"replacing electric aeriel on mk3

Started by Anonymous, February 21, 2012, 19:31

Anonymous

"managed to source a replacement unit for the motor and mast, both were in a very bad conditions
read the excellent guide on here for repairing the unit but doesnt cover replacing, do the power and ariel cables plug into the unit or are they hardwired in ie would i need to cut and splice either

any advice would be excellent"

jamie

Steve Green

In would have thought that the guides say unplug. But best compare your spare with what you have fitted before progressing.

Presumably the search button is working. Aerial and Antenna are good words.
2003 Facelift SMT

Did my old avatar offend you?

Anonymous

Ive got a complete unit here, only missing the plug off the end of the co-ax. £35 incl pnp. Any good?
Full refund if not to your taste.

Anonymous

Repair guide doesnt require leads being removed and replacement still in the post, just need to know what connections are on the motor thanks

trevsmr2

Quote from: "jaymo""managed to source a replacement unit for the motor and mast, both were in a very bad conditions
read the excellent guide on here for repairing the unit but doesnt cover replacing, do the power and ariel cables plug into the unit or are they hardwired in ie would i need to cut and splice either

any advice would be excellent"

jamie
power cable plugs in, the coax is hard wired ,

when you say replacing do you mean removing to replace? if removing completly you need to unplug from the stereo and feed out the coax cable

but you can replace the motor and mast in your old casing ,and the plastic cogs inside which go as well

Tags: