Bodykit time... got a few bits to throw on!

Started by Andy_Foz, November 2, 2008, 15:55

uktotty

You will need to remove the rear crash bar but Custard and I were discusing this, with the Amuse rear bar type arrangement you would be able to get strength and room for the pipes.
Maybe Rob can show you what he's making for this purpose?

StuM

Quote from: "sandstrain"I know it's to do with the lighting, but how do get that shine?

Dodo Juice   s:D :D s:D  

Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

Andy_Foz

Quote from: "uktotty"You will need to remove the rear crash bar but Custard and I were discusing this, with the Amuse rear bar type arrangement you would be able to get strength and room for the pipes.
Maybe Rob can show you what he's making for this purpose?

Thats very useful, thank you buddy. That stage wont be til next year as I want to concentrate on the R6 over the winter months.

Andy

carl_evs

If your as handy with a sprayer as your posts suggest then you could always spray the pre facelift rear inserts for something different.

When i was looking at what to do with them i didnt much like the facelift versions either so what i did was remove them - cut out the recessed bits of plastic - smoothed down the rough edges - meshed the back and then colour coded it to the car. It definately improved the look in my opinion and is something unique. Don't have any piccies on here but am taking a few of something for a guy over on SC this weekend so can always get one or two more to show you what I mean.
2nd Place - Northern Treasure Hunt

\'52 Lagoon Blue SMT - Likwidart graphics - quite a bit of other stuff...most homemade!!

Quote from: \"nelix\"Sold him my knob, fast payment, thanks

ad_car_08

Quote from: "StuM"
Quote from: "Andy_Foz"In the long term I'm quite keen to get a dual exhaust exiting from each side of the numberplate and I think this would need the early spec'd rear inserts for it to work.

Looks good.

Tut! I wanted to do that!
Except I wanted to have two pipes coming out the centre (Where it says Abflug) and relocate the numberplate to somewhere else....where I'm not sure!

Didn't realise about the crash bar issue though   s:? :? s:?
[size=85]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster - Track toy
Honda Civic EX 1.0T - Company Car
[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "StuM"
Quote from: "sandstrain"I know it's to do with the lighting, but how do get that shine?

Dodo Juice   s:D :D s:D  

Thanks for the link (great shine by the way   s:D :D s:D  )

Andy_Foz

Bit of an update today. Nothing fitted yet though! Gave the front splitter and the rear bumper to a local bodyshop to paint this afternoon. Should have them back by the weekend. Will fit them hopefully on Sunday if I get the time.

And just heard a feint knock at the door.... and it was my sideskirts! Well, technically, the knock was the courier bringing the sideskirts, but you know what I mean!... Really happy with them. The contours look great in the flesh, so to speak. Think I made the right choice. The fitment wasnt as bad as I thought (no pics as its too dark) but will try to take some at the weekend.

Andy

StuM

Looking good Andy, look forward to seeing these bits together on the car.

Stu
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

Andy_Foz

Got my rear bumper and front splitter back from my local bodyshop today. Must say, they have done an awesome job. The colour looks really nice in the flesh. Really will need to give my car a full on polish and hope it vaguely resembles these fresh new mint panels!

Hope to fit them on Sunday, but its going to be quite a busy weekend so will have to wait and see! Next step after that will be fitting the skirts and getting them sprayed up then that will be the visual change completed for now!

Andy

markiii

do not clean those new panels for a month

and yes it looks liek they have done a cracking job  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Andy_Foz

Quote from: "markiii"do not clean those new panels for a month

and yes it looks liek they have done a cracking job  :-) :-) :-)

Thanks, bud. They have been proper baked off. Never heard of not cleaning a panel for a month before though? Why do you say that? I normally give them a couple of days to harden to be on the safe side. Ive painted panels myself before and never had a problem with washing them soon after with no repurcussions.

Just looking forward to getting them all on now! Got them to remove the Roadster badges. Cant decide between leaving it badgeless altogether or just puting my MR-S one back on (which I quite like).

Andy

markiii

might be an old wives tale, tbh but based the quality of teh paint on my old TTE bumper I'd beleive it  :-) :-) :-)  I thought Toyota paint was thin
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Andy_Foz

My plans were somewhat thwarted today. Went on the hunt for some polyurethane bonding agent (Tiger seal etc) but couldnt find any ANYWHERE! Tried Screwfix, Homebase EVEN Halfords! Never mind, will have to get some in the week and perhaps have a go next weekend.

I did put the rear bumper on though. Was only 45 minutes off and the new one on, so no time at all. Very happy with it.

Here are a few pics of removing the old one and putting the new one on.

Andy

Lights out

Bumper off!

Bumper on

Lights on!

Few better angles

Ilogik

looking much better, when you fitting the skirts?
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

Andy_Foz

Quote from: "Ilogik"looking much better, when you fitting the skirts?

As said buddy, hopefully next weekend if I get the chance to get to a proper autmotive supplier and get a polyurethane bonding agent during the week. Oh, and a dry day for once in this crappy country's existence!!!

Andy

Andy_Foz

Decided to make the most of my morning before my late shift at work. Got round to fitting one of the sideskirts. From the reports I had heard, I was expecting it to be a bit of a bitch to fit, but it was fine. Door sills needed a bit of persuasion (in the form of about 5 huge self tappers!!!) but its all on where I want it now.

It has been bonded with a PU adhesive (screwed into situ to hold it for a day til the PU takes) and injected with expanding foam to give it a little more rigidity and to take the stress of the PU.

Heres a couple of pics. I think one the front is on, it should look pretty nice. Im happy with the back higher than the sideskirt (I knew this was going to happen) as I like that look. If the front doesnt level with the skirts, I will make an additional splitter to bolt on underneath that so it doesnt look at all different stages! Should give it quite a mean stance I think.

Andy

And my helping hand!...   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

WillsSayers

Hate to tell you this mate, but it's the wrong colour!  s:( :( s:(

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::
Chassis: :: Front and Rear Strut Brace :: C-One Front and Rear Anti-roll Bar ::

Andy_Foz

Quote from: "WillsSayers"Hate to tell you this mate, but it's the wrong colour!  s:( :( s:(

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

D'oh!!!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   I knew I had forgot something! Thanks for pointing it out, mate. I would have looked so stupid otherwise!

Andy

WillsSayers

It's ok man, I like to think this place is more than just a community. I think if we all look after each other, we can form a beautiful circle of friends, and really make a difference to each other...

s;) ;) s;)

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::
Chassis: :: Front and Rear Strut Brace :: C-One Front and Rear Anti-roll Bar ::

Andy_Foz

Found a UK dealer who actually had the bumper in stock that I was after?! Was really shocked as I had called so many places that I thought might have it but with no luck.

Yesterday though was a different story... called Alan at Pow-R and he came up trumps! Picked it up this morning. I think its going to go really well with the skirts. Cant wait to put it all together now!

Couple of pictures of my bumper and one of it on the Top Secret car (its a Top Secret replica bumper for those that werent sure) to give you an idea of what it looks like in situ. Its as close to as blatent a rip off as you could get to a Porsche bumper, but then so is the car to an extent! I think with the colour of the car, it should look quite sleek.

Andy

TO-OLD

Hey its all looking good,love the bumper  can you supply any details-price-where you got it from etc..

Anonymous

Quote from: "Andy_Foz"Found a UK dealer who actually had the bumper in stock that I was after?! Was really shocked as I had called so many places that I thought might have it but with no luck.

Yesterday though was a different story... called Alan at Pow-R and he came up trumps! Picked it up this morning. I think its going to go really well with the skirts. Cant wait to put it all together now!

Couple of pictures of my bumper and one of it on the Top Secret car (its a Top Secret replica bumper for those that werent sure) to give you an idea of what it looks like in situ. Its as close to as blatent a rip off as you could get to a Porsche bumper, but then so is the car to an extent! I think with the colour of the car, it should look quite sleek.

Andy

How much was that bumper ?? It's really nice!!!
Does that shop have eshop online ?

Anonymous

Like the front bumper but the idea of the  exhausts coming out of the bumper (last page)looks a bit MGish to me.

custardavenger

Seams I'm late again. Now all you lot trying to pinch my idea or exiting the exhausts through the rear grill. Stop it, stop it now or I'll be upset. lol

I actually ditched this idea when I started pricing up the exhaust (£1000+)
The rear crash bar is in the way. you have two choices

1) Modify the original bar where the tail pipes will come. (what I think abflug did) It would need doing properly to keep the strength in the beam

2) Custom beam, I'm currently making one mainly for me to increase airflow now.

I don't believe the amuse bar would be any different than the stock one on clearance.

Now I have finished with you, You may go!
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

TO-OLD

lol  so any info on front bumper

Tags: