Posting Pictures.........

Started by darrenjuggins, June 30, 2003, 09:58

darrenjuggins

Hi Guys/Girls,

Can someone send me details on how to post pictures on the site it mentions Url's and I'm used to just copy and pasting.

Can someone please spend 5 minutes doing at idiots guide for me ?

It would be certainly appreciated, I don't normally have much trouble with Computers, much just be an off day   s:D :D s:D  

Thanks in anticipation

Darren J
Darren A. Juggins

Anonymous

The images need to be hosted on a web server first and accessable via  m http://www.blabhblabl... m . type link.

then inside your post click on the "Img" button, and it will put a tag in the page for you, then enter your  m http://www.whatever/car.jpg m  address and press the "Img*" button again to close the tag...

If you hold your mouse over the IMG button it will give you an example of what to do below.

Hope that helps...

If you need web space to put your pictures, myself of cstevens (Craig) will be able to help you out as we both have space available on our servers.

darrenjuggins

Thanks for that I have some time this afternoon so I will have a play.

Cheers Kris

Darren
Darren A. Juggins

darrenjuggins

Here Goes....

Cool Seems I've got that worked out now... just need to work on the sizings....  s;-) ;-) s;-)

THanks Kris
Darren A. Juggins

Anonymous

was just about to say, you need to resize them a bit...!   s:) :) s:)

darrenjuggins

Hi Kris,

your help is much appreciated, been playing with the sizings and posts from now on will be checked for appropriate sizings   s:D :D s:D  

God it's easy when you know how.... thanks for the Info.

Now for them pictures of my head unit for the site   s:D :D s:D  

Thanks again

Darren
Darren A. Juggins

mph

Just on an admin note, currently we've decided not to provide hosting for images within the bounds of the site in order to reduce bandwidth and ultimately the running cost.
/admin

Nice pics   s:) :) s:)
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

darrenjuggins

Hi,

Thats fine, got plenty of space on my NTL server, just didn't know how to post them, but thanks to Kris thats all sorted.

thanks for the info

Cheers

Darren
Darren A. Juggins

Anonymous

Quote from: "mph"Just on an admin note, currently we've decided not to provide hosting for images within the bounds of the site in order to reduce bandwidth and ultimately the running cost.
/admin

Nice pics   s:) :) s:)

Obviosuly my offer to all members to crop, reg blank, and host their photos still stands for all the non-it-bods or for those of you who just cant be bothered   s:D :D s:D  

http://www.mr2-photos.co.uk

Anonymous

A few more pics on their way to your e-mail addy from me.

Cheers in advance     s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

How do you put pics in your profile to appear under your name on messages.....Everyone else has one and I don't! haha   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Liz

Put the url of the image you want in the box at the bottom of your profile page (boxes top right of screen), and make sure that it is within the size parameters, and thanks for using the search!  s:) :) s:)
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

I did use the search, but could only find how to put actual big pics on.

So the pic has to be on the internet to actually have it on your profile?

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "Moreno"I did use the search, but could only find how to put actual big pics on.

So the pic has to be on the internet to actually have it on your profile?

Yep.

Simon

Anonymous

So how do you resize it if its on the web?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Moreno"So how do you resize it if its on the web?

You don't.  You resize it before you upload it onto a webserver.

SimonC_Here

Ah I see what you mean.

What you have to do is get a copy of the picture you want onto your pc.
Resize it using an image program (MS paint will do. load the image and use Ctrl+W to change the size)

Then upload it again to the internet. Most ISPs give you webspace free for this sort of thing or you could try asking people here to host it for you.

Then you put the link to your new file in the profile bit.

[disclamer]Watch for copywrites on images from the net [discalmer]

Simon

Tags: