Underside Neon Lights???

Started by heathstimpson, December 31, 2003, 09:13

Jap GT300

How about black lights?  Then every time you walk up to your car your shoe laces will glow

aaronjb

Quote from: "phil4"So why'd you hide it away?

The glow doesn't really show up in that pic - but the entire inside glows blue.. It's up against the side of the desk because that's the only place it'd fit - I didn't realise quite how massively tall that case is when I bought it, and it all has to fit into a corner of my lounge like this  s:D :D s:D
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "phil4"I think I'd find footwell lighting annoyingly distracting.

Yep, I agree it would be distracting to have them on when driving, but I was thinking more of having them connected to the vanity light.. I reckon it would look great to have the whole interior light up blue (on my blue car) as the doors open.. no more losing anything on the floor!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Tim

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"If God wanted us to use underside neons, there would be some hanging from our ass  s8) 8) s8)

I guess neons would be appropriate after some crazy bodykit, but please don't rape a nice MR2 with those  s:? :? s:?

Not only are they a eye sore for kids who want to pretend they are driving something special, they are also dangerous and WILL get you pulled over if you have them turned on whatever the colour.  Even if the law is on your side you are just asking to get pulled.

A friend of mine ran his car up a curb a few weeks ago when a car came round a corner at high speed, the neon made him think it was a Police car or Ambulance.

Show cars ok, maybe.  Road cars NO!  Also why would you dump more weight and power loss on a lightweight low powered roadster!?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Jap GT300"How about black lights?  Then every time you walk up to your car your shoe laces will glow

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:     now theres a thought  :-) :-) :-)

Anonymous

Neons are good and have a great affect on the right car and with the 2 lowered and some kind of skirt along the side would make the vision of ligth better and give more of a glow then staring stragth at the tube!

Also theres 2 good mounting points at the frint and back for neons but teh back one means you have to cut a bit of teh nappy off !

Not that i have done it on my car but i have done it on a silver 2 in billericay and it looks good and she's got blue neaons one 24" for front and back and 32" for each side skirt but she hasnt got it lowered nor have a kit and i think it looks a bit glarey !

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Buster"Not that i have done it on my car but i have done it on a silver 2 in billericay and it looks good and she's got blue neaons one 24" for front and back and 32" for each side skirt but she hasnt got it lowered nor have a kit and i think it looks a bit glarey !
Smoothie Buster; assisting the ladies again  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

juansolo

Quote from: "heathstimpson"What do ya all think about having blue neons lighting up the underside of your 2  s:?: :?: s:?:  Sad or cool  s:?: :?: s:?:  Has anyone done this  s:?: :?: s:?:

Oh god please no.

You know, the whole Max Power culture baffles me (I feel I may be about to start something contentious here...).  

Massive zorsts (look rediculous, makes the unpleasant sound of a massively amplified 100bhp 4 pot.), induction kits (or a bit of pipe with a K&N cone filter on the end that in most cases sucks in hot air from the engine bay negating any actual power gains.  So again it's function is to make it noisy), dump valves (utterly pointless but hey, they ptchooow), insane body kits/wings (kev in his shed destroying what the manufacturer achived with very bright people/software and a wind tunnel), blue leds (what is that all about?  For the life of me I haven't a clue) and fantastically expensive ice (usually worth more than the car, doubles it's wieght and is played to levels that will see them all deaf before 20).  

WHHHHHHHHHHY?!

So no, in answer to you question, I think it will look wank.
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

juansolo

Saying that, each to there own I suppose.  Just my opinion, extreme though it may be.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "juansolo"Saying that, each to there own I suppose.  Just my opinion, extreme though it may be.
Have you done any mods to your car or is it as manufacturers  s:?: :?: s:?:  I know some like to keep theirs totally standard, and others only do subtle mods.

juansolo

Mine's standard.  

Edited to add: Actually I find the Exhaust shroud on the 2003 embarrasing, if I could be bothered I'd take it off.

Anonymous

visions of a pea shooter with a baked bean can wrapped around it  s;-) ;-) s;-)    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

juansolo

Exactly!

Anonymous

Quote from: "juansolo"WHHHHHHHHHHY?!

Amen.

Anonymous

Quoteand fantastically expensive ice (usually worth more than the car, doubles it's wieght and is played to levels that will see them all deaf before 20).

He He   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

juansolo

I suppose you could also read that as:  I'm getting old.

Anonymous

Quote from: "juansolo"JuanSolo says... use Marmite.

Its like Marmite, you either love it or hate it.

Or to put it my way, you are either Max Power ie all talk, no trousers or... well... basically just about everyone else.

Tem

Quote from: "WoodenDummy"Not only are they a eye sore for kids who want to pretend they are driving something special, they are also dangerous and WILL get you pulled over if you have them turned on whatever the colour.  Even if the law is on your side you are just asking to get pulled.

Yep, and if you ever take a drive to Finland, better leave the neons to UK  s8) 8) s8)  Driving with them on results in some 500e fine and loss of your plates. The car obviously stays right there, unless you wanna risk driving without the plates and getting more fines. You get the plates back once you take your car to inspection without the neons. Sometimes I just gotta love the cops  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

(in theory it's just as legal to have them even if they are off, but obviously there's practically no chance to get pulled over if they aren't on)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "juansolo"Mine's standard.  

Edited to add: Actually I find the Exhaust shroud on the 2003 embarrasing, if I could be bothered I'd take it off.
I agree; I'm only looking to replace it with a twin and upgrade the ICE in the near future.

N.b. I'm not adding neons I was just finding out what peoples opions are on them. It looks as though the majority don't like them. Just been watching to much 2F&2F:wink:

Anonymous

Sad or Cool?

Sad as Sad can be (IMHO!).  

Leave it!

Anonymous

With Andy and Solo on this one. I have "expressed" my opinion on this topic before a number of times and I have to say, I just do not get it. Not one bit. Ok, there is maybe a call for a little individuality here and there, so I am not THAT averse to the odd mod here and there, but with the kits, the engine mods, lights, exhausts, blah blah blah, it just ends up making what is already a nice looking car in most cases have a really horrible and......well........downright amatuer look to it. I have yet to see a body kit on ANY car that doesn't look like it was fitted in a back street lock up by someone called Barry and his mate Wayne! Not one.

We are not car designers. None of us (unless I am mistaken and if I am, I am sorry), so WHY do we try and make our cars "individual"? Its like listening to that Levellers tune at some of the nightclubs I used to go to when I was a student back in the very early 90's. The tune is "One Way" and the main tag line in the tune was "There's only one way of life, and thats your own". At which point, this made me laugh cos there was 400 students, all dressed in baggy t-shirts, ripped jeans, army boots and dreadlocks all bouncing up and down. How much is that defeating the tune? Individuality? I am really not sure.....each car may look unique, but is it really? Thats why I laugh at the Rice Boys so much. See them on telly talking about their motors and asked why they do it. "Its cos its different innit? I like my car to be unique. individual". Err........look around you BrainBox! There are 30 cars that look just as crap as yours mate!!!

Sorry for the strong opinions on this one. But I just don't go for it. But each to their own and good luck to them. For what its worth, I think Slacey has got the mod thing spot on. Subtle, doesn't look THAT different from original spec and tasteful. THAT is how to mod a car........IF you are going to do it. But I don't think you should go toomuch further with it mate. You have the balance just right and a very nice looking motor it is too!

Phew. Can I get off my soapbox now please? I don't like being this high........

Slacey

Quote from: "John Woodward"For what its worth, I think Slacey has got the mod thing spot on. Subtle, doesn't look THAT different from original spec and tasteful. THAT is how to mod a car........IF you are going to do it. But I don't think you should go toomuch further with it mate. You have the balance just right and a very nice looking motor it is too!
s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  I'm really pleased people like what I have done (there is nothing else planned, so don't worry!), I love the car and am even more proud of it when I get comments like yours John. I may have blown some of my cred with the momo gearknob, but what the hey...  s:D :D s:D
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Quote from: "John Woodward"We are not car designers. None of us (unless I am mistaken and if I am, I am sorry), so WHY do we try and make our cars "individual"?

Do you think that our car was designed to look as it does without compromise?  

As far as I can see a brilliant example is the suspension and huge wheel arches.  I'm pretty sure that the look there was a compromise on behalf of cost and comfort.  <cynic> Probably just so they can sell us TTE springs for another wedge of cash. </cynic>

If it were all left to car designers then there'd be no excause for the Vauxhall Astra, or Rover 200 or new BMW 5 series or or or.

While I sort of agree with the Neon's, I'm not anti-mod as I feel that the designers of cars have been compromised by cost or manufacturing limits, and that an owner choosing to redress that balance a little is not a bad thing.

Granted there are many tacky mods, many badly fitted/made mods, and lots of daft mods, but as you say Slacey has done a fine job, and there are some other mods for our car that have a similar effect.

Darth Paul

I'm with juansolo. Wank.

Darth Paul

Wanker than a wank thing from wankland.

Tags: