Leather seats

Started by emrtwo, April 24, 2010, 20:19

chuckie

Hi I bought my leather seats from G&B, Leather outside and grey 'pin hole' alcantara for the center of the back and bottom. I was in the same position as you and couldn't realy justify the cost of fitting (covers were about £235) so went for it myself.

I started with the passenger seat which took a few hours over a Sat and Sun (didn't get it finished so for a week I had a 1 seat car, but with loads of storage!!!!!!)

Finished the passenger seat on following Sat am, driver seat would also have been done by mid afternoon if I hadn't run out of cable ties, G&B suggested I use them to replace the metal rings that Toyota use, also they are ideal to 'stretch' the back into place.

For the price I also got a black leather gaiter (which I wil not be fitting) and grey alcantara for the door cards (which I will fit when it is warm enough, and dry enough, for long enough)

G&B provide some brief instructions, which along with what I picked up from this site allowed me to fit them, something I had no previous experience of. I will try for some pics to show you the seat covers (door material is still in box though!!)

Note! These are not leatherette or imitation leather but good quality leather

Hope this Helps  

Chris
Now long gone, MR2, 06 Silver, AC, Black/Grey Leather/Alcantara Seats, Grey Alcantara Door Cards, Hard top.
Replaced with, BMW M240 Coupe, Estoril Blue(and 340bhp).
Partner has, MR2 06 Blue, Hard top.

papillon199

Well I eventually got around to fitting them starting with the passenger seat and must have made nearly every mistake possible!!!
I took it upon myself to remove the seating back from the actual seating frame and when it came to putting everything back again it was just not going to happen.
I contacted G&B for advice on more than one occasion and it must be said that they cannot do enough for you, even though they would probably prefer that you pay them (they are in business after all) to do the job.
Anyhow, I have now completed the task without any damage or further mishap and they look absolutely fantastic. Black leather with red alacantara centres, all for £250 including P&P. This also included the door cards (which I still have to fit) and a new gearshift gaitor, which is surplus to requirements.
If anyone is considering fitting these please feel free to contact me. Although by no means an expert, (considering my mistakes) I can certainly point you in the right direction if you need it.
Advice on the door cards would be good if anyone has it before I start, as I do tend to get a little carried away!
Thanks everyone for your replies, I really did appreciate it.
Paul

ChuckyBru

Quote from: "papillon199"Advice on the door cards would be good if anyone has it before I start, as I do tend to get a little carried away!
Thanks everyone for your replies, I really did appreciate it.
Paul

Try looking here: http://www.spydermagazine.com/2000/Sept/doorpanel/doorpanels.htm

Any pictures of the finished article?    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:
[size=85]Charlie
2001... with added
TTET. [/i]
My fuel consumption.[/size]

deadmau5

There's a better guide than that in the How To section on this website.

Turbotrucker

I agree with u deadmau5, I used that guide. It's real easy
2005 Sable grey Red edition,2zz by Rogue,Toyota GB skirts and spats.Markiii pipe+k&n Panel, Rogue manifold, Sports Cat,TTE Exhaust, TTE style bar, S2000 Seats, Mongo's;) Red Mohair Roof, Whiteline ARB's.

ChuckyBru

Quote from: "deadmau5"There's a better guide than that in the How To section on this website.

Knew I'd seen one somewhere!
http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=22034&p=273784&hilit=door+card#p273682
[size=85]Charlie
2001... with added
TTET. [/i]

papillon199

Silly question (probably), but how on earth do I post pictures on this forum?
I have the seats back in now and they really do make the car look so much more 'substantive', and I finished a few other little jobs while the seats were out. One being the repair of the center console, which I badly scratched when I initially removed the driver side seat. I considered buying a new (used) one, but instead resprayed it entirely with black acrylic paint. It looks brand new now and was certainly worth the £10 for the spray, as there were also quite a few little marks that I werent responsible for!
Still need to do the door cards and will get around to this during the week, but if someone can enlighten me in the meantime I will post some photographs.
Thanks again for all your help with the seats, it was cerainly worth it and saved me quite a bit of money.

Paul

Anonymous

See below in my sig. line for how to post pics.

ChuckyBru

Quote from: "papillon199"Silly question (probably), but how on earth do I post pictures on this forum?

1st you need to host the picture somewhere where you can link to it.  See nelix's guide: http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=257299#257299
You can now put a link to it in your post using the "Img" button at the top of the "post a reply" box... pop your link between the "...]" and "[..."

Edit... ha ha nelix beat me to it!   s:D :D s:D
[size=85]Charlie
2001... with added
TTET. [/i]

Tags: