Different colour hardtops?

Started by Anonymous, December 7, 2009, 20:07

mrzwei

The black A pillar really works on that.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

Anonymous

better than I expected, esp. in first shot where its all shiney, so blacks definately maybe lol,

now how about the silver

m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT m

oldish listing so images prob wont last much longer, I keep looking at this and still cant decide if guff or cool?

Dont think it works with the TRD kit

I guess that if I've got doubts then its not going to make me smile when I look at it which would be a shame considering what a nice piece the mr2 hardtop is

davidarden

In my opinion a black hardtop works well with any colour (after all - that's what colour the softtop is!). Silver on a blue car would look terrible though!

I'm also a big fan of the black A-pillar, I think it may be one of my next mods   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:
2003 | Silver | TTE Springs | Twin H&S | No Precats | Toyo T1-R\'s | Red Calipers | De-badged | Pioneer DEH-50UB

Anonymous

Hi all,

if anyones bored and got photoshop skills it would be cool if someone could give an impression of a lagoon blue standard facelift with a black hardtop.

I'm still not sure there would be enough contrast between them on the blue compared to red/black, silver/black which do look pretty funky.

BTW there's a couple of decent blue lids floating about but without fittings (which I need) so I cant buy them, so if anyones got some bits leftover please pm me.

many thanks in advance  s:D :D s:D

loadswine

Buying the fitting kit isn't hard at all. We can give you the part numbers you'll need at Mr T. I think Nelix posted the list a short while ago.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

OlberJ

So what colour do i go for on the Black un then?

White?
Black 1MZ V6 - TTE Springs - 17" wheels - F355 exhaust - LSD and ST182 FD - aka Black Bob Jnr

http://www.olbermotive.com

mrzwei

Being as it's St Georges day then you might want a red cross on that, but given your address you may prefer a blue cross  s:D :D s:D  Blue and black worked ok on another car on here (as people keep pointing out, the soft top is matt black).
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.

OlberJ

A blue cross?

Hamilton's not in Finland you know.

A white cross on a blue backing aye. Actually, that's not a bad idea at all....
Black 1MZ V6 - TTE Springs - 17" wheels - F355 exhaust - LSD and ST182 FD - aka Black Bob Jnr

kentsmudger

Quote from: "OlberJ"A blue cross?

Hamilton's not in Finland you know.

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:     s:lol: :lol: s:lol:     s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

mrzwei

i did actually fail geography   s:D :D s:D
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.

turbo/al

mine with a black top   s:D :D s:D  not the best pic  i,ll try & get some more if wanted

Anonymous

I thought you had a red MR2?

turbo/al

yep but this should make it more clear   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

philster_d

Funnily enough toyota did think of it too on the later mk2

Dyn-Evo

I think you can get away with a black hardtop, no matter what the colour of your Mk3.....   s8) 8) s8)  

Its up to the individual: you can do what you like, basically...if YOU like it, its OK...period!

Black hardtop on a blue car looks ok...especially if you maybe "balance" it out with black alloys, a carbon bonnet and carbon rear wing.....?

...maybe even a carbon engine cover...perhaps carbon side vent covers........?

Good thing about the hard-top scenario though, is that if you find you have gone off the colour scheme, you can simply take it off, and put it in the garage.......?!   s:D :D s:D
Current: 2006 Toyota Corolla T-Sport COMPRESSOR 215hp, Silver, totally stock!
EX]V6[/color]  \":-)\"   )
Black Leather interior, "micro-lip" rear spoiler, Refurbed OEM 15" Pewter Metallics, Cobra Quad-Exit, HEL SS braided hoses, EBC pads, AEM DryFlow CAI.
Ex: "NightHawk" MR2 Mk1 4AG-ZE AE101 S/C conversion (170hp), water injection
Ex: MR2 Mk1b stock 4AGE

Anonymous

Never wanted a hard top for mine but if I did it would have to be a Lagoon Blue with my silver for contrast   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "turbo/al"mine with a black top   s:D :D s:D  not the best pic  i,ll try & get some more if wanted
Cheers Al, think I've found a good blue one now (fingers crossed)  s:D :D s:D

OlberJ

Is it not obvious black hard tops work on any colour? Have you seen the colour of your folding roof?

(Sable grey folk can jog on   s:P :P s:P  )

Anonymous

Quote from: "OlberJ"Is it not obvious black hard tops work on any colour? Have you seen the colour of your folding roof?

(Sable grey folk can jog on   s:P :P s:P  )

Jealous?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

NorthandSouth

Ive not got a black soft top....mine's red on a sable grey but I reckon a red hard top would look silly   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:
Lynne
2004 Sable Red Edition now sold :( and would so love another!

Tags: