Different colour hardtops?

Started by Anonymous, December 7, 2009, 20:07

Anonymous

I know it's tempting but i'm gonna have to miss it should sort engine 1st. If it had fitting with it I would have snapped it up cus that would have been a great bargain.

How'd u get urs so cheap?

uktotty

I am a billy Bargain Hunter
My mates call me John Lewis, never knowingly undersold  s:) :) s:)

lemans

I wonder what a Lagoon blue top would look like on a black MR2?

Anyone any good with photoshop?
Daryl
Facelift Black MR2 with red leather interior. Hardtop, rear brace, SP body brace, TRD short shift, Mongo\'s,  Dev\'s & SP Turbo - 238bp, 220lbft.

mrzwei

Would look ok the other way around but would need major surgery (windscreen surround, maybe wheels and say spoiler) to start to look convincing. I'd go for a respray.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

lemans

Quote from: "mrzwei"Would look ok the other way around but would need major surgery (windscreen surround, maybe wheels and say spoiler) to start to look convincing. I'd go for a respray.

Thinking about it I guess you are right.  Wouldn't go with my red seats either now I think about it!  s:?: :?: s:?:
Daryl
Facelift Black MR2 with red leather interior. Hardtop, rear brace, SP body brace, TRD short shift, Mongo\'s,  Dev\'s & SP Turbo - 238bp, 220lbft.

Anonymous

I'm not good with photoshop but I can imagine!

I don't think it would look good. a red one would probably look better and that still wouldn't look right.

Have u not got one at the mo either then?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ilogik"breakers site from google, you get loads of randoms call you telling you they can provide the best engine for silly money and then turn out to be total muppets when they mention these "TURBO"S Are really sporty   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  its an n/a engine damn it man.

What on earth are they trying to sell you!

Is it quite hard to find one then?

lemans

Quote from: "danielle3989"I'm not good with photoshop but I can imagine!

I don't think it would look good. a red one would probably look better and that still wouldn't look right.

Have u not got one at the mo either then?

I didn't think I would want one as the MR2 is my second car.  But now I have had the MR2 for a while I would really like a hard top.  However they are very pricey and often come without the fixings which are > £200 from Mr T!

I keep looking out for a bargain close to me, but so far no luck in the right colour.  Black seems to be popular as it looks good on other colour cars!
Daryl

Anonymous

Anonymous

uktotty

Quote from: "roaddog"

Ilogik

Whats wrong with his car? looks good to me. Or am i missing something.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

uktotty

You didnt see the black roof on the silver car?
Maybe its me?
Just doesnt work. Like carbon bonnets and red paint, also fail

Anonymous

Black hardtops look good on any colour, and mostly better than standard colours look IMHO.

mrzwei

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   Your new black hardtop is in the green container on the top RHS of the container ship

If you want to go dual colour then you need to think about balance. In that image, the windsceen surround has also been sprayed black and there are, obviously, black tyres and I think a black splitter at the bottom of the front bumper. The side body kit now makes it look a bit 'slab sided' so I would enhance the image to see whether or not black in that region would look better FOR ME. Maybe black wheels (or just the edges, (not sure what you can do) and maybe the spoiler. Just need to use the technology first methinks.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.

loadswine

I like black tops on just about any 2 as well. I liked one on mine the other week, it looked pretty good to me.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

uktotty

I think Toyota made color matched hardtops for a reason.
We just need a hard top swap day so that everyone gets the correct colour

Anonymous

Quote from: "uktotty"I think Toyota made color matched hardtops for a reason.
We just need a hard top swap day so that everyone gets the correct colour

That is soooooo funny! And it's not even a joke.

Maybe we should arrange one, if any blue ones go missing don't look at me!   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Why is a black hardtop on a silver car "out of balance"?

What colour is your soft-top?

mrzwei

My car is black.

All I meant was that, for me, I would try to balance the ratio of black to silver, ie think about picking out  some more black aspects just to see if modifying the ratio would work.

If your happy with it then that's all that counts and obviously that's fine.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.

Anonymous

Hi peeps,

Want feedback please.

Looking to get a hardtop for my facelift blue but struggling to get good one with full fitting kit in blue so considering backup options.

What opinions are there on

a. black on blue (not enough contrast??)

b. silver on blue!!! (too much contrast?? lol)

I cant decide if b. is exiting and modern, . . . or simply puke inducing!

I dont need one till autumn so I can wait it out for a blue top if needed but will defo need one before winter as the 2 is daily driver and I do 30K per annum and have no garage. I feel bad enough pushing that kind of mileage on it without making the soft top suffer a full winter of cumbrian weather.

Thanks in advance for your inputs,

PS anybody got a good blue with all fittings and wants to part company please get in touch!

cheers.

mrzwei

My issue is whether or not the hardtop matches the colour of the windscreen suround, If you put a different colour hard top on then I think it looks better when the windscreen suround colour matches the hardtop colour. Only problem now is that when you take the hardtop off, the result is not good   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   Goto one of UKTOTTYS hardtop swop meets.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.

Anonymous

QuoteIf you put a different colour hard top on then I think it looks better when the windscreen suround colour matches the hardtop colour. Only problem now is that when you take the hardtop off, the result is not good

I agree that if you painted A pillars to match hardtop it would look pants when open top, so i would not do that.

However I feel a degree of contrast 'twixt body and top can work out ok.

as I stated I am looking for a blue top if possible, but think black is do-able if thats what comes up, but what about the silver??   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:  cutting edge?? . . .or edge of reason lol!

mrzwei

Personally, I'd get the hardtop and then at some point get the respray. This assumes that you want to keep the car for a bit.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.

kentsmudger

As far as I can see, the only problem with Road-dog's look is the black front lip with silver side skirts - To me, they should all be the same colour, black all round or silver all round.

I really liked the blacked-out A-pillar look, it slims the shape down a little, I think. So I did mine with vinyl tape (for now). It looks fine roof up or down in my eyes. I don't want a hard-top.

[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

Tags: