Painting brake calipers

Started by Anonymous, January 23, 2004, 20:13

Anonymous

Quote from: "odub"Right,

toyota are changing my alloys next week so might leave it untill after that (Do you reckon they'll complain about the painted calipers ffecting my warrenty?).

Mr T happily (well almost) changed my wheels after the calipers had been painted. They know that the wheels are a problem & that can't be attributed to DRY paint that doesn't actually touch the wheel.

I would recommend removing the calipers in order to paint them - unless you have a really steady hand. You don't want to spoil your pride & joy by doing a cr@p job & getting paint where it shouldn't be.

Anonymous

I was feeling particularly brave  the day I did mine, so I left both the calipers and wheels on.   s8) 8) s8)  

TBH, it's not that difficult. I'm rubbish at painting, but even I would consider it an easy job painting them. The hardest part was making sure I didn't knock the tin of paint, and spill it all over my drive!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

righto, first next bit of decent weather then.

leave the calipers on, i'll mask off the discs i think though.

Anonymous

Quote from: "odub"leave the calipers on, i'll mask off the discs i think though.

I didn't even bother doing that: as long as the day you pick isn't obscenely windy, the 'snot trails' from the paint aren't even a major problem. I had a couple of drips onto the discs, but it came off straight away without leaving any marks at all.

Tags: