Dyno reading - Dyno print added

Started by stargazer30, February 8, 2012, 15:32

stargazer30

Thinking of getting my MR2 dyno'd as a base before some potential modding.  So far it only has basic mods;

Precats removed
TTE exhaust
Panel Filter + Mkiii pipe
**edit* US unichip

Anyone want to take a stab at what it will make?  s:D :D s:D   If it hits 145bhp I'll be chuffed but more likely it will ~140 I bet!
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

Mike_V

141  :-) :-) :-)
EX 2000 MR2 Roadster,silver,grey/black leather trim,TTE rear bumper inserts,black-grey Momo steering wheel,17" Rota GT3 wheels,KYB struts and FK springs,TRD short shifter with brass shifter bushes,Matt Performance under body brace,Megan arms,Che ARBs,Pirhana discs and Yellow stuff pads,Custom stage 2 T28 SP Turbo,charge cooler system,Helix clutch,lightened flywheel,Moroso sump, custom exhaust and induction kit,550 cc injectors,Link storm G4 ECU with 260bhp&240 ft lbs.
----------------------------------------
2004 Red edition in Sable.
http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae323/Mike_V/

dcod

142.3   s:D :D s:D
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

loadswine

You might get a little from precat removal plus a small gain from Markiii pipe, but the TTE doesn't make any more power than stock. So probably not a vast amount over 140 I'm guessing.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

stargazer30

I'm interested in the lb/ft too.  I'm not so sure on the TTE you know.  The precats went first and my butt dyno noticed pretty much no difference.  The TTE went on next and I could notice the classic tell tail signs of a more free flowing exhaust already.  Mid range torque slightly but noticably reduced   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   but top end had a bit more go.

Its just a shame any BHP I gained will be lost by the extra weight of the markiii and TTE over the stock items.
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

stargazer30

Any last guesses as its going on the dyno in 15 mins time drum roll.........

dcod

Your car is older than when I last guessed ... I now think 142.2
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

AckersMR2

A conservative 139........
My only car is a Ducati 

stargazer30

Nope your all wrong!

I did forget to post I just added on of the US unichips
See below Dyno and AFR prints.  The Red line is the more powerful Map B on shell v-power, grey line is the regular fuel unichip map.

Comments welcome, guess I better clean my MAF huh!

stargazer30

Cleaned my MAF up, the temp sensor was pretty scruffy, couldn't tell much on the sensor itself.  Car seems to run the same so I doubt it made any difference.

Not sure how to feel about the numbers I got.  The car didn't feel any slower stock than my old MR2.  It did seem a bit slower once the TTE went on but very not much.  The unichip made a noticable gain/difference on Map B, am happy with that.  I'd have expected about 142 bhp TBH.  The AFR and torque curves look fine to me as well, albeit slightly lower than expected.

That Dyno is pretty accurate too, I ran my old ST on it and it ran 220bhp stock which is pretty much spot on.

uktotty

So what is the number then?

onion86

Quote from: "uktotty"So what is the number then?
133.7 (Regular) / 135.6 (Map B) - says on the dyno pic.
Bit of a drop in bhp and torque, bet you must be disappointed.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Goeman

It must be a bit gutting to be honest. You'd think it'd at least make the stock HP. I'd rather have not know. But as a baseline for modding the only way is up.

Edit: I just looked up Sedox Performance. I must have past that place a hundred times when doing the rat run to ASDA and not realised it was there.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Russell

stargazer30

Quote from: "Goeman"Edit: I just looked up Sedox Performance. I must have past that place a hundred times when doing the rat run to ASDA and not realised it was there.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Its not at Boldon anymore.  They've moved to Leechmere Ind Estate in Grangetown.  Which ironically has an Asda right next to it!

Mind you I've just been googling around and these guys don't have a very good rep it seems.  Infact I saw a post from a RR day on there rollers where nearly all the cars were showing low BHP some of them 20bhp plus down.  When they did my ST it made stock 220bhp power on the stock map but with the 260bhp remap only made 221bhp.  I put it down to the STs notoriously crap intercooler at the time but I'm beginning to wonder now.  

We need a RR day for MR2s see how mine compares to others.  It still feels quickish to drive, doesn't feel under powered at all.

Goeman

I did mean Grangetown but if it used to be in Boldon then that'll explain why I never saw it when I lived in Sunderland (on and off between 2000 to 2007). If all that's true then their RR might be a bit iffy but your probably hoping it is but who knows. I've been contemplating having mine tested at Big Fish Tuning in Stokesley just out of curiosity. Yours has made me think twice.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Russell

AckersMR2

Hooray! I had the closest guess, do I win a prize?   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
My only car is a Ducati 

dj2k21

I can highly recommend John at big fish tuning, he remapped all my diesels, made very good figures and he's happy to help anytime. Value for money is great with him. As far as mods go, if your thinking of going to grange town, then why not go about 1 mile further up into the centre of Middlesbrough and try Tom @ future racing developments, he's an absolute genius with jap cars and is the son of the prodigy race car driver and old school carb tuner Ron Harper. Tom did alot of my engine work and his skills are second to none. Infact I've actually known the Honda dealership near to us ring him for advise on any import hondas they get in which to me says it all really.
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

stargazer30

Well Peeps, If all goes to plan my MR2 will be putting out a tad more than 130odd BHP soon   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Watch this space....

David

s12vea

TTE turbo  s;) ;) s;)
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

stargazer30

Quote from: "s12vea"TTE turbo  s;) ;) s;)

Damn - Busted!  How did you know?

AmeR

T'was only a matter of time I'd say....

s12vea

We're on the same wave length lol
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

Anonymous

Quote from: "stargazer30"
Quote from: "s12vea"TTE turbo  s;) ;) s;)

Damn - Busted!  How did you know?

so who won the bet on when your first major mod is fitted. I remember you saying this was staying standard  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

stargazer30

Quote from: "rbuckingham"so who won the bet on when your first major mod is fitted. I remember you saying this was staying standard  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Well erm technically it is.  TTET is a toyota approved kit   s:D :D s:D    s:flame: :flame: s:flame:  

Oh getting back on topic, its been nice today so was out for a spirited drive.  If my 2's only got 130bhp I'm the virgin mary.  No way that dyno's accurate.  It goes like a scolded cat on map B with V power in it.  My butt dyno recons 145 bhp at least.

Tags: