Tyres

Started by Stephster, February 3, 2012, 18:00

ChrisGB

Quote from: "2 of the left"
Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"Definitely a lot more than 50 piddly miles!
Was told "50" by Tyre Fitters here in Hants - No wonder there are so many shunts here in Pompey!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

I have never run T1R on the MR2, but on a front heavy front driver with nearly 300lb/ft and 190bhp they where improving for the first 1000 miles.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

Wabbitkilla

Oddly the first time I ran T1-Rs on the MR2 they seemed great from the off, but the next change they needed scrubbing in fir a while.

I've just had my rear Marangoni's replaced and they're taking some scrubbing in now
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Stephster

Advice please - so I am running the tyres at the pressures you guys suggested. All is fine, but over 70 the steering feels too light, lighter than when I had the yokos on. I don't like it, so what can I do ?
[strike]2001 Silver MR2, red interior. Just like she came out of the factory \":)\"[/strike] -  I loved owning her !
Gone over to the dark side - 05 Black Z4 2.0i se with red leather.

Wabbitkilla

Toyo's Steph?

Do you have your spare wheel in the front?

How did you check the pressures?
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from

Stephster

Erm... I didn't. I depended on what tyre fitter put on form he had done....  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  
I definitely have the front tyre, and it was never a problem before the change - first port of call is tyre pressure check.
[strike]2001 Silver MR2, red interior. Just like she came out of the factory \":)\"[/strike] -  I loved owning her !

Wabbitkilla

Just sounds to me like there is too much air in the tyres... Plus I always have a load in the frunk which could calm things down.

Mike_V

Steph. Try 26 psi in the front and 36 in the rear, works for me.

Mike
EX 2000 MR2 Roadster,silver,grey/black leather trim,TTE rear bumper inserts,black-grey Momo steering wheel,17" Rota GT3 wheels,KYB struts and FK springs,TRD short shifter with brass shifter bushes,Matt Performance under body brace,Megan arms,Che ARBs,Pirhana discs and Yellow stuff pads,Custom stage 2 T28 SP Turbo,charge cooler system,Helix clutch,lightened flywheel,Moroso sump, custom exhaust and induction kit,550 cc injectors,Link storm G4 ECU with 260bhp&240 ft lbs.
----------------------------------------
2004 Red edition in Sable.
http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae323/Mike_V/

VVT-i

Steph... get your tracking checked, I had the exact same problem when I fitted a new set of Falken 452's... it was only slightly out (2mm) but made a world of difference and the car felt more planted once it was set correctly.
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

Stephster

Well the pressures were WELL off..... which might explain a lot. 23 and 25 front, back both 33. Adjusted it now but will wait until it is dry to take her at speed to see what difference it has made.

Tags: