too much red!!!

Started by sparkyden, June 17, 2010, 15:58

carl_evs

The brackets are facing the wrong way. Now correct me if I am wrong but aren't you creating an area of higher pressure underneath the wing and over the vents for the engine bay. Now if it works as I have always understood it too then the cool air is scooped up by the vents in the nappy and the hot air rises out though the vents on to and at the back of the car?!? Surely with it working as such you are interfering with this airflow ??? (Not that it may make a great deal of difference but hey-ho??)
2nd Place - Northern Treasure Hunt

\'52 Lagoon Blue SMT - Likwidart graphics - quite a bit of other stuff...most homemade!!

Quote from: \"nelix\"Sold him my knob, fast payment, thanks

Anonymous

The ears in the soft top are probably supplying more down force that that wing!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

sparkyden

Thnx for your input Carl.

uktotty

Quote from: "nelix"The ears in the soft top are probably supplying more down force that that wing!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
That could be my new sig!

scottish_turbo

Quote from: "sparkyden"Its an adjustable spoiler, so can be easily angled...

Quote from: "carl_evs"The brackets are facing the wrong way.

I agree the brackets look the wrong way round. Try fitting them the opposite way. Since the spoiler can be easily angled, it should be easy to adjust the spoiler back to a suitable angle. I think you will be happier with the appearance of the spoiler if you give it a go.

sparkyden

So you reckon that the spoiler should be sitting level and not angled down?

sparkyden

so you reckon the spoiler would be better not angled but lying flat?

Anonymous

Unless you have access to a wind tunnel and intend on doing speeds in excess of 150mph, I can confidently say that that wing is doing you far more harm than good (and I don't just mean in terms of appearance). All you've done is add weight at the worst possible place and almost certainly add a hell of a lot of drag to the car. Keep it if you like the looks of it (but change the brakets round the correct way) but don't kid yourself that you're getting any performance increase out of it.

markiii

Quote from: "carl_evs"The brackets are facing the wrong way. Now correct me if I am wrong but aren't you creating an area of higher pressure underneath the wing and over the vents for the engine bay. Now if it works as I have always understood it too then the cool air is scooped up by the vents in the nappy and the hot air rises out though the vents on to and at the back of the car?!? Surely with it working as such you are interfering with this airflow ??? (Not that it may make a great deal of difference but hey-ho??)

nope air flows down through teh engine lid and out of teh rear vents
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

scottish_turbo

Can you not angle it as you have it, once the brackets are the opposite direction?

sparkyden

Its fibreglass and hardly ways anything, probably less than side skirts and I'm not kidding myself about anything regarding performance, it was purely to be different. When I want performance I  go out in my 745li

sparkyden

So whats the point of the hassle of turning the brackets around if I'm going to be keeping it at that angle. The holes in the bottom of the brackets are not identical so it would mean drilling more holes in the bonnet.

Anonymous

Quote from: "sparkyden"Its fibreglass and hardly ways anything, probably less than side skirts and I'm not kidding myself about anything regarding performance, it was purely to be different. When I want performance I  go out in my 745li
So you take your luxo-barge out when you want performance?!   s:D :D s:D    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Oh, and the point of turning the brackets around is because it looks retarded the way you've got them.

Anonymous

Doubt drilling holes in the bonnet would help, the wing is on the engine lid.

sparkyden

you know what I meant and yes Dan my lux barge is a whore of a lot faster and just about as nimble as the mr2 and  thats at more than twice the weight

Anonymous

Quote from: "sparkyden"you know what I meant and yes Dan my lux barge is a whore of a lot faster and just about as nimble as the mr2 and  thats at more than twice the weight

Steerfaeces...........................................

sparkyden

Anyway this isnt about the spoiler or performance or whos the biggest tadger...I only asked what people thought about my red interior

scottish_turbo

Quote from: "sparkyden"So whats the point of the hassle of turning the brackets around if I'm going to be keeping it at that angle.

You have pretty much said it is an appearance modification and I was under the impression you want it at that angle. In my opinion it would look better with the brackets fitted the opposite way, that is all. If you are happy with it then keep it like it is.

MRR's MR2

Back to the interior, I'm quite surprised that I actually liked some parts, however in my opinion less is more.

The spoiler does look slightly odd to me but what the heck if you like it like that same with the interior thats your choice.

Anonymous

Quote from: "sparkyden"you know what I meant and yes Dan my lux barge is a whore of a lot faster and just about as nimble as the mr2 and  thats at more than twice the weight
If you think that a 1000kg car is as nimble as a 2000kg barge then you really can't... Well, I'll say no more.

And yeah, back to the interior. Waaaaaay too much red. Should've left it at the gauge cover and a maybe the door handles.

VVT-i

Quote from: "sparkyden"So whats the point of the hassle of turning the brackets around if I'm going to be keeping it at that angle. The holes in the bottom of the brackets are not identical so it would mean drilling more holes in the bonnet.

The point of turning the brackets around is to get the spoiler in the correct position... more pictures..

All of the brackets on these GT wings are pointing up and away from the car, yours is pointing up and towards the car...

...so the point in doing is this.. if your going to do it, do it properly, if you turn up at a car show or a cruise people will point and laugh, they will think you haven't got a clue.

If as you say turning it round means drilling more holes, then so be it, at least it will be done properly. I'm not so sure if you would need to drill new holes though, what if you swap them from left to right too??? either way, it's not fitted right and looks terrible.. sorry if that seems harsh, but it's a fact... change the brackets, re-adjust the wing, the wing will sit at the same (or a very similar angle) but it will be more towards the rear of the car.
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

uktotty

Quote from: "sparkyden"Anyway this isnt about the spoiler or performance or whos the biggest tadger...I only asked what people thought about my red interior
Tacky, cheap, overbearing

Anonymous

Quote from: "uktotty"
Quote from: "sparkyden"Anyway this isnt about the spoiler or performance or whos the biggest tadger...I only asked what people thought about my red interior
Tacky, cheap, overbearing

Now you know you are on the wrong path.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

sparkyden

is this better..and no smart arse comments...u know you you are...lol

VVT-i

That looks a lot better.. don't you think so yourself?
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

Tags: