Whats this plug for?

Started by GSB, February 13, 2004, 15:17

GSB

[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

markiii

I beleive, it's where the spotlights loom plugs in.

SilverMSD2?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Jap GT300

Nope that one is cruise control.  An option only available in the US.  The spot light plug is further down the loom!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Jap GT300"Nope that one is cruise control.

Anything we could plug into that for next to no money to give us CC?

GSB

Quote from: "markiii"SilverMSD2?

Nope, this is my car...
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Slacey

I think Mark was referring to the fact that Silver had retro-fitted foglights....
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Tem

Quote from: "Jap GT300"Nope that one is cruise control.  An option only available in the US.

Hmmmm...I'm kinda sure US doesn't have that option. Maybe in Japan? Or only for SMT in US?

I remember many were after one in SC before MWR released their cruise control.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

GSB

Quote from: "Slacey"I think Mark was referring to the fact that Silver had retro-fitted foglights....

Of course he was...

So spotlights or Cruise. Not for the SMT gearshift buttons and gear display perhaps?

filcee

Cruise is available for SMT in the US.  The "ebrochure" shows it as an option.  Click on the features pages when it opens to see the list of options.
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Anonymous

it is CC and dont cut any wires on it as it all feeds back to ECU and will give error readings

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"I beleive, it's where the spotlights loom plugs in.

SilverMSD2?

If my memory serves me correctly, this is the wrong shape for the fog lights connector. Sure my plug was a P shape. Never did find the right one & just had them wired in to the lighting circuit.

SteveJ

Quote from: "filcee"Cruise is available for SMT in the US.  The "ebrochure" shows it as an option.  Click on the features pages when it opens to see the list of options.

According to the US books, it is standard.

I wouldn't mind getting hold of the control unit for cruise - the only problem is the US don't have the 6 speed SMT yet, so I doubt the software has been updated yet  s:( :( s:(

mph

Quote from: "Buster"it is CC and dont cut any wires on it as it all feeds back to ECU and will give error readings
hmm... I wonder if that means the ECU already CC-enabled and all you need are the right buttons to plug in?
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

GSB

Quote from: "mph"
Quote from: "Buster"it is CC and dont cut any wires on it as it all feeds back to ECU and will give error readings
hmm... I wonder if that means the ECU already CC-enabled and all you need are the right buttons to plug in?

And the right actuator to control the throttle of course, but its definitely possible...

mph

SMT already has an electronic throttle actuator...
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Jap GT300

Different vehile but same concept.  On our Land Rover Discovery.  When I went to swap the fog lights from the UK one to the J-spec.  I noticed that all the branches from the loom were in place.  

I kept the original plugs and switches.  A very easy conversion.

Anonymous

So are you guys saying that there is a connector behind the dash for front spot lights,
i have fitted a 03 model front bumper and foges to my year 2000-2
i havent wired them up yet, ive got the switch, to be onest i fault
that there might not be anywireing for the light but if you guys know were to look let me now, and were the wireing is at the front were the lights go
I would be greatful

Thanks

Anonymous

Quote from: "maxum"So are you guys saying that there is a connector behind the dash for front spot lights,
i have fitted a 03 model front bumper and foges to my year 2000-2
i havent wired them up yet, ive got the switch, to be onest i fault
that there might not be anywireing for the light but if you guys know were to look let me now, and were the wireing is at the front were the lights go
I would be greatful

Thanks

No pre-wiring for the fog-lamps in the 2000 model, look at that link how to do the wiring on your own - not difficult but requires some enthusiasmn...:

s:arrow: :arrow: s:arrow:  Download Section-"Beleuchtungsumbau

<MOD> Changed pic to link due to size </MOD>

Here is the wiring diagram:http://www.my-mr2.de/albums/album97/Schaltplan_Umbau_MR2_auf_2003.jpg

Anonymous

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Thanks M8

I better get on with it then

Tags: