Magnex 4" Beast Pics

Started by Anonymous, April 22, 2004, 20:46

Anonymous

Not sure where to put this post guys, more appearance related than performance I think, feel free to move me!  s:D :D s:D

Well, raced home (topless   s:) :) s:)  ) today to find my Magnex had arrived!   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D   Only 2 days after ordering!

Wow, she's a beast! Anyone who's contemplating it - DO IT!! Check out my pics that'll tempt ya!

Pics aren't the best im afraid, camera's had it. Getting her fitted on Saturday Morning cant wait!

* How high does my '2 look in that pic?!! Have to sort that out!   s:D :D s:D  *

Holding the pipes next to the standard pipe is shocking!! Why did toyota choose to put a small 2" single exhaust on such a Sports Car??

Get my new Camera on Saturday too, so i'll pop some updated pics up if anyone's interested.

Plenty more mods on the way - ready for JAE!   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D [/i]

Anonymous

Yeah Baby.... gotta love them pipes!

Anonymous

WOW...  s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

wish i had the money to buy something like that!   s:( :( s:(

scottee

It looks sweet, those are some BIG pipes

Anonymous

Here they are fitted to my 2

More info can be found on my link below      s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

That MS-design rear skirt really looks good! I think it would look even better if you had some '03 inserts in the rear bumper aswell..
oh well, just thinking out loud..

Anonymous

Well, had an appointment at the garage for 9, finished the install by 10:30, and i've only just got back, been out naked all day enjoying the roar and attention!!

All I can say is wow, Im well impressed with the Magnex, looks amazing! Sounds just sweet, not too loud, but rumbles just nicely at low revs once she's warmed up....

Im hoping to get a video/sound clip of her sorted real soon, for anyone who is interested.

Just to tease you all, here's my pics of the install and outcome...

<admin edit to remove HUGE images>

m http://www.steve.macartney.btinternet.co.uk/Magnex.jpg m

m http://www.steve.macartney.btinternet.co.uk/Magnex2.jpg m

m http://www.steve.macartney.btinternet.co.uk/Magnex4.jpg m

My advise to anyone thinking about it.... - Just Do it!!!

P.S. - Like my new plates?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  Difficult to see but i've but this website underneath my plate, I think it looks the business!!

Off to paint my calipers now...   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Looks awesome; can't wait to hear the sound clips!   s8) 8) s8)  

Just a thought though: are the tailpipes actually touching the bumper? If so, is that such a good idea: don't they get quite hot with all that exhaust gas coming out?   s:? :? s:?

MRMike

Thats what i thought...(very nice exhaust by the way Steve) but if you look at the bore of the exhaust it's relatively small...i doubt that much heat would get to the edges of the tips to cause damage..It's worth checking though

Again nice exhaust..like how it's closer to the bumper than the TTE as well..looks more integrated. I know when I had a peugeot, the OE exhaust systems are regarded to be the best for the car, but the only makes that  saw any gains were Devil and Magnex.
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

thats what i dont like about those tips, i think the inner bores look too small. think they should be the same diameter all the way, just my opinion

MRMike

Quote from: "Tomr2"thats what i dont like about those tips, i think the inner bores look too small. think they should be the same diameter all the way, just my opinion

It's the same on most exhausts, there designed that way.  If you had really large bore drainpipes you would i imagine lose back pressure.  Not only that they would make an unholy racket..
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

Once the exhaust has been going a little while the innards are blacked quite nicely, and it's very hard to see the fact it's narrower bore inside.

Also, as said, to have wide piping all the way back would require changing the cats, and exhaust manifold, otherwise any change in bore for the exhaust would be negated as soon as the narrower existing pipe were reached.

Anonymous

Sorry about file sizes, bit large!!

Yea, I agree the inner bores look, mmm, at the moment, but once they black out it'll look great.

The outer pipes are VERY close to the bumper and YES the get VERY HOT!! In Todays heat they were untouchable. Concerned about the paint work, I've placed some heat resistant tape between the tips and bumper which I hope will solve any potential problem, but i'll keep my eye on them.

Im thoroughly impressed and once warm she certainly turns heads!!!  s:D :D s:D

MRMike

Sounds good Steve, have you got any sound files yet?  Might be an idea for the site to have somewhere you can listen to various exhausts? Or maybe just a links section, given the space constraints.. I know Phil has a recording of his H&S...

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

s:idea: :idea: s:idea:  Excellent Idea Mike,  s:idea: :idea: s:idea:  

I havent had chance to do my video's yet, been doing my calipers!   s:D :D s:D  

Im going to get them done tomorrow.

I'll post a link to the files on here, but who should we approach with the 'download samples' idea?

MRMike

Well I would think one of the admin will notice this thread..if not we could put it in the feedback section?  I know you can't tell a great deal from the sound clips, but having heard Mikes (Leachim's) exhaust,  it sounded considerably different, and now you and MSD have the Magnex there are quite a lot of options.  I know I wouldn't have defaulted and got the TTE if I knew about the choices I do know..

So we have

Magnex
TTE/Remus
Postert
Standard
H&S

Maybe do an additional soundclip with apexi added???

I don't know just a few ideas..

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

markiii

good idea guys, and already being compiled foir the next lot of additions.

any new stuff welcome.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

MRMike

Okay well I can record my TTE and Blitz panel filter if you want..what format do you want Mark? any particular rev/speed increment so that the comparison is fair?

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

markiii

to be honest, the samples so far are very varied in terms of quality and what the car was actually doing.

ultimately they will be encoded to mp3 to keep the sizes down.

however as we have teh chance to do this from scratch I suggest some at idle and also at full throttle to gibe an allround feel.

final sample can be emailed tome at  e mailto:montechristo@btinternet.com">montechristo@btinternet.com e  and I'll get them added to teh list.

please describe what exhaust, and any intake/exhaust mods.

thanks,

Mark.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

brilliant idea, great timing aswell, as im thinking of going for a twin exhaust soon! the sooner you peeps upload those sound clips the better!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Magnex looks good, but not sure about the sound, its a bit low. See what its like when she warms up, like the post says.

Anonymous

Oh S7EVEEE boy the pipes the pipes are calling, from MR2 2 MR2, and all the mountain side and we shall hear the sound their making from glen 2 glen and all over Merseyside.

Very nice they look 2, eh,eh, turned out nice again  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Glad you like my pipes guys!! Best decision I every made!!

I like mine BIG!!
  s:D :D s:D  

http://www.steve.macartney.btinternet.co.uk/Img_0020.jpg

Had some wicked photo's taken that weekend, had my calipers done the same weekend.

Gagging to get my 17's on there to compliment my 8 inches....

<MOD> Slacey - changed pic to link as rather large! </MOD>

Anonymous

Only 8 inches, I have 12 but don't use it as a 'rule'   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: