Local Mr.T are rubbish!!!

Started by Anonymous, April 9, 2008, 13:25

Anonymous

well i have just had a great experience!!
took my car to have its first service (its a 2006 with 10k on clock, been on road a year) - firstly i get the most unhelpful negative guy on the planet!!! he wanted to argue with me that this was my second service not first (like i wouldnt know my own car!!) had to explain that yes my car is 2 years old but its only been on road a year and has done 10k!!!

then he told me i cant disconnect the aerial (had a minor incident where i snapped it off) where we know from previous threads this can be done!! then he said there is no way of turning up my alarm, so apparently i have to live with an alarm that is no louder than the one that wakes me every morning!!! then told me there is nothing he can do about the roof problem (where its catching on the inside and ripping it)

apart from the fact my car is still under warranty and these problems should be sorted anyway!!!

im so angry, i have smoke coming out of my ears!!! any advice on how to handle him when i go pick my car up in half an hour???

PS sorry for rant!!!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Liz

Well if it helps the alarm is a known issue - well documented on here - it sits underneath the spare wheel as you are probably aware and is muffled - a few people have moved the siren box so that it is externally mounted and therefore can be heard, no reason why Mr T should do that for you though - as far as they are concerned it has an alarm.

As far as the servicing goes - its the mileage or the age - whichever comes first - which by the sounds of it yours would need the 2 year one as it has reached 2 years before 20K IYSWIM.

What dealers is it - we may have a discount scheme with them and I can point you in the direction of the discount letter to print out a copy of before you go back!

If I was you - I would take a nice deep breath and ask to speak to the service manager when you go back and reiterate that you want something done about the roof.  Don't shout and rant - it gets you nowhere - speak calmly and use subtle sarcasm - works wonders!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

yeah i knew the alarm problem because it was turned down when i got it and they told me they turned it "half way" when i took it in a year ago but ive asked for it to be turned all the way up now.

and im aware of the service too, but surely this is still classed as its first service since its never had one before. at 1 year old the car had 7 miles on it cos thats how i bought it!!!

its the one in lowestoft, would be great to get a discount!!
although still think i might lose my rag when i go back, i dont like to but he was so negative it got my back up!!

Liz

I see what you mean - but the car is 2 years old - there will be more things that need doing at 2 year service rather than the 1st one - I know I would rather my car had the service that it needed for its age.

This one:

Dingles Toyota
London Road South, Lowestoft, NR33 0PP
Tel: 01502 526700

10% parts and labour

Agreed Ian McDonald Aftersales Manager July 2005

If so I will did out a link for you.

Anonymous

yeah thats the one!!  brilliant!! thanks

Liz

m http://www.mr2roc.org/Repository/misc/clubdocs/mai ... estoft.pdf m

Here you go - proof of membership required so print out your profile page and take that too.

normanh

I bought mine from Dingles and still have it serviced by then, I rate them tops!!!

normanh

Anonymous

Quote from: "smithy"took my car to have its first service (its a 2006 with 10k on clock, been on road a year) - firstly i get the most unhelpful negative guy on the planet!!! he wanted to argue with me that this was my second service not first (like i wouldnt know my own car!!) had to explain that yes my car is 2 years old but its only been on road a year and has done 10k!!!
The guy was right here: You need a 2nd year (major) service as the car is 2 years old. Simple as that. It's irrelevant how many miles you've done as servicing is (as stated in your handbook) every 10K miles OR 12 months, whatever came first. If you bought the car with just 7 miles on the clock (meaning it'd been sat on a forecourt for 12 mths!) then you should've insisted that they gave it a proper 1st service before you bought it. That's exactly what I've had to do with bot my previous two cars, which were both 2 years old but well under 10K on mileage.

Anonymous

Actually, just thinking about it, if you've not followed the servicing as stated in your handbook then they're quite within their rights to refuse to honour the warranty on the car. Might be worth thinking about that before ranting at the guy next time, especially when he's right  s;) ;) s;)

kanujunkie

heres a copy of the service schedule in B&W

m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20262 m
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

That's a really good point Ekona. If it was me, I'd ask them why they didn't do a first service and stamp the book when they sold it to you? It's their rules so in theory they can't have it both ways? As Liz said, speak to the service manager nicely and suggest the book needs two stamps!!

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "sandstrain"That's a really good point Ekona. If it was me, I'd ask them why they didn't do a first service and stamp the book when they sold it to you? It's their rules so in theory they can't have it both ways? As Liz said, speak to the service manager nicely and suggest the book needs two stamps!!

A very good point! If the car was a year old, they should've serviced it and stamped the book before selling it.

Talk to them nicely - people respond better to encouragement than aggressive confrontation.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

carl_evs

Quote from: "sandstrain"That's a really good point Ekona. If it was me, I'd ask them why they didn't do a first service and stamp the book when they sold it to you? It's their rules so in theory they can't have it both ways? As Liz said, speak to the service manager nicely and suggest the book needs two stamps!!

I'd have to agree...if they sold the car at a year old and didnt carry out the first service and stamp the book as per the schedule - then they didnt follow their own rules. Therefore, if they didn't follow their own rules they I can't see how they could pull that one on you?!
2nd Place - Northern Treasure Hunt

\'52 Lagoon Blue SMT - Likwidart graphics - quite a bit of other stuff...most homemade!!

Quote from: \"nelix\"Sold him my knob, fast payment, thanks

StuM

Quote from: "carl_evs"Therefore, if they didn't follow their own rules they I can't see how they could pull that one on you?!

I'm not sure (though have only read this particular thread) that smithy bought the car from this (or any other) dealer though...   s:? :? s:?
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

SimonC_Here

[cynic mode]
They can pull what they like, it's their rules.
I guess the could say they the car should have been serviced by the buyer when the bought it. Or at least the buyer should have raised it at the time.
[/cynic mode]

Simon

Anonymous

Well, the alternative is to do or say nothing. If you choose to do this, then nothing will change. (Mao may have said that in his little red book but I can't remember   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )

Anonymous

ok im back from the garage. the bloke was clearly in a grumpy negative mood when i first went in but was soon happy when i went back a little while ago.

i raised the above points with him and ok i hold my hands up, i was wrong, it should be the second service, he appologised cos they hadnt serviced it before i brought it and as i was unaware of this at the time of purchase it was half and half fault.
it now has its service and i suppose all is good but should i now go back and say i should really have 2 stamps or is it too late now???

they sorted out my other problems apart from the alarm which apparently has no volume on it.
and the whole roof is to be replaced soon too!!

Anonymous

please, please, please just ask them to put a stamp in for the first service. They have admitted a problem. All you are asking them for is the full service history that you are entitled to

Anonymous

but they have already stamped the first box as todays date!!!
im really annoyed now!! annoyed with myself that i didnt know this before i brought the car!! i knew the first service was at 10k/year old so i didnt think the car sitting on the forecourt for a year not moving would need a service!! yes, ok, im officially thick!!!

Peter Wright

Quote from: "smithy"ok, I'm officially thick!!!
No your not thick they are
Make an official complaint to Toyota GB explaining everything
The best Mr T around here are Dingles Attleborough or failing that Roys Motors Norwich
Pete
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

Liz

Quote from: "sandstrain"please, please, please just ask them to put a stamp in for the first service. They have admitted a problem. All you are asking them for is the full service history that you are entitled to

How can they if they didn't do it/it hasn't been done?? That would make it a false service history and seen as the date is on the stamp that would look a tad weird - I would ask for something in writing to say that they made a mistake.

Did you get a discount?

Anonymous

i heard before attleborough were good but lowestoft was closer, might re-think that in future!!

on a plus note they told me they would supply and fit TTE lowering springs for £230 and my 10% discount. i thought this was a reasonable price!!

Anonymous

yeah liz, i got the discount, thank you very much!!

Anonymous

Don't give yourself a hard time. Try getting them to stamp the next box (our mistake first time). Also, as they accept 50% of the blame, then they should reduce the cost of the service by 50%  of the value of the first one. I know that this is easy to say from me sitting here in Wokingham but if they want your custom back etc. etc.!  Things  I know for sure, when you trade the car in, they will talk a different story and if you don't ask (push for), what you want you won't get it. I've embarressed my children on too many buying occasions to be worried about upsetting the non existant feelings of the sales people. The worst that can happen is that at the end of the day you pay the price that was asked (so what's wrong with that!)

Anonymous

Please tell me you got them to do a major (i.e. more expensive than normal) service and not a normal one...

Tags: