Underside Neon Lights???

Started by heathstimpson, December 31, 2003, 09:13

Anonymous

hmmm only kev's and shazza's have neon lights .. why not go the whole hog and get a nova whilst ure at it  s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

Darth, nice to have you chip in on the odd occasion. STILL making me giggle.....

I see where you are coming from Phil, I really do. But can honestly say that the cars that were compromised had looks as their no.1 selling point? Yeah, in todays market, this IS a big deal. But there are other priorities for those cars, such as comfort, practicality etc. There is the compromise and I have to say there are a lot of cars out there that look utterly shite, with no excue (have you SEEN the Hyundai Atoz? Ohmegawd......). But with the Rice Boys, this doesn't come into the equations. They take what is a relatively nice looking car and they detroy all relation to that motor. I have seen Pug 205's that look SCARILY like a brick! They cant tell me that they look good? There is a difference with a HIGE budget from a manufacturer making a compromise than with a Ricer making a hash of ANY car. Like I said and has YOU have said, redressing the balance on the the little "compromises" for some is not necessarily a bad thing (you are right on the gap between tyre and arch by the way. Far too big...), you can take it too far and it no longer becomes unique and original. It just looks shit! Hence my comments on Slacey's car. IF I was going to do it, then that is the way I would go too. And your welcome for the comments Slacey. Although I haven't seen the motor in the flash, I like the pictures and especially with the Anthracite wheels. Classy.

Besides, I am a sucker for a black car........  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

DAZ400

Well each to their own and I like neons but I want to improve on that and I am currently designing an LED light system that is brighter than neon but also offers the uniform glow that neon gives. As for colours my system will be fully programmable and will give primary colours of red/green/blue or any colour with 4096 shades. I am moving to Menorca and have seen on Mallorca neons on cars and no they don't have corsa's and I think they look really cool. I have chrome 17" wheels and an e-tech spoiler as well which won't be to everyones liking but it is what I like. Take off flame proof suit and now retreat to bomb shelter.   s8) 8) s8)
SOLD No more 2. Just a bus for the family..........

Anonymous

No need for the flame jacket Daz. Like I said, each to their own. Not bothered by that. But calling it individual is my problem and just going WAY over the top with what already looks a nice car for me is a problem. But like you said. Not everyones taste and in my mind the variety is a good thing. The world would be pretty boring without people we can flame........  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Chris

Quote from: "juansolo"induction kits (or a bit of pipe with a K&N cone filter on the end that in most cases sucks in hot air from the engine bay negating any actual power gains.  So again it's function is to make it noisy)....
WHHHHHHHHHHY?!

Hmmm, sounds a bit like the apexi that some of us saddo's have got then...

ooops, that'd be me then!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Anonymous

Our Silver MR2 has a purle neon in the back grille... tucked up above the grille actually so you just see the glow. It's fairly smart looking and certainly sets it out from others! Have just ordered two more to fit in the side vents... similar idea, you should just see them glowing! Will look mean when a corsa driver see's us approaching in his rear view mirror!

Actually, we've just sold a Corsa SRi in order to pay for all the mods on the roadster! Irony at its best.

Neons look good as long as you do something clever with them, and you can't see he strip... just the glow. Oh, and choose a colour other than blue!

In my experience, "Plasmaglow" are the best on the market. Go to  w www.autostylin.co.uk w  for the range. Come in good range of colours. Also "Varad" are very good.

Go for LED kits under a car, harder wearing generally and much brighter. Easier and cheaper to replace if damaged too. £180 for full plasmaglow LED under car kit @ Autostylin.

Cheers all!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "Jono & Emma"Our Silver MR2 has a purle neon in the back grille...

And the photos to prove this looks cool are where????

s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

markiii

in someones imagination?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "markiii"in someones imagination?

Ooh, ooh...I'm good at that game!!!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

markiii

I know.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Peter Laborne

Woooah...  s8) 8) s8)  ...cooool...  s8) 8) s8)  ...neon...  s8) 8) s8)  ...yeah

GSB

Quote from: "Jono & Emma"Our Silver MR2 has a purle neon in the back grille...

There goes a brave man... 2 posts in and he's already admitted to liking neon... Talk about starting off on the wrong foot!

Photos please, I always like to get the full story before the flaming starts!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Welcome to the club by the way...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

LeeUK

http://www.carandmodel.com/gallery/hin20030405-cars?&page=8

Look at the bottom right hand side!

s:D :D s:D
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

juansolo

I can let you off, only because it's purple and anything purple is cool.
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

LeeUK

Hmmm i'm tempted to get a purple kit for my car (which is red).   s:D :D s:D  

I'll look into it!
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

juansolo

Quote from: "LeeUK"Hmmm i'm tempted to get a purple kit for my car

s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  I have a purple kit car...  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

LeeUK

What kit car?  My boss is building an Ultima GTR, what a poof!  I told him get a real car, get a "2"!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

juansolo

Westfield, better get back on topic though:

I thought about fitting neon to it...

...actually no I didn't.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

kanujunkie

without too much risk of getting completely flamed, like that ever happens on here  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   i did think that neons glowing thru from the sides of the engine bay would look cool, perhaps red on my silver 2  s:? :? s:?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Tags: