Car tax

Started by alancdavis, February 2, 2010, 00:06

alancdavis

Taxed the Toyota and the ford today
MR2 only used on occasions ....£104.............  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  
Fiesta  used every day  £68.........................................  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

The sence of it all    s:scared: :scared: s:scared:
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

OlberJ

I taxed the Celica and the Mr2 today, ouch.   s:( :( s:(
Black 1MZ V6 - TTE Springs - 17" wheels - F355 exhaust - LSD and ST182 FD - aka Black Bob Jnr

http://www.olbermotive.com

uktotty

I taxed the Jeep and the 2 yesterday!
Damn why does it all come at once?

Anonymous

I taxed the IQ earlier in the month   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  £0.00 Pays for the 2 next month  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "alancdavis"Taxed the Toyota and the ford today
MR2 only used on occasions ....£104.............  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  
Fiesta  used every day  £68.........................................  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

The sence of it all    s:scared: :scared: s:scared:

Hmm I taxed my 2 last Friday (6 months tax) and it cost me £96 ??

alancdavis

£104.50...just checked the post office reciept          s:? :? s:?
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

alancdavis

m http://www.roadtaxprices.co.uk/Road_Tax_Bands.htm m

Well what is the tax on a MR2 ?????

alancdavis

creamykiwi

gaaah, don't talk to me about tax, I'm trying REALLY hard to get my Micra declared SORN so I can get a bit of the road tax I paid for her last year back... and because she's now being used to teach a 14 year old and an 11 year old to drive, so realistically isn't ever going to make it onto an actual road ever again, but the DVLA are making it much harder than it should be! Giving up and taking all the paperwork to the post office tomorrow, they can sort it out   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

roger

Quote from: "creamykiwi"gaaah, don't talk to me about tax, I'm trying REALLY hard to get my Micra declared SORN so I can get a bit of the road tax I paid for her last year back... and because she's now being used to teach a 14 year old and an 11 year old to drive, so realistically isn't ever going to make it onto an actual road ever again, but the DVLA are making it much harder than it should be! Giving up and taking all the paperwork to the post office tomorrow, they can sort it out   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

I assume you've considered the implications of declaring SORN on a car still being used, and just as importantly the insurance cover.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

uktotty

SORN doesnt mean its not being used Roger, it means it if OFF the road.
If she is teaching 11 year olds to drive it must be private property and therefore off road

Anonymous

Just as long as you're careful about the definition of private property, of course. Most private roads aren't private property in the eyes of the law, for example (although I'm not sure if that counts with regards to road tax, but it certainly does with dodgy driving).

creamykiwi

lolol, oops, should have explained myself better - i've passed her onto my uncle & aunt, who have a field and five children - the field is private property and that's where they're teaching the girls to drive  s:D :D s:D  the micra no longer has a valid MOT and i'm going to cancel the insurance in march when it comes up for renewal (but get my NCB, lol!) so there didn't seem a lot of point leaving her taxed till may  s:) :) s:)  

also, i'm not doing the teaching, my nerves aren't strong enough!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  but thank you for the concern  s:D :D s:D

uktotty

Both my tax discs arrived today! Good service Mr DVLA

roger

Quote from: "uktotty"SORN doesnt mean its not being used Roger, it means it if OFF the road.
If she is teaching 11 year olds to drive it must be private property and therefore off road

I agree, all I am saying is that Carla has to make sure she has thought through the plan, we all know that "I didn't know" is no defence.

Just seen your post, Carla. Just make sure your Uncle & Aunt know and understand that the car must NEVER leave that field, unless its on the back of a trailer.  Unfortunately if they do anything wrong its your name on the documentation!
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

creamykiwi

s;) ;) s;)  all understood - the paperwork will pass into my uncle's name as soon as the insurance runs out... and she won't leave the property again until she goes for scrap on the back of a truck  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

ive just tax both car today my boyfriends car rx8 £405 and my car   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:  mr2£175

t-bone

hey guys as a heathen Yank this thread makes me curious as to what the tax accounts for

here in indiana we are charged a registration fee (yearly) that is adjusted for by the age and cost of the vehicle. So in essence its a legal charge (lowest I have seen is $60 US) and when my two was new it was $400US this year this should be around $120 US. The amount above the 60 equates to a tax on property.

In contrast Texas charges a yearly registration fee of 60 dollars regardless of year make or value.  there may be county variations but cars are not considered taxable property there beyond the sales tax levied on the date of purchase.

just interested in how the fee's are calculated on your side of the pond.
2004 Red MT. JDM badging, Door Inserts, Dev\'s Keyhole covers, Goof-off visor airbag sticker removal, TRD quick-shift, Speed Source shift bushing, Speed Source shift knob (190g red), Corky\'s breast plate, Che FSTB. Thus far.

markiii

whichever way they can to fuck us in the ass
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

mrzwei

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   That's a really interesting insight.
Here, think of a number between 1 and 10, then double it. Then take off the number you first thought of, and if that's less than they  say you have to pay, then tough shit   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Historically it was meant to pay for the upkeep of our roads so clearly we aren't paying enough yet.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

devil-ish

Oh the joys of having an IQ!!!  Question though....do I have to renew the tax disc every year even though its 0?????????????   s:? :? s:?
love the wide open spaces with my top off!!!!!!  ex Owner of Celica VVTLi 190 and Aygo Special Edition Black now proud owner of IQ2 Silver, Driver of Roadster.......

loadswine

probably Anne, that way they can check its insured.
Not too bad for my little 500, that's only 35 quid and the v6 converted 2 is exactly the same as any other roadster.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

MikeMr2

'fraid so Anne  s:-( :-( s:-(   Same with SORNing, you have to do it every year.  

Comments to J. Prescott, House of Commons.  Preferably attached to something spiky   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

all the best
/mike
Cake or Death?

Anonymous

Quote from: "devil-ish"Oh the joys of having an IQ!!!  Question though....do I have to renew the tax disc every year even though its 0?????????????   s:? :? s:?
Yep as normal.

Tags: