Fitting aftermarket DRL relay - help...

Started by Anonymous, September 6, 2009, 14:24

Anonymous

I live in Norway, and over here DRLs are mandatory. Don't ask... And being lazy, I would like to avoid having to turn the lights on every time I go for a drive.

I have bought a universal relay that should take care of it for me, but I have run into a small problem: I can't seem to find the proper cables to splice in to. I have read through the technical reference ( m http://dutch.northwestmr2.com/Toyota/mr2%20spyder/ m ), and I have found the wiring charts, but they don't make much sense to me. I don't feel comfortable rummaging about with my multimeter, in case I should inadvertently set of an airbag or two.  s;) ;) s;)  So I'm hoping that a kind soul takes pity on me and helps me out.

Here's the deal:
I have a '01 Spyder. The car was not delivered with the DRL setup from the factory.

According to the installation instructions that came with the universal relay I bought I need to find the following cables for splicing:
- One cable with ACC current (turns on and off with the ignition key). The cable has got to handle 20A.
- The cable that controls the low beams. Splicing is preferably to be done _before_ the cable enters the fuse box.
- The cable that controls the park lights/rear lights. Again, splicing is preferably to be done _before_ the cable enters the fuse box.

Does anyone feel the urge to help me out? It would be greatly appreciated!  s:) :) s:)

Tags: