Different colour hardtops?

Started by Anonymous, December 7, 2009, 20:07

Anonymous

As some of you may have picked up on in another thread, I picked up my 2 over the weekend.
I did a deal with the garage to buy the hardtop off another black 2 they had for sale.
The garage said that it would cost £200 or so to have it resprayed and were a bit sceptical when I said I was going to leave it black.
That was untill they fitted it to the car and seen that the black hardtop looked so good on a silver car.

My question is who else has a non matching hardtop and what are the colour combos we have out there?

muffdan

Quite a few go for the black on a non-black car and you're right, it looks good.

My personal favourite though:

http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=25226
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Anonymous

Quote from: "muffdan"Quite a few go for the black on a non-black car and you're right, it looks good.

My personal favourite though:

Err not a combo which would be my first choice, but everyone to their own.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

loadswine

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Anonymous

Mine is red with a black hardtop  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

think silver with a black hardtop looks very good, someone had also sprayed (or just taped, cant remember) the A pillars black as well which I thought complemented the look nicely.

WillsSayers

s:) :) s:)

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::
Chassis: :: Front and Rear Strut Brace :: C-One Front and Rear Anti-roll Bar ::

uktotty

Surely with this many people having mismatched Hardtops we should set up a swap meet?

mrzwei

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Post of the day so far and a good idea to boot!
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

WillsSayers

Problem being, everyone who doesn't have matching hardtop has a black one  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::

Gif

Quote from: "WillsSayers"
 s:) :) s:)

Snap! Hope we don't both go to a party in them, it'll be social death   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Audi TT 200 Tfsi Roadster, Ibis White, Steptronic, Bose, Nav, Climate, Telcon, Nappa Leather
Ex BMW Z4 sDrive30i Auto, Titan Silver
Ex MR2 Roadster, Sahara Sun, Black Leather, Air Con, TTE exhaust

WillsSayers

Imagine if we turned up in convoy........... /shudders  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Quote from: "uktotty"Surely with this many people having mismatched Hardtops we should set up a swap meet?

After having lived with it for over a month now, I don't think I'd want a silver one to match my car.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

loadswine

I put a black top on my red Roadster today,( just to take it to someone else), but it looked kinda good.

No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

mrzwei

That does look good; black windscreen surround, spoiler and wing mirrors, wheels??   s:D :D s:D  (each to their own I guess).
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

northernalex

Red with yellow hard top at McDonalds, thats the way to go  s:) :) s:)

Alex
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Bernie

Got my MR2 back in August 2009 from a Toyota main dealer in Bristol, 2001 SMT with 35,000 FSH leather int and hardtop so thought a good deal with a years warranty to boot.

Read all the info on wheels and decided best to stick with originals so got them refub'd in black and did the hardtop and A frame at the same time, really pleased how it now looks.

Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

Anonymous

How much the refurb cost yu?

I want mine grey!

uktotty

£200 for a decent spray.
Still think hard tops should be body coloured

Anonymous

Ta!

Any one got a blue hardtop? How much do they cost!

uktotty

I have a blue one, cost me £400
Average price is £600-£650

Ilogik

Got a quote for £150 for hard top painting at a very good bodyshop. Its quite a straight forward job. I wouldn't pay anymore than £150.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

Anonymous

Are we the only 3 people online lol

uktotty

Yeah, everyone else has a job  s:) :) s:)

Ilogik

Im stuck doing dissertation, and 3 magazine spreads, so the forums stay on pretty much 12 hours a day, Im stuck glued to my chair   s:x :x s:x
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

Tags: