Who wants to buy leather seats

Started by markiii, January 24, 2004, 09:27

markiii

don't waste the leather ones. Do a trade with someone who wants them and cut up their cloth ones.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Comer

If you do want to sell / swap etc then please let me know.  I currently have black cloth and am looking for black leather.
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Liz

I got in touch with chromdesign yesterday - sent them an email, in the €299 selection - the ones shown in yellow and black, they only have left for that price are grey and black or green and black covers. I was gutted as I wanted Red and black ones, have e-mailed to see if they do them and what price if not on special offer and will post back if I get an answer. Their English is definitely better than my German!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

MR2Blue

I also emailed chromdesign on the 18th, got the same reply, P&P to UK 20.88 euros, I wanted black/blue, out of stock, so I'll probably go for the black/grey, thats if I get enough money from my wife and kiddiewinks for my birthday  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  .

Liz

I emailed again, I am determined to get these...cost for Red and Black is €613 + €20 postage - works out at about £422.00 for both seats, just got a backdated for 6 months payrise, nice lump sum next payday and I am going to spend it!!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "MR2Blue"I also emailed chromdesign on the 18th, got the same reply, P&P to UK 20.88 euros, I wanted black/blue, out of stock, so I'll probably go for the black/grey, thats if I get enough money from my wife and kiddiewinks for my birthday  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  .

I got the last ones in Black/Blue from the "special offer" short before X-Mas...........    s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  .....but you can see here how they look like   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

MR2Blue

Eifel-roadster, really pleased for you, glad you got them and showed me how they look.  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

MR2Blue  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "MR2Blue"Eifel-roadster, really pleased for you, glad you got them and showed me how they look.  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

MR2Blue  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

with pleasure...........   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Liz

Ordered mine now with Red/Red, hoping that they are nice and loud!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Liz"Ordered mine now with Red/Red, hoping that they are nice and loud!!

Yay! Huggy Bear style!!  I like   s:D :D s:D  

Just kidding - I like red leather too   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    Be sure to post lots of pictures once you have them fitted...!

Sundance   s8) 8) s8)

Liz

I will post pictures, think that I will let a professional do them though, they can sort out the trim on the side panels as well, don't want to pay out for the covers and then balls them up!

As for huggy bear ...I did toy with the idea of faux pony skin, or del boy leopard style..for a nano second!

Liz

Well my covers arrived yesterday - just got to figure out how to put them on now...have looked at the link above with instructions but decided that maybe this looks complicated, but after being quoted £225.00 to fit by a vehicle refinishers near to me I may give it a go myself, or ask Mr T how much they would charge.  Whilst saying this - does anyone know how the side panels with the material in where the door handle is come out, please don't tell me I got to take the bloody panels off!

Darth Paul

Quote from: "Liz"Well my covers arrived yesterday - just got to figure out how to put them on now...have looked at the link above with instructions but decided that maybe this looks complicated, but after being quoted £225.00 to fit by a vehicle refinishers near to me I may give it a go myself, or ask Mr T how much they would charge.  Whilst saying this - does anyone know how the side panels with the material in where the door handle is come out, please don't tell me I got to take the bloody panels off!

The door panels where the fabric is don't actually come off – they're integral to the door card.  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  Crap design eh?

This is what my upholsterer told me:
You don't necessarily have to remove the fabric... up to you.
Cut the leather to fit the door panels with a little extra (20mm or so) around the edges. Remove the door release surround. Cut the hole in the leather where the door release is (again cut the hole smaller than the door release so there is a little extra).

Then using strong spray adhesive spray the back of the leather. Lots. Stick leather onto door, and using a (Fimo?) plastic tool, push the leather into the groove that runs around the panel until it's all neat and tidy. With a craft knife carefully cut the leather where the door release hole is to make it fit into the recess. Smooth down everywhere and refit door release surround. Clean plastic with white spirit as some of the adhesive will have come off onto the door. Admire your handiwork.

DP

Liz

Cheers Paul  s:) :) s:)  

Tem, I shall do my best to get the fabric off in one bit for you mate!

And loadsawine will take great care with the drivers seat back for you.

loadswine

s:D :D s:D  Thanks Liz! I appreciate that. What do your new covers look like? Are they as bold as you had hoped? I'm sure if you take your time and do it methodically, the covers will go on fine.
Nigel
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Liz

Not done it yet, just been searching for info on how to take the seats out and found that so if hubby is not too tired when he gets in from work I might get him to give me a hand and try to get them on. They are not a bold a red as I thought, but they are extremely well made and I can[t wait to get them on.  Only little gripe I have is that on the side panels for the doors they have put two lines of red stitching down them, got to just live with that I suppose. I only asked them to provide the leather though and they sent them cut into shape already and with the door release marked on them ready to cut out which was nice. Great service from them and I would recommend them on what I have seen so far.

It was just the drivers back part of the seat you wanted wasn't it?

Just had a though on Tems if I can't get the fabric off of the side panels then I will have loads of fabric over on the back of the passengers seat....doh!!!

Liz

Ok, sod that, its going to a pro to get done!!  Got the seats out and covers off but they are going to need a professional to get them sitting right and those little bars and rings that hold them to the seats, I was well confused and not willing to risk ruining the leather, hopefully get them done soon!

Tem

Quote from: "Liz"Just had a though on Tems if I can't get the fabric off of the side panels then I will have loads of fabric over on the back of the passengers seat....doh!!!

The back is black "vinylish" stuff  s;) ;) s;)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Slacey

Quote from: "Liz"Ok, sod that, its going to a pro to get done!!  Got the seats out and covers off but they are going to need a professional to get them sitting right and those little bars and rings that hold them to the seats, I was well confused and not willing to risk ruining the leather, hopefully get them done soon!
Liz, why not bring them to the BBQ?

Myself, Steve, Mark, Roadsterman and others will be there, I'm sure between us we could get it sorted without you having to pay  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Liz

Quote from: "Slacey"Liz, why not bring them to the BBQ?

Myself, Steve, Mark, Roadsterman and others will be there, I'm sure between us we could get it sorted without you having to pay  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Thats a really lovely offer but I would feel awful if I done that its your BBQ not a a fitting party, whats more I think that I am going to have to pick up a few bits and pieces to assist with fitting them, cable ties etc..  Firstly the toyota fabric seats have got a piece of plastic which is sewn to the bottom of them and it clips underneath the seat to hold them down, the seat covers don't have anything like that. Secondly when I have looked at the links above about fitting them it looks as though a bar has been sewn into the bottom and used to tie back with cable ties at the front and it looks as though it has been riveted at the back of the seat  s:?: :?: s:?:  . The lack of instructions is a bit frustrating to say the least. If the others are willing to give it a go then fine...I have also got some Chromdesign grills for fitting as well, oh and there's the TRD Member braces... I do jest honest!!  s:D :D s:D  

Simon and I are both looking forward to seeing you all at Seans

Slacey

Bring them (and the grills) along, it wouldn't be a meet without some modding going on. At worst, if no-one can work out the covers, then you can pay to have them fitted!

Liz

Ok then, thanks guys, I shall bring copious amounts of beer for you all!!
Any preferences??

markiii

Kozel 12
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Slacey

Quote from: "markiii"Kozel 12
What the hell is that? Never heard of it... and what's wrong with Stella, anyway?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

markiii

chezch dark beer

tastes like it's made from molasses or unsweetened dark treacle.

sounds disgusting but is actually gorgeous, I could drink it all day liek pop.

best beer I ever had  :-) :-) :-)

Tags: