Comments On My MR-S

Started by dlivingstone_19, July 10, 2008, 15:47

StuM

Quote from: "Liz"those C-One side vents.....I so want!

Me too!  

Are these carbon fibre jobbies?
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

uktotty

Nope definaltely blue

Anonymous

03+ rear inserts,short antenna,kickpanels,khc's.so many idea's.

The stage 1 lip kit looks very nice indeed in blue in those pics.Really drags out the lines of the car.

Very very nice.

Also be nice if you could remove the front license plate and cover the dimples with a de-dimplator.

I be running the prototype next week maybe to see how it hold's up.
Huge thanks to Dev.

dlivingstone_19

Cheers people,

Would be nice to get rid of the dimples on front grille.

Next jobs are going to be :

* Relocate fog light
* Paint Calipers
* Spray Front & Rear Grills Black
* New Exhaust Trim
* Couple of jobs to Interior - Colour Coding, gear knob etc
** Racing in the Caterham Academy for 2013 Thanks to Pistonheads, Autosport and Caterham **

Toyota MRS Spec:
Trd front splitter, Trd Side skirts, Trd Rear Spoiler, New style Rear Lights, 17inch Dezent Motion Black Alloys, Cobra Quad Exit Exhaust System, Markiii Inlet Pipe & Sony Cd Player

Peter Wright

Quote from: "dlivingstone_19"Cheers people,
Next jobs are going to be :
* New Exhaust Trim
Ive got a nice one somewhere, if I can find it, its 3" chrome, you can have it if you like, cost £30 just make a small donation to club funds
Pete
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

StuM

Quote from: "uktotty"Nope definaltely blue

Had a browse around online and could only find carbon fibre C-One scoops (for £200   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  ) so wondered if these ones had been sprayed.

Mr Livingstone - can I ask where your C-One scoops came from please?

Thanks
Stu
Stu M

dlivingstone_19

No you can't. Ha

Unfortunately I don't know where they came from as when I bought the car the were already on there. I remember seeing some for sale on Mrs Passion website. But not 100%.

The exhaust trim - 3" will probably look the same so cheers for the offer wanna go for something different
** Racing in the Caterham Academy for 2013 Thanks to Pistonheads, Autosport and Caterham **

Toyota MRS Spec:
Trd front splitter, Trd Side skirts, Trd Rear Spoiler, New style Rear Lights, 17inch Dezent Motion Black Alloys, Cobra Quad Exit Exhaust System, Markiii Inlet Pipe & Sony Cd Player

StuM

Quote from: "dlivingstone_19"Unfortunately I don't know where they came from as when I bought the car the were already on there. I remember seeing some for sale on Mrs Passion website. But not 100%.

Many thanks.

Stu
Stu M

dlivingstone_19

Also I was thinking about changing the number plates on the car. As you alll know my car is an import.

How small can I go on the front number plate? I am correct in saying as long as the text is standard size ... it doesn't matter what size the plate is?

I'm also changing the rear plate to jap size 12" x 6".

Toyota MRS Spec:

enid_b

do a search on number plate spacing, its been done to death on here.

also google it on the dvla site.

hth

E
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

rypt

Quote from: "StuM"
Quote from: "uktotty"Nope definaltely blue

Had a browse around online and could only find carbon fibre C-One scoops (for £200   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  ) so wondered if these ones had been sprayed.

Mr Livingstone - can I ask where your C-One scoops came from please?

Thanks
Stu

They are these FRP ones right?  m http://japanparts.com/db/partslist.php? ... 47-002-002 m

StuM

Quote from: "rypt"They are these FRP ones right?  m http://japanparts.com/db/partslist.php? ... 47-002-002 m

Awesome - thanks for that.

S
Stu M

Anonymous

I swapped out my retangular's for square motorcycle plates from Halfords.Over here they are permitted on cars also.I dont know the law in the UK.But the look much neater.

De-dimplator:

stay tuned

dlivingstone_19

Can anyone suggest a good gear knob? I like richbrook ones but can't find one that might fit.   s:( :( s:(  

Under £30

Toyota MRS Spec:

enid_b

i got a richbrook chrome one, it was only about £12 i think.  bought direct from them too. it just screws on with an allen key fitting (doesnt damage the underlying thread if you want to go back to standard.)

keep searching and you will find.

E
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

dlivingstone_19

Will it fit perfect even though I haven't got a short shifter? Do you know the model name of yours?

Toyota MRS Spec:

enid_b

richbrook emblem gear knob in silver, not for lift reverse 22 english pounds

there you go.

22 quid direct, but i have seen one a second ago for 18 quid, im sure if you browse ebay there are cheaper ones still.

and yes, it fits perfect. i wanted one similar to the puma knob, but i like this much more (apart from very cold winter mornings) it feels really nice.

the short shifter had no bearing on the fitting.  

E

roger

Quote from: "dlivingstone_19"Also I was thinking about changing the number plates on the car. As you alll know my car is an import.

How small can I go on the front number plate?

iirc an imported car is allowed to have the number plate sizes that exist in the country of original legislation. Did Mark do that on his? He may know the regs, because they don't seem to come up on DVLA.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

StuM

Quote from: "dlivingstone_19"Also I was thinking about changing the number plates on the car. As you alll know my car is an import.

How small can I go on the front number plate?

According to a number plate site I found (CraigsPlates) the DVLA say:

Quote from: "DVLA""All number plates must meet standard size for lettering and style (with the exception of imported cars that were not designed for UK plates and have a functional reason for not using standard size plates).  Certain imported vehicles may be permitted to display number plates with smaller characters if: The vehicle does not have European Community Whole Type Approval AND the vehicle's construction/design cannot accommodate standard UK size number plates".

So.. to me this would imply that unless you physically cannot fit a regular plate on, you have to use the UK standard sizes.

Very vague though.
Stu M

DannyN

is it telling tales to say that Spit has a square one   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:D :D s:D
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

enid_b

yeah, but the characters are up to conformity danny. i think thats the main gist of the legality??

i could be wrong though, i usually am lol

J

Peter Wright

Quote from: "dlivingstone_19"What style of tailpipe would you suggest?
Take your pick

m http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trks ... haust+tips m
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

dlivingstone_19

I want to buy some touch up paint. What colour is my car?

At halfords seem to go by colour name rather than code.

Cheers

Toyota MRS Spec:

Peter Wright

Toyota Astral Black

dlivingstone_19

Sorry my car is BLUE.

Toyota MRS Spec:

Tags: