What's my MR2 worth??

Started by Anonymous, April 17, 2008, 10:50

Anonymous

Ok,

So I've not had it long, and I love it more than cake..

But sadly it has to go..

I've just moved house and I simply can't justify having no sofa's but a nice car!

Can you give me an idea what I should aim for with my '2?

I paid practically 21k from Toyota last October.

2006 MR2 Hardtop/Aircon
8459 miles
Sable Grey
TTE Front splitter, skirts and rear spats
TTE Exhaust
Leather interior

The car is mint, no dints no dings and maybe 1 small scratch on a wheel if you look for it.

Who would like to take a guess at what its worth?

Thanks

Jamie

GSB

[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Yes Im aware of Parkers and have used it in the past.

But with the high spec etc... what would be a fair price to advertise it at?

Anonymous

According to parkers they reckon 12k.

If thats the case Im going to have to keep it.

enid_b

without wanting to descend into the hoohar of your hardtop thread, i think people will be wary of assisting you with this one.

whilst i sympathise with your no sofa predicament, to be honest you will get no where near what you paid for your car. the high spec that you mention is not really much more than standard to be honest

i dont want to post a figure but the thing you must remember is that your car is only worth what someone will pay for it.

as mentioned on a similar thread, there are hundreds of good quality roadsters up for sale on ebay and similar at the moment.

i would recommend though that you hang on to it until the weather picks up, as prices are generally stronger when the sun comes out.

hope this helps

Enid
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

markiii

agreed with jason, tbh I think you overpaid quite a bit for her in October so your going to take a bigger hit than you'd expect right off teh bat
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Ok Thanks guys,

I blame Toyota selling all the old batches for the huge price drop though..

s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

GSB

It's painful to think it, but generally speaking optional extras only add a fraction of their original cost to the value of the car when it comes time to sell. What they are good is for making your car more desirable than all the others out there, and thus making it sell a bit faster.  

Sadly you have to be realistic. Its no longer a current model, which can have negative effect on price, certainly just because its not made anymore doesn't immediately give it "classic" status and push the prices up. Plus, the weather's lousy, making convertibles slightly less attractive to punters than if the sun was shining, and at the end of the day, all things considered, its a secondhand Toyota...

Its also in a price bracket that will buy you an awful lot of "proper"car. £12k will buy you all manner of excellent low mileage metal with lots of toys. There are even some premium badges up for grabs at that sort of money, which means choosing the little Toyota, as fantastic as it may very well be, means making the choice to sacrifice an awful lot of toys, performance, practicality, comfort, and much more besides, to be able to sit behind the wheel of something whose appeal is slightly more cerebral than the spec sheet might otherwise suggest. It's an enthusiasts car, and 99% of the population dont give 2 hoots about handling finesse etc. They simply want a good looking car with enough room to cart the tribe around in...
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

I'll put it up on here for a while first, hopefully to find the right seller.

Would I be taking the **** to ask for 14k then?

markiii

you can only try

point of accuracy though TTE never made skirts or spats, so I expect it;s teh Toyota GB Bodykit you have
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Toyota mis sold me the kit then?

Reckon I can return the car on this basis?

You know what I have GAP insurance, will someone steal it from me please?

markiii

most dealkers wouldn;t know teh difference between a TTE accessory and a Toyota GB Accessory if it bit them on teh arse

depedns what it says on teh paperwork but i doubt it

Liz

Quote from: "RiZzah"Toyota mis sold me the kit then?

Do you know how many people work for the police on here????  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

GSB

Quote from: "RiZzah"I'll put it up on here for a while first, hopefully to find the right seller.

Would I be taking the **** to ask for 14k then?

Probably...

The most expensive example on Autotrader at the moment (of the 800+ Roadsters advertised there) is only £13.5k, and thats one of the last 300 run-out models (the TF300) from a Toyota dealer.  Best of luck, but any sane person looking at the current market would very swiftly swerve your car if it were priced that high.

Anonymous

QuoteDo you know how many people work for the police on here???? Wink

Bring it on   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

GSB

Quote from: "Liz"
Quote from: "RiZzah"Toyota mis sold me the kit then?

Do you know how many people work for the police on here????  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

I imagine he soon will if he tries that scam Liz...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Sigh..

I guess thats your excitement for the day then?

Lighten up..

Liz

Quote from: "RiZzah"I guess thats your excitement for the day then?

I doubt it!  Anyway we digress from your original thread - even though you are the one that went off topic.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

loadswine

If you put it on ebay with a reserve of 11k and loads of good quality pics, you might shift it that way, but its one of those awful things that means your pride and joy , with the spec that you desired is only worth a fraction a few months down the line.
With the bodykit, it makes it quite desirable, but doesn't add much value secondhand. In other words, if there are two similar cars , but yours looks better, and I'm sure it looks a peach, yours will be the one they will go for.
A nice spec like that deserves to be kept and enjoyed for a bit.
I would plump for keeping and enjoying the car for a while longer, hang justification!  s:) :) s:)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Anonymous

Thats what Im thinking, just carry on sitting on patio chairs for the next year.

Hypothetically speaking.

If my car is worth 12k now,

How much will it be worth in 12 months?

I imagine I've hit the huge depreciation already, and I imagine I might only lose another £500 in 12 months.

s:? :? s:?

loadswine

That sort of thing, yes, spot on.  s8) 8) s8)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

aaronjb

Depreciation is painful - I know mine dropped from 17k to maybe 12k in the first year I had it (it was already 18 months old when I bought it), and that hurt pretty bad..

And now it's worth.. 6, 7, maybe 8k tops.  It's enough to make a grown man cry.

Still, it'll go with me to the grave, so it matters not..  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

uktotty

Quote from: "RiZzah"Thats what I'm thinking, just carry on sitting on patio chairs for the next year.

Hypothetically speaking.

If my car is worth 12k now,

How much will it be worth in 12 months?

I imagine I've hit the huge depreciation already, and I imagine I might only lose another £500 in 12 months.

s:? :? s:?

Thats the best idea you had all day!

Anonymous

Yeah Ive lost nearly 10k in less months..

No one's fault but my own...

Still, I should get more for mine, as it has the uber-rare optional extra:

Flux Capacitor

kanujunkie

Quote from: "RiZzah"Still, I should get more for mine, as it has the uber-rare optional extra:

Flux Capacitor

eeeeerrrrrrrr   yyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh right, enough said  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Tags: