Pick the colour to refurb my wheels.

Started by scottish_turbo, August 5, 2008, 22:33

scottish_turbo

I'm going to refurbish my standard 15" wheels.

I just thought I'd ask for some colour suggestions.

I have a yellow car as you can see in my avatar and red brake calipers.

I'm interested in any suggestions that you have. Specific colours would be useful and even pictures of the colour would help.

Anonymous

Pink.

scottish_turbo

I wondered how long that would take!

onion86

I'd be tempted to go for white. Make the callipers stand out a lot more. You have a yellow interior too?
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

scottish_turbo

Quote from: "onion86"I'd be tempted to go for white. Make the callipers stand out a lot more. You have a yellow interior too?

No, black leather with a grey centre and yellow stictching. It is an import and it is the standard interior.

I was thinking white but then I thought I might paint the calipers silver and refurb my wheels blue.

T17LUN

might sound boring but i'm a big fan of black, saw wabbitkilla gloss black wheels and gloss black calipers, very nice

Tee

evileye_wrx

Sahara Sun Yellow wheels

or Lime Green for the mental look
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Jaik

Black wheels on a yellow car look superb.

uktotty

Shiny gloss black defo

olliex1

Black is good! Or Anthracite for something slightly lighter   s:D :D s:D
2002---Black---Red Leather---Red brake calipers---Anthracite Stock Wheels---TTE Lowering springs---Corky\'s Breastplate---Gutted pre-cats---Ducktail Spoiler---Red J Spec Nose Badge---Dev\'s Keyhole Covers---Clear Side Indicators---Apexi Power Intake---H&S Twin Exhaust

scottish_turbo

I think I'm going to go crazy and paint them porsche maritime blue or yellow.

No idea if it will look any good or not but there is only one way to find out i suppose.

StuM

Quote from: "scottish_turbo"No idea if it will look any good or not but there is only one way to find out i suppose.

Yep - Photoshop!  Feel free to send me a pic and I'll do my best to mock it up....

Stu
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

scottish_turbo

Quote from: "StuM"
Quote from: "scottish_turbo"No idea if it will look any good or not but there is only one way to find out i suppose.

Yep - Photoshop!  Feel free to send me a pic and I'll do my best to mock it up....

Stu

That would be great thanks.

I don't have any pics of my car with the standard wheels, but if you could use the one below to give me an idea that would be wonderful.

I have been trying to use photoshop to change the colour of the wheels - with no success!

StuM

No worries, will have a play this evening   s:D :D s:D  

Loving the 2 in the pic by the way!
Stu M

custardavenger

Change the calipers from red then you can put almost any colour with Yellow. I recon Grey would look good (not silver or gunmetal), Or Black, Blue etc etc
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

Anonymous

Mine is yellow too (the car Nelix, the car) and I would like to re-furb the wheels anthracite, when I have funds that arn't required elsewhere.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mister Rebel"Mine is yellow too (the car Nelix, the car) and I would like to re-furb the wheels anthracite, when I have funds that arn't required elsewhere.

Simon im shocked and saddened that you think i would make a comment re your jaundice!  s:D :D s:D  

I quite fancy anthracite too, but at the moment my alloys are in good nick.

Gloss black will go well with the yellow, the wheels will stand out without being in your face.

alancdavis

White looks great but a pig to keep clean,,,,,,,,I  think gold woud look good    s8) 8) s8)
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Jaik

Blue is a bad idea! Gold or bronze would look fantastic on a black, red or blue car, but not sure they'll sit too well against the yellow.

StuM

OK, didn't have a lot of time in the end tonight, so here are two tries:

Reminds me of the Renault Williams colours...

If you want to see black wheels, found this on Spyderchat:

Also on Spyderchat is a thread dedicated to wheel photos here:

Clicky

It is a long thread - I love the 2 at the top of page 2.  A bit further down page 2 is a yellow one with gloss black stock wheels - not sure of that look myself though....

Cheers,
Stu
Stu M

evileye_wrx

Isn't the black wheel thing being a bit done to death recently? I like that idea of blue and am a big fan of the wheels/ bodywork in the same colour. I also wasn't joking about the lime green!

Oh and Nelix

:: coughcopycatcough ::

s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

StuM

Quote from: "evileye_xc"I also wasn't joking about the lime green!

Stu M

loadswine

It all gets very subjective, but the lime green actually works! I also like grey and the black with red stripe, though a yellow or green stripe might be good accents.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

scottish_turbo

Thanks very much.

Mmm! I quite like the blue! Definately not painting them black though.

loadswine

Yep, the blue is good. Nice to see someone going for a different approach.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Tags: