Donnelly Auto Dim rear view mirror

Started by crankshaft, April 7, 2004, 12:09

crankshaft

I bought a Donnelly auto-dimming rear view mirror about a year ago for another car but never fitted it, part number 19701.

I would now like to fit it to my 2, but don't know whether it will fit. Aparently there are 2 different kinds of mounts used in 80% of all cars one is called a wedgemount and the other a camlock mount.

The one I have is the wedgemount and are hoping that this is the same as the 2's. Has anyone fitted one and or does anyone know if the 2 has the wedgemount or camlock type of windscreen mount.

I am back to the UK tomorrow and obviously don't want to take it in my suitcase if it int gonna fit !

Cheers

Crankshaft
2001 SMT - Pete

Slacey

I'm sure Markiii bought something similar a while back from the States, nort sure if he fitted it though. Might be worth a PM.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

markiii

not yet

on my list of to do's since I need the same trim off to run the 5 volt fee, I figured I may as well wait until the laser detector module goes in.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

crankshaft

Mark, if you have bought the mirror, do you know what the mount looks like ??

Mine is a wedge mount, a flat-bottomed triangle about 15mm wide and 20 mm deep, is your's like that ??

Cheers

Crankshaft
2001 SMT - Pete

markiii

just looked and teh Gentex I bought seems to have adaptors for both.

however your description sounds liek the one that comes on teh roadster as standard, so I reckon it would work.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tags: