Fuel cleaner performance improvement

Started by stavros58, June 7, 2011, 22:01

stavros58

Hi about 8 months ago I bought a fuel cleaner and carbon remover for my MR2 but didn't use it until recently because I thought to use it before my next service which I still haven't had done. The stuff was called BG44K and originated in the USA I believe. I filled up the car and put all the can in, slightly more than required but perfectly safe. after about half a tank I noticed a difference in pick up and willingness to accelerate. By the time I filled up again a definite improvement and the car is running very well not that it was running badly before it just seems a lot sharper and acceleration seems quicker. My car has only done 30K as it is one of the last 300 models sold in the UK so I was surprised at how much of a difference the product made.  If you look at the website they claim that it cleans the Dirty or Clogged Fuel Injectors, Cleans Deposits or Blockages in the Fuel System, removes build up of Carbon on the Engine Intake Components, Valves and Combustion Chambers, Removes deposits on the Oxygen Sensor that Results in inaccurate Air/Fuel Ratio Data sent to Your Car's ECU.  Un-cloggs  Catalytic Converters. Here is the link  m http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk m . I'm that impressed with it I will use it again next year and I should imagine anyone with older models may even see a more of a change if they have large build ups of carbon etc. The stuff is on special offer at the moment I paid nearly £30 for it its about £20 now.
MR2 Chilli Red, final 300 production run for U.K. Hard Top, TTE twin pipes, Alacantra leather. Pre registered, no mods but  Brilliant! Favourite quote "I don\'t expect to know what is around the corner but I do at least expect to know where the corner is"

Anonymous

As one of the last '2s made(a TF300 I'm guessing) your help with this   l viewtopic.php?f=11&t=33717 l   would be very helpful when you get a spare couple of minutes.   s:D :D s:D

Bernie

I read this and thought give it a go.  My 2 has 55,000 miles & another 5,000 to go before next service.  My experience was the same, after half a tank the improvement was noticeable and after another tank full its going so well and will use it again in another 10K
Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

iPap

I use redex in my motorbike and it makes a difference...

Whilst it's in the tank! It's just a octane booster, performance goes back to normal when the redex is out of the system.
2001, Black MR2, Elise Leather Seats, Aircon and Factory TTE Kit, BC Coilovers, SP Brace, Corkys Front Brace, Devs\' Front Bushes, Rebuilt Toyota 1ZZ Engine, Head and Six Speed Box, Cobra Twin Exhaust, Decat Manifold, Short Shift and Solid Bushes, etc...

dcod

Havn't used it myself but if anyone wants to try it I've seen it being sold in kwikfit. (Yes, I was in Kwikfit but only due to an emergency).
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

stavros58

Just a quick update if anyone is interested in buying some of the BG44K it is really cheap at the moment about half price so I have bought some for next year as I'm that impressed with it. Went on a run down to Wales for a few days and the car is running really smoothly and pick up is still really great. Some really nice roads in North Wales but hundreds of camera signs, but I barely saw a speed camera, until I got back into England of course! Link for fuel additive is   m http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk m
Cheers Stavros
MR2 Chilli Red, final 300 production run for U.K. Hard Top, TTE twin pipes, Alacantra leather. Pre registered, no mods but  Brilliant! Favourite quote "I don\'t expect to know what is around the corner but I do at least expect to know where the corner is"

dcod

Put BG44K in my 2zz. Engine did feel a little more free to rev.   s:) :) s:)  

BUT: After about 1/4 of a tank of fuel, heard a bit of knocking from the engine. At half a tank I filled up and it went away. I believe it may have been due to a low octane level caused by dilution of the BG44K.  My suggestion would be to use half as much as they advise on the tin, especially with the 2zz as high performance engines need octane. (I'm no expert though and may be wrong about this)

Here is small write up about BG44K where they even test it ... on an MR2! (Don't know what model)

m http://www.fueltechexperts.com/2008/08/ ... and-bg244/ m
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

dcod

I have sent the following to powerEnhancer :

"Can you tell me the octane rating (RON) for BG44K."

and they replied :

"BG44K does not change the octane index of a fuel."

Make of that what you will.

Tags: