Shipping Alloys

Started by skinz, July 25, 2011, 13:41

skinz

Alright guys,

Looking to provide a fellow member with a cost for shipping my alloys in FS section. Are there any companies that are better than others? - aslo for packing I presume these would best be wrapped in cardboard - or would boxing be better?

Cheers
Steven

andyroo104

I have sent alloys in the past via one of the companies on eBay,wrapped individually in bubble wrap covered by cling film and then address label placed beneath the cling film.I think you will find that most companies will only collect them in packs of two at the very most for obvious reasons.
Andy.
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Im shipping quite a bit at the moment. I use My Hermes as they are super cheap. Never had a problem with them. Yodel are a good alternative.
If Im shipping wheels I pack them in pairs, face to face for protection, a piece of cardboard between, Then Asda rubble sacks and asda black duct tape. Split the bags down the sides to form a long sheet, roll the pair of wheels along and tape the ends to the tread, clap a bag on each end and tape.
Dont forget to put the delivery note inside. I use clear plastic file wallets as label holders. Tape one to the flat surface, and bingo, jobs a good un! Postage and packing for a tenner per pair.

Tags: