Coley's twin 10" Sub install

Started by Slacey, March 1, 2004, 21:29

Slacey

Paul has been promising to take some pics of his install for ages, and hasn't  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  , so when he was round at mine he decided to do something about it, so here's a few pics of the setup...

Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

and that IS work i progress i take it....   s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

is that the one by BASS junkies !!!!!!!!  s:? :? s:?   I would be worried if it is

Anonymous

After reading your replies a couple of times, you do make sence!!!!

Its not "work in progress".

Do any of you remember my original post....!
 m http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=1 ... highlight= m

Anonymous

oh yeah, it has a cover over it - sorry mate!

GSB

Whilst I have no doubt that it sounds very good, I dont think the quality of the install is all that good.

It looks fine with the mesh over the top, but as they say, the quality is in the things you cant see... For a start I'd have thought they could have found something a little more appropriate to fix the two boxes together than an old offcut of MDF and 2 screws. Nothing wrong with using a timber frame to support it all either, but sanding the splinters off and applying a lick of paint makes it look a more impressive job. And look at all the spare room at the sides of the box. Why isnt the amp in there?

Still, once the covers are on you cant see all this anyway, I suppose I just like the nice detail touches that show a bit of care has been taken.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Slacey

Grant you bad lad, you'll make him cry now  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

It does sound great though, and IIRC the install was done at a good price.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

GSB

Quote from: "Slacey"Grant you bad lad, you'll make him cry now  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

It does sound great though, and IIRC the install was done at a good price.

Sorry, I do feel a bit of a shit having said all that, It looks fine with the covers on, but I'm one of these people who likes the hidden things to look good too. Drives the people I work with mad  s:roll: :roll: s:roll: , but I love attention to detail...

Still, should you feel the need Coley, you can get yourself at least a little bit of room back by moving the amp. Alternatively, theres room there for a pair of decent component sets should you feel the need to fill out your sound a little more?
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

I'm sorry Coley.. but I think it looks like a right bodge! Sorry mate!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

I'm sure it sounds absolutely fantastic, and I wish I could sacrifice the storage and do something similar......but like Grant says, it's all in the details.. unfortunately it looks like they've smashed up an old pallet with an axe, and nailed it all together!

If it was mine.. I'd be back there for them to tidy it all up - not just rely on the cover to hide everything. Alternatively as their carpentry skills obviously aren't up to much, do you think it's worth taking it apart yourself and giving it a sand and a lick of black paint? What about carpeting the bare metal too?

Just IMHO obviously - If you're happy with the awesome sound then that's all that matters!

Tim

Anonymous

hi coley.i agree with whats been said.the system sounds awesome but it does look as if they have rushed the finer details.why dont you take it back to them to see if they can carpet the support under the subs, that would make alot of difference.i know how proud of your car you are and if i could afford to lose the storage i would have had exactly the same done as you.i hope you get it sorted to your high standards  s:D :D s:D

LeeUK

Sorry mate but i would not be happy with that   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  
The way i look at my car is that i've worked hard to afford it and now i'm making my install i'm making it to perfection, see for yorself at JAE, it really is the small things.  When you concentrate and get every small detail right when you look at the big picture it looks great!

If i was you, i'd make proper custom boxes and get them right in the corners of the luggage bay maybe with the speakers pointing in towards each other (like in the saxo's!) and then make a fake floor (so you don't see the cables) and place the amp on it in the middle, between the 2 boxes (maybe add a neon too!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  )
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

Anonymous

Quote from: "LeeUK"If i was you, i'd make proper custom boxes and get them right in the corners of the luggage bay maybe with the speakers pointing in towards each other (like in the saxo's!) and then make a fake floor (so you don't see the cables) and place the amp on it in the middle, between the 2 boxes (maybe add a neon too!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  )

Now we're talking!! That's exactly what I was thinking. I reckon that the presentation of an "install" is just as important as the quality of the sound produced - having the subs angled towards each other with the amp in the middle would look awesome!   s:D :D s:D

LeeUK

Quote from: "c_a_r_t_e_r"Now we're talking!! That's exactly what I was thinking. I reckon that the presentation of an "install" is just as important as the quality of the sound produced - having the subs angled towards each other with the amp in the middle would look awesome!   s:D :D s:D

Great minds think alike!   s:D :D s:D  ...... I wonder what they're thinking?   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

I was thinking one day of doing something similar with 2x10" JL's, the current Alpine V12 amp i have, and another similar one stacked ontop!  All depends on how much BASS i want!   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

Tags: