Bodykit time... got a few bits to throw on!

Started by Andy_Foz, November 2, 2008, 15:55

Andy_Foz

Quote from: "TO-OLD"lol  so any info on front bumper

As I said above, bud. Pow-R were the suppliers.

m http://pow-r.co.uk/scripts/prodList.asp m

Search for 'MRS' and it should be the second option. Hope that helps.

Andy

TO-OLD

Cheers  i was typing in mr2   does it go straight on?what the lines like

Andy_Foz

I havent fitted it yet. Was raining today so spent the whole day grouting my bathroom instead (one of the endless list of jobs I want to get done before Christmas).

When I get it fitted, I will put some pics up and let you know what the fitment was like. Should have it on by next weekend at the latest.

Andy

Andy_Foz

Had a barney with the missus this evening so thought id put on my bike thermal undergear and go take the old bumper off in the pitch black with nothing more than the car's headlights (which offer fuck all vision in to the wheel arch liners funnily enough!   s:D :D s:D  ).

Easiest car ever to take apart! I think it was based on a mechano kit! 10mm socket and a phillips and i think you could dismantle the whole thing! lol

Anyway, was desperate to see what my new pride and joy would look like so I offered it up. Never been so happy with an aftermarket bumper. Its made the biggest transformation ever. Really looks like a totally different car IMO.

I know it all needs tightening up but thats a job for the daylight tomorrow. Here are a couple of pics for those that are interested and cant wait that long!

Andy

TO-OLD

hey from what i can see looks good  leave it on and take some in the morning

Anonymous

Bloody women,they never let you play with your toys!!

P.s.get a russian bride,they would probably hold the torch for you!!!!

evileye_wrx

That front end looks good. Might fancy that myself at some point. Looking forward to seeing the finished article

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

T17LUN

Looking good mate,

Also looks awfully familiar  s:) :) s:)

T

TO-OLD

Is there anything you can do to reduce the front end gap(bumper-bonnet)?

Andy_Foz

Quote from: "TO-OLD"Is there anything you can do to reduce the front end gap(bumper-bonnet)?

Yes, you can fit it properly.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Was back out there this morning. Got the other sideskirt on and finished off the front bumper. I must say, it was the easiest bumper Ive ever fitted. It took me all of a combined 30 minutes to remove the original and fit the aftermarket one. Everything lined up exactly as you would expect an OEM bumper to. Most impressed. Top marks to Pow-R.

Cant decide where to put the numberplate. What do you all think? To the side a lá Evo  (Its actually pretty level where it is, but because of the curves of the bumper, its looks a bit pissed!) or bang in the middle? I tried it there first but it looked a bit like a baby with its first tooth.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Anyway, some better pics. Will be priming it most probably at the weekend.

Andy

markiii

looking good, but I'd ditch that plate and get a Uk one or even better get a 3/4 plate
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

StuM

Quote from: "markiii"looking good, but I'd ditch that plate and get a Uk one or even better get a 3/4 plate

+1

Looking great Andy
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

Andy_Foz

Dude, thats awesome!!! Thanks for knocking that up, Stu! Really impressed with that! Okay, im convinced. Think it will help it look a bit classier with that sized plate and in the middle. Especially in the lagoon blue with i think looks quite a prestigious colour compared to reds, yellows etc.

Andy

Ilogik

That has turned out wicked matey! Get some more pics up, whats your clearance like over speed bumps?
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

Andy_Foz

Just to ressurect a bit of an old thread, Im finally getting the time to paint my bumper and skirts on Saturday morning (friend owns a bodyshop was is kind enough to let me use his oven on a Saturday morning!!). Will post up some pictures in the evening to show everyone the end result.

Andy

uktotty

I am guessing this has gone now, what with the new stealth black one?

Anonymous

Nah he just got carried away in the oven on the Saturday.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Andy_Foz

Quote from: "uktotty"I am guessing this has gone now, what with the new stealth black one?

Yes mate. Over Christmas 2008, the roof got slashed which really demotivated me with keeping the car, so I painted it and sold it on for cheap.

Andy

Tags: