Question for Buster or anyone?

Started by Anonymous, December 30, 2003, 10:05

Anonymous

Have fitted the alpine screen with the AV contoller unit located under the passenger seat, bit of a tight fit height wise but its in  :-) :-) :-)

Now have to find a location for the Alpine satnav unit, this is thicker than the AV controller so unlikely it will fit under the drivers seat as originally planned  s:( :( s:(    any likely areas for locating this as I didnt really want to use any of the storage space, its DIN thickness but about an inch wider than a single din.

Anyone found an area of unused space?  

Also does anyone know off hand what colours the speed pulse and rev speed wires are going into the dial cluster? as I need these for the sat nav and heads up display and didnt really want to go into the engine bay if poss. (colours are often different at this end compared with the ECU wiring)

cheers

Perry

GSB

Under the passenger side storage compartment is a small area of unused space. This can be made larger by fitting a us market storage compartment door, which lacks the dish in the UK market versionand could fit plenty of gera underneath.

Alternatively, take a look above the throttle pedal, plenty of room in there, if you're any good at making the right sort of brackets...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

cheers dude, will check those out.   :-) :-) :-)

Anonymous

or under the bins behnd the driver or passenger!

if you remove the plastic trim in the bin and you can mount this on top of the fuel tank and then palce the plastic back over ! but be sure to lay some dynomat under the sat nav unit to stop it heating the fuel cell! LOL

This was the reson i went for the pioneer as no seperate boxes was needed but i dont have sat nav

for the wires i dont know i would think that you will need the ECU wireing diagram founf on SC under libary

Anonymous

Cheers Buster, yeah I have that but I noted onm the Celica that everyone was wiring into the ECU (fiddly) but I managed to locate different colour wires going into the instrument cluster and spliced into these, a lot less hassle and no ECU/warrenty issues

cheers for your help guys  :-) :-) :-)

Anonymous

i cant rember what colour dose what but you will be able to meter them as long as you have someone driving of course LOL for the speed blimp   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

perry my dear man look what i have found

This is for the 2000 - 2002 MR-2 and the data base does not differentiate between the Spyder and the hard top coupe.

|12V|wht/red & wht/blu |+ |ignition harness |
|STARTER|red |+ |ignition harness |
|IGNITION|black/yellow |+ |ignition harness |
|SECOND IGNITION|red/white |+ |ignition harness |
|ACCESSORY|pink/blue |+ |ignition harness |
|POWER LOCK|blue/white |- |drivers kick panel |
|POWER UNLOCK|blue/yellow *1 |- |drivers kick panel |
|LOCK MOTOR|blue/red | |drivers kick panel |
|UNLOCK MOTOR|blue/black | |drivers kick panel |
|DISARM DEFEAT | |no progressiveunlock| |
|PARKING LIGHTS +|green | |drivers kick panel |
|PARKING LIGHTS -|red/white | |steering column |
|HEADLIGHTS|red/white |- |steering column |
|DOOR TRIGGER|*2 |- |*2 |
| DOME SUPERVISION|use door trigger | | |
|TACHOMETER|white | |drivers running board |
|SPEED SENSE|purple/white | |drivers running board |
|BRAKE WIRE|green/white |+ |at brake switch |
|HORN TRIGGER|white/red |- |steering column |
|WIPERS|blu/blk & blu/red |+ |steering column |
|LF WINDOW UP/DN|red - green |A |drivers kick panel |
|RF WINDOW UP/DN|red - green |A |passengers kick panel |
|RADIO 12V|blue/yellow |+ |radio |
|RADIO GROUND|brown |- |radio |
|RADIO SWITCH|gray |+ |radio |
|RADIO ILLUMINATE|green |+ |radio |
|POWER ANTENNA|black |+ |radio |
|LF SPEAKER|pink - purple | |radio or speaker |
|RF SPEAKER|green - blue | |radio or speaker |

Notes:
NOTE: Some models have an immobilizer system that needs to be bypassed during remote start. Use DEI module 555F or 555U to bypass. *1 Requires a double pulse for unlock. Using the same color wire in the passengers kick only requires a single pulse. *2 Drivers door is red or red/white in the drivers kick panel. Passenger door trigger is red/white in the passenger kick panel. Use both wires and diode isolate each.

so it seams speed pulse is purple/white and the tacho is white all found on driver board hope it helps

Anonymous

Buster you are a star mate!

s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D

Jap GT300

They will come in very handy!  Good find   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

i know   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

s:P :P s:P

Tags: