New wheels ... and a few problems with the supplier

Started by Anonymous, November 1, 2008, 21:50

Anonymous

Quote from: "northernalex"
Quote from: "markiii"don;t put 235 tyres on a 7 inch rim

Blackcircles didnt do the 225s

I'll shut up now  s:) :) s:)

Good job Alex!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Black circles have lot's but no 225/35's only 225's 45 ?

Are these ok and will they catch the arches do you reakon/

muffdan

45's are going to be too big.

Jason
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"185/55-15         4.0in  11.5in    23.0in         72.3in        876        0.0%
205/40-17         3.2in  11.7in    23.5in         73.7in        860        1.9%
195/45-17         3.5in  12.0in    23.9in         75.1in        844        3.9%
195/40-17         3.1in  11.6in    23.1in         72.7in        872        0.6%

now can you get 195/40/17?

which would leave 215/40/17 as a good choice for the rear

s:D :D s:D  Clever chappie that Markii!!!!! he knows his stuff... thanks for taking the time to sort that out. I've been trying to add things up all day but only got so many fingers & toes   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Thanks lots-i will see about those

northernalex

We all want beers now Cj  s:) :) s:)   s:) :) s:)
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Anonymous

Quote from: "northernalex"We all want beers now Cj  s:) :) s:)   s:) :) s:)

Here ya go Alex...nice cold beer for you then and a bag o peanuts   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

Anonymous

Yokohama s.drive 225/35 R17 86Y XL AS01, RPB, Rear axle     £ 102.70    2     £ 205.40
Yokohama s.drive 205/40 R17 84W RF AS01, RPB    £ 108.50    2    £ 217.00
Total amount    4    £ 422.40

Would these be any good?

markiii

not the ultimate performance tyre but should do nicely  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

s:) :) s:)

northernalex

Ok this thread has gone all squffy and half broken into two but not quite.. Own up  s:) :) s:)
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Wabbitkilla

[MOD] Guilty - you caught me mid-editing. Topic split for relevance, as this has now turned into wheels and tyres rather than Lambo doors [/MOD]

Aaaanyway, I'm glad you're sticking to your guns with these jokers, considering the time of year, does Mr Foulkes  have a brother called Guy perchance?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   Sorry.

Very nice pictures of the car, and i do like those wheels.
For reference we see this on occassion, places that are just selling wheels in packs of 4 assume all cars are the same - one size fits all attitude (as displayed by current management at my business). But you see they're not now are they! Would they do the same to a Lotus Elise? I think not! Fore-warned is fore-armed and research on here could have shown that, but this thread has highlighted the problem for any future new comers to see well enough should they look.

You've recieved very good advice from experienced owners and pre-owners on here and you're following it well.
Mr Foulkes needs to fix this asap at no cost to yourself - delays in finding alternative tyres is just his way of stretching it out until you give up and go away. So keep up the pressure, he put himself and his company in the position to recieve the stress and it would be easier for him just to put it right.

A message for anyone else, learn from this experience - specify they tyres you want and the sizes you want and make sure they deliver what you - the customer - want. Don't be fobbed off with "we know what we're doing", we've seen time and again that these people don't know what they're doing. From tyres to replacement rear windows.

Good luck CJ - I'm with you all the way.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"[MOD] Guilty - you caught me mid-editing. Topic split for relevance, as this has now turned into wheels and tyres rather than Lambo doors [/MOD]

Aaaanyway, I'm glad you're sticking to your guns with these jokers, considering the time of year, does Mr Foulkes  have a brother called Guy perchance?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   Sorry.

Very nice pictures of the car, and i do like those wheels.
For reference we see this on occassion, places that are just selling wheels in packs of 4 assume all cars are the same - one size fits all attitude (as displayed by current management at my business). But you see they're not now are they! Would they do the same to a Lotus Elise? I think not! Fore-warned is fore-armed and research on here could have shown that, but this thread has highlighted the problem for any future new comers to see well enough should they look.

You've recieved very good advice from experienced owners and pre-owners on here and you're following it well.
Mr Foulkes needs to fix this asap at no cost to yourself - delays in finding alternative tyres is just his way of stretching it out until you give up and go away. So keep up the pressure, he put himself and his company in the position to recieve the stress and it would be easier for him just to put it right.

A message for anyone else, learn from this experience - specify they tyres you want and the sizes you want and make sure they deliver what you - the customer - want. Don't be fobbed off with "we know what we're doing", we've seen time and again that these people don't know what they're doing. From tyres to replacement rear windows.

Good luck CJ - I'm with you all the way.

Thankyou Wabbitkiller   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  

Hi again,

Those Yokohama's have a different tread pattern front & rears, so i have cancelled the order and have had to have Faulkens(FK452) in the same size etc. Demon Tweeks have sorted me out, i should get them Thursday.

Btw, That 'mytyre' company sent me an email to ask me to fax my gas /electricity bill to them,felt this alittle strange and i objected to them having so much of my personal information, so did'nt re-order with them.

Cj

markiii

hmm never had that issue with mytyres before
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"hmm never had that issue with mytyres before

Apparently they have had some issues with fraud.

We refer to your tyre order RD5586247 dated 04.11.2008 01:05. Because of data security rules we

need a proof of identity from our customers to ensure a high level of fraud prevention. So, please

fax your last electricity bill / gas bill for address confirmation purposes to the following fax

number: 01212103330

We will process your order immediately after confirmation.

Please note: If we do not receive a confirmation within 5 days we can only process your order if

you transfer the outstanding amount to our account. In this case, we will send you another email

with the bank details.

Please inform us if you still wish to continue with this order.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Anonymous

Sit back on your seats ppl ! brace yourselfs!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Jeff Foukes have offered me a ....wait for it   s8) 8) s8)  (FULL REFUND) I should think so too! I'm to take the whees back to him along with my old wheels, he will put them back on for me.

Now i'm back to square one,a new set of wheels, sizes etc...

markiii

are teh falken tyres still on teh way?

Anonymous

OZ do'nt apparently do a wider wheel for the rear to accomodate a 245 tyre.

Team dynamics pro race 1.2 have:
7.5  or 8 wheel for wheels 245/35/17 toyo T1r tyres? (rear) (would need to wait 2 weeks for the 8's)
7    wheel for wheels 205/40/17 Toyo T1r tyres? (front)

Is this a good?
Cj

markiii

if it were me I'd go to SP and get teh full set with proper offsets and tyres to fit

if it were me

Anonymous

No Markiii Demon Tweeks have cancelled them and are priceing new wheels & tyres for me.

markiii

well SPs are custome sized Team Dynamics 1.2 wheels

soI'd go with them, Matt knows what he's doing

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"if it were me I'd go to SP and get the full set with proper offsets and tyres to fit

if it were me

s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   embarrased now... whats the sp and proper ofset..   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"well SPs are custome sized Team Dynamics 1.2 wheels

Whos Matt? or is that a sp wheel design?

Wabbitkilla

Well a positive and a negative - nice wheels gone, but all you're money back.  s:? :? s:?  

However you have learned from the experience.

For me, I would take what he's giving and then work out what wheels i want, and what tyres to go with them and find someone who will supply them the way i want. Then talk to them or go see them to make sure that you're getting what you want.

I do like those wheens, they really suit the car - so don't give up entirely eh? - If that's what you really want.

In the words of Wayne "It Shall Be Mine"
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

markiii

SP is Silverstone Performance

m http://www.silverstoneperformance.co.uk/ m

They do their own wheels

offset is where teh hub of the wheel is relative to teh width of it, i.e how far is teh centre offset from teh centre line. Get that wrong and they will either rub or drive crap

SPs are proven to work and are run by quite a few people on here, the rears are wide enough to allow 245 tyres as well to get the correct stagger

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"well SPs are custome sized Team Dynamics 1.2 wheels

Sorry to be a real pain in the rear...but are the Sp's Team dynamics PRO race 1.2's ?

Matt is the man to talk to at silverstone performance.

PS: i'm not a blonde btw   s8) 8) s8)

markiii

yeah Matt runs SP and there wheels are made to his spec by TD and are teh 1.2 multispoke style

Tags: