David's Style Bars

Started by Anonymous, February 19, 2004, 19:29

Anonymous

Just a quick couple of questions to all who have bought and fitted David's bars.

Can anyone offer a suggestion as to how the area where the two black plastic trims meet (where the two fixing screws are) can be tidied up  s:?: :?: s:?:  

Has anyone found any viable alternatives to the Limited Edition badges that came with the bars (covering the bolts that the wind deflector sits on)  s:?: :?: s:?:  

Cheers all

Ray

Anonymous

Quote from: "R2MUL"Just a quick couple of questions to all who have bought and fitted David's bars.

Can anyone offer a suggestion as to how the area where the two black plastic trims meet (where the two fixing screws are) can be tidied up  s:?: :?: s:?:  

Has anyone found any viable alternatives to the Limited Edition badges that came with the bars (covering the bolts that the wind deflector sits on)  s:?: :?: s:?:  
Cheers all

Ray

I have'nt, there again until the hood comes down I won't be bothered to much. I'm sure David will notify us all if he comes up with a better alternative.

My Limited Edition badges stuck on OK, why do you need an alternative  s:?: :?: s:?:  

Anonymous

Quote from: "cartell"My Limited Edition badges stuck on OK, why do you need an alternative  s:?: :?: s:?:  

Mine didnt stick too well and I was hoping somebody had come across something MR2 related to take their place.  I bought a couple of steering wheel badges from DCox20 on SC but they were a fraction too small   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Slacey

Ray, as for the gap in the middle I used a letter 'H' sticker (no, really!), cut it up and used one of the long stips to run along it... although it doesn't look great, it makes all the difference  s:) :) s:)  

Oh, and I ended up gluing those badges on as mine wouldn't stick either  s:? :? s:?
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Yeah I would nt mind a different badge for mine too. Lets face limited edition is tad naff. (in my opinion.)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

dancarbon

I used some excess of the top plastic trim edging to finish where the bits meet, it's not fantastic but looks better than without. So far they've stayed in place but obviously there hasn't been much roof up and down action for a while so we'll see.

I didn't try to fit the Limited Edition badges, thought I'd try and find a more discreet solution.
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

Anonymous

I was looking into getting these bars...

Does these holes allow you to attach a wind deflector on Davids style bars?

I have a J-apec B-edition that doesn't come with wind deflector mounting points. So do you reckon I might be able to fit one if I get these bars?

dieamond

Quote from: "sideysid"I was looking into getting these bars...

Does these holes allow you to attach a wind deflector on Davids style bars?

I have a J-apec B-edition that doesn't come with wind deflector mounting points. So do you reckon I might be able to fit one if I get these bars?

Yes !
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

kanujunkie

and as for the meeting of the 2 pieces of trim, well they can be nicely hidden by a small fire extinguisher, whilst not touching the seats or interfereing with the pull handle, plus i managed to find a nice silver one to go with the car
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Slacey

Quote from: "kanujunkie"and as for the meeting of the 2 pieces of trim, well they can be nicely hidden by a small fire extinguisher, whilst not touching the seats or interfereing with the pull handle, plus i managed to find a nice silver one to go with the car
I'd be intersted in seeing a pic of that Stu....

kanujunkie

wilco, when it stops raining!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

kanujunkie

Here you go Sean, rain finally stopped for 5 mins

[size=100]Stu[/size]

LeeUK

Corrrrr...  s:D :D s:D  ... that looks really nice!  Really want those bars!  I think it'll be a christmas present to myself!!  Long way off tho!

I like the fire extinguisher, nice touch!
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

Slacey

How have you mounted it Stu?

kanujunkie

straight thru the trim supplied with the bars, but with penny washers on each side to help support the weight and prevent the trim from cracking when removing the extinguisher.

must say i can't take credit for this one, but i can't remember for the life of me where i saw it
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Tags: