ok... I have ANOTHER confession to make...

Started by Anonymous, March 2, 2004, 10:17

Anonymous

I really like the VM180 kit -

I also love the fact it drops the weight of the car.

Anonymous

Thats kinda getting there!!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   Shame about the colour.........  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

I'm not normally a fan of kits for the '2 but this looks pretty good and not like it has been thrown on in the dark...

Anonymous

This kit is made by TRD and is very high quality.

Jap GT300

Interested in an original JDM?  I have seen several go through the auctions recently, some are being quoted with a higher output engine as well!  I think they came with all the TRD performance upgrades.

I'm not sure if they had the TRD engine mounts?  I have these on kerries 2' and the engine vibrates right through the cabin, It's got a few more rattles now   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  .

Anonymous

Yeah, I like that too.

Now if only I had the money, and a friendly insurer  s:) :) s:)

markiii

would look silly with 15" wheels though.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "Jap GT300"Interested in an original JDM?  I have seen several go through the auctions recently, some are being quoted with a higher output engine as well!  I think they came with all the TRD performance upgrades.

I'm not sure if they had the TRD engine mounts?  I have these on kerries 2' and the engine vibrates right through the cabin, It's got a few more rattles now   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  .

You have a PM.  I am interested in a VM180 and you are right, they came with a few TRD parts so the output is up by about 15bhp.

Anonymous

ok yeah I really like it -

The wing is a little much, but I can take care of that.

GSB

I must confess, I rather like that  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Tell me about it, I feel like I'm sining (sp).

I can see that with a turbo bolted on pulling up at JAE.  I can't even complain about the wing, it REALLY does do its job properly.

I'm deffo looking into changing to a VM180 or getting the kit for my '2 or a newer one.

Chris

Quote from: "John Woodward"Thats kinda getting there!!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   Shame about the colour.........  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

and the wing!  just too big from the rear view!!  that would be competing with scoobys for the biggest!
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Tem

Quote from: "WoodenDummy"I also love the fact it drops the weight of the car.

True...but IIRC, the wheel arches are bigger than stock, so you need bigger wheels to make it look good...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Hope4Sun

ohhhh my favorite kit, mmmmm  factory VM180's, they must be coming up for auction soon  s:) :) s:)

Andy
R35 GTR<br />X Sable 05 Roadster To many mods to list

Anonymous

I'm going to see what I can come up with.  Hopefully I'll be able to get a factory model.

If not I can always go for a kit.

markiii

I don't mean this in a bad way. But having seen some Jap imports, unless it is mint. I'd get the kit.

you know the history of your car, you know it's been looked after et.c.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

anybody know if you can get the wing seperate?????

Tem

Quote from: "jonboy"anybody know if you can get the wing seperate?????

Sure, anyone who sells TRD stuff should be able to get it.

(actually the wing doesn't even come with the kit, you have to buy it separately)

Anonymous

is it the c-one wing buy any chance.it looks very similar????
just wonder if it may look to big on a car without the bodykit???

Tem

It's not C-One, it's TRD.

Anonymous

thanxs>>>>>
nice price as well.£460 without shipping.to expensive for me im afraid.i suppose you get what you pay for.i think i will stick to my original plan.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "jonboy"thanxs>>>>>
nice price as well.£460 without shipping.to expensive for me im afraid.i suppose you get what you pay for.i think i will stick to my original plan.
Is that for the wing only I assume  s:?: :?: s:?:  I like the kit but not sure about the wing. Whats the damage for the whole lot  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tem

Check  m http://www.japanparts.com/ m

The kit itself is around £2800 and the wing £460.

Add shipping, taxes, paintjob, new wheels+tyres...and it's not one of the cheapest ones in the end  s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

aaronjb

You know.. I really like that kit..

Yep.. even the wing..  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Tags: