Car Fan controllers

Started by philster_d, July 4, 2009, 16:22

philster_d

Hi I have seen a few fan controllers that say they use the vehicles stock temp filter.

Does this mean you have to split off your sensor signal into 2? or would that affect the reading?

Instead of the stock sensor if you had a better guage (say defi bf water temp) I presume you could use that signal?

Thanks,
Phil

Tem

Quote from: "philster_d"Hi I have seen a few fan controllers that say they use the vehicles stock temp filter.

Does this mean you have to split off your sensor signal into 2? or would that affect the reading?

Instead of the stock sensor if you had a better guage (say defi bf water temp) I presume you could use that signal?

Yes, you wire the controller straight into the temp sensor. It shouldn't affect the reading at all, it's just a variable resistor, which can be read by multiple devices.

Gauges tend to output voltage. You can't use that on a device that assumes the sensor is a resistor. So better check that on the device you plan to buy.

Then again, external sensors with a housing are £10-20 and you can place it where it matters, in the hose coming to the radiator..
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

philster_d

Thanks Tem,

I got this.

m http://www.cimotorsports.net/motor-spor ... oller.html m

Philster

Tags: