Styling Bar - vision restrictions?

Started by Anonymous, March 3, 2004, 16:38

Anonymous

I am thinking of purchasing a standard chrome styling bar from Mr. T, but I am concerned that it may block my rear view mirror. Dose it..anyone?

And..can I purchase the 2 hoop styling bars from MR.T ? and if so how much?

aaronjb

Sort of - but not really..

Hmm, that won't help much  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   s:) :) s:)

Basically, yeah, it chops a little bit off your view - but I find that, with my seating position and mirror position, I get about 95% field of view by looking between the styling bar and the bottom of the window, and I never need to look in the gap between the top of the bar and the top of the window (which I'd have to move in my seat for anyway).

The two hoop style ones are aftermarket only - try a search for 'David' and 'hoop' to find threads about the most popular ones..

HTH,
Aaron
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Just fitted a MrT chrome styling bar and the visibility is okay you lose about 60mm from the top of your hardtop window. Have'nt tried it with just the soft top but guess that the window position is lower so I figure it won't reduce visibility.

Still I think it looks good.

MRMike

If you move the mirror up on the ball joint as per advice on here, you'll find it will hardly restrict your vision at all.  Yeah in my opinion they don't look to bad at all, I know some people don't like them. I can see why as they're appearance is more rugged and functional than the Davids/Postart bars, but I kinda like this as it looks like an integral roll cage (whilst we all know it's anything but!!)

Though in retrospect I think if i was offered some hoop style bars a la Davids/Postart from Toyota I think I would have those instead.

By the way Roadser I seriously love that Silver HT..  s8) 8) s8)
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

Have now removed hardtop and the Toyota Chrome Styling Bar does not reduce the visibilty through the soft-top window.
In fact you cannot see the styling bar when the soft-top is up other than from the front of the vehicle.

Slacey

If it is of any interest, Davids twin hoops don't restrict visibility at all.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

dieamond

And if you're interested, you can buy them from me  s;-) ;-) s;-)
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

Anonymous

How much for the hoop bars dieamond?

Slacey

Quote from: "Mark"How much for the hoop bars dieamond?
<MOD>
Guys, could you please ask any further questions reference possible purchase of the bars via PM or e-mail so we can keep this thread on topic, many thanks.
</MOD>
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"If it is of any interest, Davids twin hoops don't restrict visibility at all.

& neither do the Postert ones     s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Had the standard chrome one on mine (which is now for sale!!)

As mentioned above, simply adjust your seat/mirror position to minimise the view of the bar.  Should be fine unless you really want to make it a problem.

Tags: