Bodykit time... got a few bits to throw on!

Started by Andy_Foz, November 2, 2008, 15:55

Andy_Foz

Was scouring Ebay last week and found a couple of bodykit parts for my rollerskate! Bought a genuine front TRD splitter for £25 (!) and a rear bumper with a genuine TRD rear splitter (slightly more expensive but still a complete bargain!).

Just need a set of sideskirts now. Cant get TRD ones anywhere, so considering aftermarket ones, but noone keeps anything in stock and waiting til December... as if! lol Considering these, but think they might be a bit too wild for the rest of the kit. What does everyone else think?

m http://www.jdltuning.com/news/toyota_mr2_bodykit.html m

Anyway, here is the front splitter...

It fits perfectly, just needs a bead of tiger seal and a few self tappers underneath. Oh, and paint, of course!

And a picture of the rear splitter/diffuser.

Wont get them sprayed and fitted til ive sourced some skirts.

muffdan

Nice.

Personally i think you should leave the front splitter as is and paint the rest of the car to match   s:D :D s:D  

Jason
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Andy_Foz

Quote from: "muffdan"Nice.

Personally i think you should leave the front splitter as is and paint the rest of the car to match   s:D :D s:D  

Jason

But isnt green the slowest colour and will have a detrimental effect on my acceleration?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Andy

muffdan

lol, that blue paint mod does wonders for your aerodynamics, not to mention the go-faster white stripe mod you could do! I fitted a turbo to mine to compensate for the colour  s:) :) s:)

Jason
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

chalced

Quick word of warning if you decide to go for the JDL skirts....
There a sod to fit!!
And need a lot of cutting and prep work before they go on the car.
Nuff said...lol

Mel.

markiii

Quote from: "Andy_Foz"Bought a genuine front TRD splitter for £25 (!) and a rear bumper with a genuine TRD rear splitter (slightly more expensive but still a complete bargain!).

no you didn't thats not a TRD splitter

a) it's not a splitter
b) it's not trd

other than that well done  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"
Quote from: "Andy_Foz"Bought a genuine front TRD splitter for £25 (!) and a rear bumper with a genuine TRD rear splitter (slightly more expensive but still a complete bargain!).

a) it's not a splitter
b) it's not trd

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Ones parade has been rained on.

Andy_Foz

a) it's not a splitter
b) it's not trd

Apologies, genuine Toyota then. I would call it a splitter. If you call it an apron/bumper trim etc etc, it doesnt really matter, does it?! People like you really dont do this site many favours, buddy. Its cliquey enough as it is.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Andy

Anonymous

Quote from: "Andy_Foz"

a) it's not a splitter
b) it's not trd

People like you really dont do this site many favours, buddy. Its cliquey enough as it is.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Andy

Pmsl at that comment, yes Andy Markiii has done this site no favours at all.  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

If you post incorrect info and get that corrected for the benifit of others, grin, learn and above all, keep the toys in the pram.

Andy_Foz

Quote from: "nelix"
Quote from: "Andy_Foz"
Quote from: "markiii"no you didn't thats not a TRD splitter

a) it's not a splitter
b) it's not trd

People like you really dont do this site many favours, buddy. Its cliquey enough as it is.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Andy

Pmsl at that comment, yes Andy Markiii has done this site no favours at all.  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

If you post incorrect info and get that corrected for the benifit of others, grin, learn and above all, keep the toys in the pram.

Hey im cool, chap. My toys are well and truly static within my pram. Just been on lots of car forums for some time and like to think I have the manners to put across something constructive without being blatently rude. I know Mark is one of the 'cool kids' and I know he is incredibly knowledgable about these cars, but I dont think that excuses bad manners towards newbies. Clubs do need fresh new people too and comments like that only scare off people from posting. Im not here to ruffle feathers. I admit I know NOTHING about these cars (as evidently proven.. just going on what Im told!). Hope you can at least see my point, Nelix.

Andy

Andy_Foz

Quote from: "chalced"Quick word of warning if you decide to go for the JDL skirts....
There a sod to fit!!
And need a lot of cutting and prep work before they go on the car.
Nuff said...lol

Mel.

Thank you for the warning, Chalced. Im quite seasoned with bodykit fitting and have read your thread with much interest so feel adequately qualified for the install. I noted that your skirts dont seem drastically lower than the ones you had on previously, so Im hoping they will flow quite nicely with the other bodykit pieces I have already got.

Andy

Anonymous

Mark simply corrected you Andy, you made the personal attack, which is not good forum manners. However, you took the banter in good faith and responded well  s:D :D s:D  
If you want a laugh pm Mark and ask him what i said to him the first time i met him  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

markiii

yeah should have just let teh misinformation stand, that would be really useful  s:flame: :flame: s:flame:  

you can call it a pink umbrella if it makes you feel better it still wouldn't be factual though, I could just let it stand and make you feel better, would it make teh person who buys the wrong thing when looking for what your post implies is a TRD splitter because they like your pic feel better? probably not.

and Craig the question is were you right or wrong?  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"and Craig the question is were you right or wrong?  :-) :-) :-)

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Jury is still out mate, but i expect you to be aquitted any day now.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

WillsSayers

I blame the smileys personally. The  s:D :D s:D  face looks far too smug!...

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::
Chassis: :: Front and Rear Strut Brace :: C-One Front and Rear Anti-roll Bar ::

Andy_Foz

s:D :D s:D  Damn those yellow faces! Markiii, dont worry, fella. You came across (to me, at least) as a bit of a know it all and it was probably my time of the month or something. Didnt mean to sound like I was getting all mentally erect.

For information, Ive bought a set of JDL sideskirts. Should be with me by the weekend. Looking forward to fitting everything. Its been a good year or two since ive fitted and sprayed a kit, so will make a nice change. Dont expect it done anytime soon, though... Im currently rebuilding a crash/damaged R6 and tiling my bathroom, fitting a toilet,sink, radiator etc and Claire (my much much better half) insists that this takes priority over the car and bike.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  Aiming to have it all fitted and painted by the end of the year. Kinda considering a ducktail spoiler as well whilst Im there. Going to keep scouring flEaBay for a bargain on that, too!

Andy

Andy_Foz

The rear bumper apron turned up today. Its in pretty good condition paint wise. My rear bumper is in better condition though, so will be cutting the apron off and bonding it to my existing bumper. As long as it comes off easily enough, it should be less hassle than changing the bumper. Should look quite a lot lower than how it is now at the back.    s:o :o s:o   This has confirmed to me even more that the sideskirts I have on order will fit in with the rest of the pieces really well.

Andy

markiii

actually swapping teh bumper is a 30 min job if teh new ones in good enough nick

Anonymous

You could also get the face lift rear grille inserts as well and do that first.

Andy_Foz

Quote from: "markiii"actually swapping the bumper is a 30 min job if the new ones in good enough nick

Thanks, Mark. Thats good to know.

Well, my bumper doesnt need painting and the new one does. The apron doesnt look like it needs painting either, so it would need some paint if I were to swap the whole thing over. But then, the skirts and front bumper splitter/apron (!) will need painting so whilst the paint is mixed and the car is in the oven, it wouldnt be too much like hardwork I guess.

Did consider changing the whole bumper. Looked at the holes from the new one and it does looks quite straightforward. Thats reassuring its only a half hour job. Will have to have a think as to what would be best!

Nelix, Im not actually sure if I prefer the later spec'd rear bumper inserts... They look nice and all but I quite like the ones I have and I feel I would just be changing them for the sake of it. In the long term Im quite keen to get a dual exhaust exiting from each side of the numberplate and I think this would need the early spec'd rear inserts for it to work. Thank you for the suggestion though, bud.

Andy

StuM

Quote from: "Andy_Foz"In the long term I'm quite keen to get a dual exhaust exiting from each side of the numberplate and I think this would need the early spec'd rear inserts for it to work.

Looks good.
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

Andy_Foz

Quote from: "StuM"
Quote from: "Andy_Foz"In the long term I'm quite keen to get a dual exhaust exiting from each side of the numberplate and I think this would need the early spec'd rear inserts for it to work.

Looks good.

Exactly that! Seen it on a black car before, but not a blue one so grateful for that picture. I think that looks fantastic (spoiler removed anyway!).

Andy

Anonymous

Abflug translates to take off. Seriously though, and I know I could search and I know it's to do with the lighting, but how do get that shine?

northernalex

Quote from: "StuM"

Looks good.

Shout at me if I'm wrong but if you want to do this then I'm sure that you'd have to cut the rear crash bar which wouldnt do much for yoru safety or insurance.
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Andy_Foz

Yep, I anticipate that will need modifying but where theres a will and all that...!

Andy

Tags: