I know its an MGF

Started by Peter Wright, April 12, 2004, 11:17

Peter Wright

Saw this outside my house
It really did look stunning with chrome mirrors and side intakes especially on black
Anyone know if we can get chrome mirrors for Roadster if enough are interested possible group buy ???
The picture realy does not do it justice

Pete   s:D :D s:D
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

Slacey

Believe it or not, you CAN get chrome mirrors (covers) for the '2 - have a look on Japanparts, or I think Adam might know about them.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

MR2Blue

Yes you can get them for a 2 but off hand I can't remember where from, I'll have a look around  and let you know , unless someone else can tell you.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Slacey

heathstimpson

Be interested to see a picture if you go ahead and do this Peter.
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Or you could go to Halfords and get the salesboy to order you some Chrome Spray   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

To see the effect, why not use dull side of kitchen foil ? Ok not for on the road, but too see if it would look ok.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

aaronjb

I know what comes after these....

some of those lovely chrome wheelarch 'lips' (usually seen on old Merc E180's)..
or maybe limo-tints..
and some 22" chrome spinners to complete the mondo-bling drug dealer look..  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

<innocent look>
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Peter Wright

Quote from: "aaronjb"I know what comes after these....

some of those lovely chrome wheelarch 'lips' (usually seen on old Merc E180's)..
or maybe limo-tints..
and some 22" chrome spinners to complete the mondo-bling drug dealer look..  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

<innocent look>

Are you being a complete *CENSORED* or does it come naturally or have you had too many bottlles of red wine that Darth Paul is so fond of

I personally think they look really good and can only add to the asthetic apperance of the Roadster

s:( :( s:(    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

- Censored by Tem -
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

Tem

Hey, no need for that kind of language here!

Feel free to tell your opinions about the mirrors, but skip the personal stuff or sort them out through PM's, thanks  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Peter Wright

Oh Dear

Sorry if I have ofended anyone ( the word was Arsehole )

But only intended in an inderement kind of way

I'll resign if you want me to

Very sorry

Pete   s:D :D s:D

SteveJ

Quote from: "Peter Wright"( the word was a******e )

Now I've had to add yet ANOTHER word to the censor list

Darth Paul

Whaaaaaaaat? Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? Oh me head......... Actually it's Stella Tortoise this weekend. Oh me head in the morrow.

Chrome mirrors? Ummm, not too bad. Seen a lot worse, but they're not for me. A bit Corsa-ish/MGF-ish. But a least it's not fuel filler cap garnish.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Or is this the slippery slope..?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

DP

Slacey

Pic here (from SC):

MRMike

I actually really like the chrome windscreen surround, though i bet its a bugger to get the damn flies of it!

The mirrors look okay IMO with the screen, not sure what they would look like without.  That filler cap is not to my liking at all though.
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Comer

Look again at that pic and you're see that you can also get a chrome surround for the rear view mirror too.  That is also available from Japan Parts.

<temporary drift>I'm going off the chrome look at the minute.  I'm tempted to get my chromdesign grills sprayed black along with my wheels.  But it maybe a bit OTT on a black car   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Slacey

That's not the chrome rear-view surround - it's a different mirror altogether, a really odd shape... hang on a mo...

It's by Foliatec... Big pic

Anonymous

That chrome windscreen surround looks like it's been stuck on.. I'd much rather go for a silver metallic painted look like on the VX220.. have actually been considering it for a while too, but I can't justify spending the money on something so trivial at the mo!

Anonymous

i think that looks very nice! very VX220 as someone just said. shame my 2's silver   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  ....

Anonymous

everything in this thread looks like it came direct from Halfords... if you want to be pointed and laughed at then i say go ahead....   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Oooooooohhhhh..........harsh words Kris, but I have to say, I agree............sorry.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

zud

Yeah, "harsh but fair" for me too.  But that's just my opinion, for what it's worth.
Blue SMT with leather, A/C and TTE Twin.

THEMOSS

The windscreen thing doesn't look too bad, but the mirrors? No no no! Far too Z3 for my liking.......  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Lotus Elise Sport 160

Darth Paul

Windscreen surround I like – alot. Mirrors? W@nker than a ... you know the rest!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

And yes, two bottles of red wine later...  s:? :? s:?  

DP

THEMOSS

Couldn't agree more Paul. What you doing up at this time? Thought i was the only night owl in the club....................
Lotus Elise Sport 160

Liz

Peter, don't know if you are still interested but found these on ebay, whilst surfing to while away night turn!!

m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 78635&rd=1 m
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Tags: