text on cd player

Started by Anonymous, December 15, 2003, 21:14

Anonymous

does anybody know how to get the title of the cd/track to display on a stock sony cd player.
every track i play comes up no name.any ideas??????

Anonymous

Think you need a CD-Text CD.  I have only one in my collection.

SteveJ

Rip the CD to WAV files, then re-burn it adding the text as you do so. This requires a CD burner that support CD-Text, although I think most of the currently available drives should do.

Slacey

Does the stock unit support CD text? My Sony CDX-CA900 does, but I really can't be bothered to re-burn all my originals to add the text in!

Oh, KoRN's new CD has the text already on it - don't know why they can't just add it to all new releases as a matter of course  s:? :? s:?
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Tem

Quote from: "Slacey"don't know why they can't just add it to all new releases

I believe the whole cd text thing is patented by Sony and everyone should pay them for using it. So far I haven't seen a cd with text by anyone but Sony...doesn't mean they wouldn't exist though.

Another nice idea killed by greed...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Slacey

Yep, sounds about right... the KoRN album I mentioned is on the Epic label... who are owned by Sony  s:? :? s:?

Peter Laborne

Slacey

Blimey, I didn't realise it had been around for so long  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Quote from the above article...

QuoteAs of late November, 1997, there were apparently upwards of 100 or more CD Text encoded CDs available from Sony. It also appears virtually every Sony title release since April '97 has been encoded with CD Text, they just haven't been advertising it.

zud

Quote from: "Slacey"Yep, sounds about right... the KoRN album I mentioned is on the Epic label... who are owned by Sony  s:? :? s:?

I'd been assuming it had text so you had a chance to eject the CD quick before the music started!    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Sorry, Sean!    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    Only messing... I haven't heard much Korn, but seem to remember it was a bit too OTT for me... I'm not really in a position to pass comment, but couldn't resist the one above!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Blue SMT with leather, A/C and TTE Twin.

Slacey

Quote from: "zud"I'd been assuming it had text so you had a chance to eject the CD quick before the music started!    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Cheeky git... you're too old, that's what it is   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

zud

Quote from: "Slacey"
Quote from: "zud"I'd been assuming it had text so you had a chance to eject the CD quick before the music started!    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Cheeky git... you're too old, that's what it is   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Sad but true!  I still take the old zimmer frame to gigs you youngsters might like (Muse, Dandy Warhols, BRMC, Turin Brakes etc), but I recently bought Highway to Hell (AC/DC), and realised I first bought it on vinyl about 25 years ago!!

Talking of old people (well, over 40 anyway) I went to see Paul Weller at Brixton last night... absolutely superb!  Very very cool, great band and tracks from That's Entertinment to the current day!

filcee

Quote from: "jonboy"does anybody know how to get the title of the cd/track to display on a stock sony cd player.
every track i play comes up no name.any ideas??????

I think it only does text if you have a multi-changer that supports text.  I looked long and hard at the instructions for my (old) '01, and that is what I worked out.  I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Quote from: "zud"Paul Weller at Brixton last night... absolutely superb! Very very cool, great band and tracks from That's Entertinment to the current day!

He must have played "In the Crowd" at some point?  Which is off All Mod Cons (he has at every gig I've been to this year -  now there's an admission!)

And to get even more off topic   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

I recall SteveJ saying something at Gaydon about a stock Sony unit in the newer '03 cars. I think he said he had changed his, but this was just before he drifted his new car half way across the car park, so my memory is a bit hazy.  If it's true, does anyone have a piccie?
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

zud

Quote from: "filcee"He must have played "In the Crowd" at some point?  Which is off All Mod Cons (he has at every gig I've been to this year -  now there's an admission!)

s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  He did indeed, and bloody good it was too!! I bow to your greater knowledge of Jam discography/chronology!!    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    I'm not such a dedicated fan as you sound... but I wouldn't knock your admission of seeing him many times...  I'd definitely go again!

Were The Stands supporting on any of the gigs you've been too?  I thought they were excellent for a support act!  A little bit Ocean Colour Scene... which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned... not sure why they get so much flak!?

Tags: