Potentially Written Off

Started by Anonymous, February 27, 2009, 13:14

northernalex

Quote from: "sandstrain"The issue is what's behind the wheel damage; take the money and run.

+1 but make sure you go through dealer adverts and show them the maximum possible numbers you get and remember the car was in showroom condition before it was crashed (from what I could see on the images you showed).

Insurance companies will always say that there is chance they will repair it, as they don't want to be committal.
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Anonymous

aw mate thats unlucky and just after u've had ur roof done at least ur ok yourself though, if thats what they have quoted u then i dont see much hope of them fixing it

E

Sorry to hear about this mate, that is one hell of a shopping list so I wouldn't be surprised if they do write it off, if they do, don't accept their first offer but do as Alex says go online search all the Toyota dealers, auto trader etc for all the highest prices cut them out and paste them in a polite letter explaining that you couldn't replace your car with lIke as prices are X Y Z. We did this some years back when some scrote nicked our 1st Shogun and their initial offer more than doubled so its well worth a go.

loadswine

Hope you get it sorted okay James. Sounds like a write off with a decent offer would be the best way for you now.
I didn't like the look of the rear either and a multitude of badness could be behind sorting just that bit, so if they give a clean break for you and the numbers are okay, that might be a result in the end.
You certainly haven't had the best couple of weeks with your car for sure.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

RacingSnake

First dibs on your side vents   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:   [/cruel heartless mode]   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

jonfy

Sorry to hear about your mishap it's a bummer i know .I wrote of my 2001 model last December and the insurance company settled at £4500 (rejected first offer ).Hope it helps, to at  least  know what an earlier model was valued at .

(2001, 53000 miles leather interior etc)
2003 Silver Hardtop with  Black Leather & Toyota body kit.
Added \":D\"e Cat, Toyo\'s-TTE lowering springs, KYB super sports shocks,TTE banana spoiler, Kenwood audio, uprated shifter bushings and heated mirrors.

Anonymous

Cheers guys, they confirmed today that its a total loss.

I jsut now have to find a fisher price headunit as i don;t want to have to leave mine behind, can anyone help?

If you can then please email me on mr2man2006"AT"hotmail.com as i lose my access on here shortly due to work blocking it. If admin feel the need to delete the above address can some one please keep me in the loop via email?

Thanking you kindly.

PS if i buy the car back then there will be LOTS of goodies available lol

NickNJ

A few years back i took stereo, hardtop, sub, amp and a few others item off my car without any problems, make sure you do it before the insurance sell it on.
Black MR2 Roadster

Anonymous

Well i went and grabbed the Headunit, Basslink and Amp...oh and took my number plates as well as a souvenir.

I'm gonna miss that car   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Anonymous

Well i spoke with Admiral today. They came to me with an offer of £5300 which seemed ok-ish.

Went back to them and settled on £5700

03 Plate
Silver
70k miles
TTE Exhaust
New Hood
4x New(ish) Eagle F1's
Leather
Toyota Chrome Interior Pack (rings and dials)
Toyota Carbon dash pods
TTE Roll Over Bar
Toyota Chrome exterior pack
Toyota spats front and rear
Stereo Removed

I was quite pleased with that and once again with the service received from admiral. Thumbs up to them.

What do you think about the final settlement figure?

uktotty

Sounds pretty low to me, a year ago 2000 models were going for this.
I got £5700 for a 1997 Saab cab which is how I bought the MR2
Would agree with the above posts tho, nick all the bits that are removableh before they crush it.

Anonymous

Thats actually quite decent considering the age and mileage especially since insurance companies dont actually take into account any additions i.e. exhausts, body kits etc into account when they do their evaluations (they are meant to and will say they have but its bs) nice work with that one u cud now go get a 04/05 model  s;) ;) s;)

Tags: