Aerial Switch

Started by Anonymous, March 20, 2004, 14:59

Anonymous

Well, picked the switch up today and wired it in. The switch has a slightly smaller surround than the coin holder that came out, but it's close enough to look OK  s:) :) s:)

Given that the switch was just under 10 quid then I think the fact the surround is slightly off outweighs the extra 20 odd quid it would have cost me to get a Mr T one. I haven't wired in the light, didn't see the need, as I'll know if the aerial is up or down from the switch position. Works a treat, so I can now have some nice CDs on with no aerial up  s;) ;) s;)

Here's a pic in case you are interested or want to slag off my work  s;) ;) s;)

Cheers

Steve

markiii

awful mate  :-) :-) :-)

what car was that off in teh end?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Slacey

I have switched mine, but it is bodged down by the H/U, I'd be interested in one of these if you could tell me where to go for one?
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

markiii   s:P :P s:P    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Not sure what car it is off exactly   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   I think it's just a standard japanese fitment that can go on any. The company I used use them for fitting fog light switches to Scoobs that have been imported and require them fitting for SVA purposes.

If you want to contact them, they are TSL and are based just outside Nottingham. Friendly bunch and a great family business who have now branched out to include Mitsubishis and the like, but you can see that on their website.

If you are interested in one, give them a call or drop them an email and mention the switch they did for Steve Hanslow and they should know what you are on about  s;) ;) s;)  I never bothered wiring the light in on the switch, but there is one if you want to use it. Not sure on what postage costs would be as I drove over and picked mine up, but the switch was £9.93.

Slacey

Thanks Steve, I'll give them a call  s:) :) s:)
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

nice like it   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

I have just installed a sony CDX-F7500 and that puts the ariel down when playing CD's and up when the tuner is on.

Anonymous

Yeah but my Pioneer didn't  s:( :( s:(

Maybe I ought to get on to them and get them to put it in as a feature in their next set of headunits   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: