A Grand Day Out

Started by skirmish, October 1, 2011, 12:26

skirmish

Me and the MR2 had our first real day out yesterday as we did the Huddersfield to Whitby trip to spend a day with my other half who is there with her parents. Set off at 8.30am with the top and down and arrived at Whitby 2 hours later. The weather was superb and there was some great scenery especially once past Malton and up on the North York Moors.
Then had a lovely day at the seaside with my other half and the dog walking on the beach and generally taking things very easy.
Set off home at 8.30pm again with the top down and it was great to see the stars up above due to the very clear air and lack of light pollution, especially on the moors.

The journey home was a bit quicker due to very little traffic but it all really struck home how great it is to have an open top roadster and how well the MR2 does such a journey.

The icing on the cake was that it did 49.8 mpg. What a car!

Dave
The sun is out
The sky is blue
It\'s time to drive
The MR2

Anonymous

Similar trip out to Southport for me and HWMBO today. Perfect weather for top down driving, but a bit busy for a blast. Just perfect cruising.

Didnt see one other 2!

skirmish

You know, I was going to mention that and forgot. No, I didn't see another one either and it's a 190 mile round trip. As far as I know though there are only about 11,000 out there so they are moderately rare. I like that though as it makes it even more special.

m http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?q=mr2 m
The sun is out
The sky is blue
It\'s time to drive
The MR2

Toplesscouple

See is it fair to say you are happy with choice over the Mini, Skirmish ?   s:D :D s:D

skirmish

Ah, but you have to remember that the MR2 was ALWAYS my first choice but I had to persuade and convince the other half.
The sun is out
The sky is blue
It\'s time to drive
The MR2

Tags: