Started by sparkyden, June 17, 2010, 15:58

Ilogik

Much better.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

sparkyden

yeah guys, your probably right, didnt take long either...cheers
Quote from: "VVT-i"That looks a lot better.. don't you think so yourself?

Anonymous

Now just paint those interior red bits black...................  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

sparkyden

Aint you just the comic....  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
Quote from: "nelix"Now just paint those interior red bits black...................  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

custardavenger

Ready to get flamed.

I really like that spoiler for that angle and with the brackets correct.
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

scottish_turbo

Yeah, much better.   s:) :) s:)

uktotty

I like the spoiler in all blue with blue brackets, now just to get the car to match

mrzwei

So what did the instructions say about how to fit the brackets?   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

MRR's MR2

Much better, That type of spoilers not fo me but it looks right in that photo. White wheels look good but you should change the side vents to blue or back to black then the exterior will look good!

sparkyden

Thanks for all your comments..good and bad...  s:) :) s:)

cclarke99

Quote from: "nelix"He asked for peoples thoughts.

I agree, but we could be a bit more polite whan providing them, like "...have you thought about trying the rear wing the other way round...".

Full marks to the OP for sticking with the thread despite the abuse

Anonymous

Why does everything need to be sugar coated? This is the real world, not some make believe fairytale.

Had everyone posted up something like "That's f***ing sh*t you f***ing c***" then maybe you'd have a point, but certainly this thread hasn't seemed particularly harsh to me.

FGrob

Quote from: "Dan M"Had everyone posted up something like "That's f***ing sh*t you f***ing c***" then maybe you'd have a point, but certainly this thread hasn't seemed particularly harsh to me.
They have now    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Hat's off to the OP, stuck with it and took onboard some good advice, still not my cup of tea though.

Rob
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

WillsSayers

Much nicer mate. Am wondering whether to get a colour scheme on my new blue one, but I've been urged to leave it as it is by the missus and work colleagues at the moment. White wheels perhaps. I was also umm'ing and ahh'ing about white side intakes, but then with a black roof, I think it's just too many contrasts. And I think black wheels/sidevents and roof won't contrast enough.............?

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::
Chassis: :: Front and Rear Strut Brace :: C-One Front and Rear Anti-roll Bar ::

loadswine

Personally the colour scheme looks interesting, but not for me personally. I don't know how well it will stand a few knocks over time, but I guess it could be resprayed to refresh it.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   Have a change of colour then maybe, for a change.

It costs nothing to be polite really, yes this is the real world, but I can't see the reason to be overly robust just for the sake of it. You can express opinions in many ways. The OP has fielded opinions well and some of the advice given was pretty useful I reckon as well.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Chris_h

Quote from: "FGrob"Hat's off to the OP, stuck with it and took onboard some good advice, still not my cup of tea though.

Rob

I agree with that - not my cup of cha, but lots of effort to be commended and the spoiler looks much better now. In its old position it was the perfect airbrake (think Merc SLR) -. Unfortunately, it was fixed!
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

sparkyden

Quote from: "WillsSayers"Much nicer mate. Am wondering whether to get a colour scheme on my new blue one, but I've been urged to leave it as it is by the missus and work colleagues at the moment. White wheels perhaps. I was also umm'ing and ahh'ing about white side intakes, but then with a black roof, I think it's just too many contrasts. And I think black wheels/sidevents and roof won't contrast enough.............?
Thanks Will, it took me a long time to decide to get white wheels...there actually white and polished silver spokes mixed but you cant make that out on the pics.
 I thought about the white intakes to but had already started to do the interior red so didnt want to mix it up too much. Its really hard to get it right with everyone telling you dont do it that colour  or yes do it that colour..just do what you want and to hell with everyone else, its your car and your money...   s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Quote from: "cclarke99"
Quote from: "nelix"He asked for peoples thoughts.

I agree, but we could be a bit more polite whan providing them, like "...have you thought about trying the rear wing the other way round...".

Full marks to the OP for sticking with the thread despite the abuse

Well re reading the thread down to your first post, i fail to see any abuse whatsoever.

And lets be honest here, once the op insisted the wing was not the wrong way round when it patently was it really does become open season.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

sparkyden has stuck with the thread though, took the joshing like a man and no doubt will get his own back when i and others err too.

onion86

Quote from: "custardavenger"Ready to get flamed.

I really like that spoiler for that angle and with the brackets correct.
I have to agree, at first I didn't like it, now it's at the right angle it looks really good, glad you got it sorted  s:) :) s:)  I thought mine was bad in the rear view mirror, that one must take up quite a bit more of the view?
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

sparkyden

Oh, and thanks to everyone who thought I was patient enought to see the thread through...there was a point where I was about to tell certain members to take a run and jump (fcuk off) but a little patience goes a long way......
The majority of members who joined the thread were on the whole very helpful and gave good advice, which I took on board...so thanks again    s:) :) s:)    s:) :) s:)

sparkyden

And Nelix, the wing wasnt the wrong way round..the brackets were..get it right m8, and dont worry I WILL return the favour  when you fcuk it up...  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

nelix, not Nelix if we are being pedantic.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

WillsSayers

Quote from: "sparkyden"Thanks Will, it took me a long time to decide to get white wheels...there actually white and polished silver spokes mixed but you cant make that out on the pics.
 I thought about the white intakes to but had already started to do the interior red so didnt want to mix it up too much. Its really hard to get it right with everyone telling you dont do it that colour  or yes do it that colour..just do what you want and to hell with everyone else, its your car and your money...   s:) :) s:)

TBH I don't think the interior conflicting with the exterior is much of a heineous crime - there's plenty of people here with red seats in non-red cars which I personally don't think matches..... But if you're sat inside the car, it looks nice. As for external.... I like complimentary contrast, but think it needs to be done with as few colours as possible. Hence why I'd only go for blue:white or blue:black.

As for your blue'n'red....... I think it'd work a lot better with something like the JDL bodykit - nothing subtle, something that looks a tad outrageous!

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::

StuM

Quote from: "WillsSayers"Am wondering whether to get a colour scheme on my new blue one

Wills - you really need to be doing yellow side vents, a subtle nod to your Sahara Sun beastie!  s;) ;) s;)

OP - I actually find the red side vents strangely appealing.  The interior bits look well done, but a bit loud for my taste.  I like the spoiler.
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

WillsSayers

Quote from: "StuM"Wills - you really need to be doing yellow side vents, a subtle nod to your Sahara Sun beastie!  s;) ;) s;)

Bluurgh - sorry, I was just sick in my mouth a little there! I'm not hugely convinced blue and yellow go together  s;) ;) s;)

Tags: