Could this be the new MR2????

Started by Acehole, April 15, 2009, 21:45

markiii

Quote from: "aaronjb"I'm pretty sure that's the only reason they make cars, though  s;) ;) s;)

not the reason we buy em though
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

kentsmudger

Old slogan - "The car in front is a Toyota!"

New slogan - "The car you are stuck behind is a Toyota!"

Over 28,000 Piouses sold in the UK alone - Hybrids (spit)
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

philster_d

I dont know how you can judge the performance of a car by the picture of it.

markiii

Quote from: "philster_d"I dont know how you can judge the performance of a car by the picture of it.

its not going to be a lightweight of ot has battery packs Fact!

Its not going to be simple, due to the electrics and hybrid drive, Fact!

it might be a hoot to drive but I wouldn;t by it because its not meting teh criteria
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Wabbitkilla

The MKii wasn't exactly a light car after all, it's just another flavour of the mid-engined two seater.

The MKii doesn't appeal to me, I will have to judge the next generation when i see and test drive (if it ever makes production). If it's heavier than the MKiii then i may just have to jump ship and get a Lotus (ok and old Lotus   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ), but I don't see me getting rid of my car anytime soon.

It's an interesting looking car - just not sure till i see it in the flesh and find out if it pushes my buttons.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

tequilla

It looks like I'll have to skip all even generations of MR2.
  • Toyota Yaris 1.0 1st gen. alias Hard Worker
  • Toyota MR2 Mark III (black magic) alias B*tch (new short block and many engine parts, new leather seats, new carpets, moded windshield, che\'s header, de-cated downpipe, TRD short shifter, TRD shift knob, Braille racing battery, Tanabe Sustek strut bars, MWR flywheel, JNZ SS brake lines (brake fluid Motul RBF600), darkday\'s frunksaver, dev\'s de-dimplator, minor weight reductions, etc.
  • Second sleeved 1.93l engine in progress for 2010 season...
  • Toyota FJ Cruiser alias my Dream

Ilogik

No no no this is hopefully the new one  s:) :) s:)

It it is indeed this one im starting to save now   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

philster_d

However much the looks seems to be to appeal to the subaru crew, I think the idea of a performance orientated hybrid could be quite interesting.

After all wouldnt it be a bit like the Kurs(sp?) system in f1 giving an extra boost recycled.

Also a little extra weight at the front couldnt hurt.

Dyn-Evo

Sorry, people...but I reckon Toyota have kinda "missed their window" by discontinuing the Mk3: they should at least have facelifted it again, but simply dropping it (and all their other respected sporty cars!) without anything to fill the market void is frankly not good business....?   s:? :? s:?  

The new MR2 is probably going to be.........

........a VW/Audi.!!!!!   s:D :D s:D  

m http://www.worldcarfans.com/10901131619 ... production m

.......spiritually, more like a "real" MR2....!?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Current: 2006 Toyota Corolla T-Sport COMPRESSOR 215hp, Silver, totally stock!
EX]V6[/color]  \":-)\"   )
Black Leather interior, "micro-lip" rear spoiler, Refurbed OEM 15" Pewter Metallics, Cobra Quad-Exit, HEL SS braided hoses, EBC pads, AEM DryFlow CAI.
Ex: "NightHawk" MR2 Mk1 4AG-ZE AE101 S/C conversion (170hp), water injection
Ex: MR2 Mk1b stock 4AGE

kentsmudger

Quote from: "Dyn-Evo"The new MR2 is probably going to be.........

........a VW/Audi.!!!!!   s:D :D s:D  

Exactly what I thought when I saw it - Why can VAG do this but Toyota can't. I the BlueSport comes to production, I can really see myself in one.
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

JudoKilli

Porsche are also releasing their own car based on the body that they're using for that car, or so the rumors said last year, kind of a baby Boxster - http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Secret-new-cars/Search-Results/Spyshots/Porsches-secret-new-baby-Boxster-356/

However, since then there have been various other articles playing this down.

Ilogik

Quote from: "JudoKilli"Porsche are also releasing their own car based on the body that they're using for that car, or so the rumors said last year, kind of a baby Boxster - http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Secret-new-cars/Search-Results/Spyshots/Porsches-secret-new-baby-Boxster-356/

However, since then there have been various other articles playing this down.

That porka is bloody horribe, the VW on the other hand looks the part, and it actually looks manly!

I could never buy that porsche given the choice due to it looking very similar to this.

EDIT* Can't find the model, they look a bit like the figaro ? Any idea its two seater small

kentsmudger

Daihatsu Copen?

JudoKilli

Quote from: "kentsmudger"Daihatsu Copen?

HAHA! I was thinking Fiat Barchetta a little as well!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Ilogik

Thats the one, not sure why I thought it was a nissan lol.

JudoKilli

Quote from: "Ilogik"

Thats the one, not sure why I thought it was a nissan lol.

Can kind of see why you thought it was the Figaro, they do look somewhat similar...

Also...

s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

Tags: