My shot at vinyl wrapping!

Started by Mr X, February 28, 2012, 20:51

WillsSayers

Yep, yet if it was a respray, you'd have to notify them. /shrugs.

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::
Chassis: :: Front and Rear Strut Brace :: C-One Front and Rear Anti-roll Bar ::

Anonymous

I think this says it all really. Made of Win mate!

AckersMR2

Read this thread reminded me of this, jump to 3:10 if you like?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDzfrjMdEp0&feature=youtube_gdata_player
My only car is a Ducati 

FuZZy_gr

I am curious if the wrap on the rear bonnet and rain protector will hold.  I wrapped my laptops charger and it keeps on peeling in some spots from the heat.

Mr X

Quote from: "FuZZy_gr"I am curious if the wrap on the rear bonnet and rain protector will hold.  I wrapped my laptops charger and it keeps on peeling in some spots from the heat.

That's probably because laptop chargers are plastic and not painted so it's an unsmooth surface. vinyl needs to be on a painted surface or it will just come away.
My problem is I made an exhaust that's a centre exit (next to the number plate. I did have a heat shiled to protect the bumper above it but on cleaning it getting ready for wrapping i noticed that the heat went up the screws holding it on, melted around them and the whole thing fell off! Now I need to make a bigger shield or it will just happen again   s:flame: :flame: s:flame:
I'm not saying I'm batman. I'm just saying that nobody has ever seen me and batman in a room together.

Mr X

I'm not saying I'm batman. I'm just saying that nobody has ever seen me and batman in a room together.

dcod

Tease.  s:D :D s:D
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

Patch

I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing this finished - you're doing a sterling job!    s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:

Mr X

doors and cills done!  s:D :D s:D
big doh! tho...... dropped my ratchet putting the bumper back on and chipped it!! gonna have to re do it later :/ also think im going to have to paint the mirrors rather than wrap them.... also have to buy an new piece of glass as i cracked it putting the galss back in!!! big DIME BAR!!!

dcod

It's starting to come together.

Feel for you about the damage, you've really got to be in the right frame of mind when you do these things. Never rush it and never get frustrated. Take your time.

Looking forward to the finished product.   s:D :D s:D
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

woodman

awesome work so far. a lot further than my attempt a while ago lol. i wish i had your patients, favorite bit so far - definantly the headlights  s:) :) s:)
cant wait to see it finished!
JDM[size=85]addict[/size]

JudoKilli

Quote from: "woodman"i wish i had your patients

How did they help him?

Mr X

well, I was working on the car as soon as i got back this morning from last nights session  s;) ;) s;)  10 hours today in total! I did the part between the roof and engine lid, the hard top clip cover things, removed the rear lights and rear left 1/4. Had to pull out, sand, fill and sand a dent in that (was hit buy a door above wheel arch) and I have wrapped it ready to be fitted in the morning  s:) :) s:)  rear o/s 1/4 and rear bumper to go! WOOP!

cracked mirror   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

once im done i might give wrapping the rear lights (back and cut out circles for the lights) to see how it looks and orange/black my wheels! not sure if that's going to go well but we will see!

Anonymous

Epic!

woodman

Quote from: "JudoKilli"
Quote from: "woodman"i wish i had your patients

How did they help him?
ohh haa haa  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  
patience** ............. i´ll put that one down to the spellchecker!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

kentsmudger

Making some great progress, and it looks great!
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

Mr X

Here is a shot i took this morning after getting the wing on. Need to wait now for more film to be delivered.

in all, cost me about £200

stargazer30

Looking good.  Just the wheels spoil it.  I'd throw another £200 at a refurb if you can spare it.
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

Mr X

Quote from: "stargazer30"Looking good.  Just the wheels spoil it.  I'd throw another £200 at a refurb if you can spare it.

£200? Naaa I'l do it myself  s;) ;) s;)  gotta be a combo of matte black and orange again. maybe orange spokes with black rim/centre.

Bekatee

Quote from: "Mr X"
Quote from: "stargazer30"Looking good.  Just the wheels spoil it.  I'd throw another £200 at a refurb if you can spare it.

£200? Naaa I'l do it myself  s;) ;) s;)  gotta be a combo of matte black and orange again. maybe orange spokes with black rim/centre.

Making great progress... good to see all the parts coming together really well  s:D :D s:D

What about these ideas for colour placing when you refurb your alloys?! (Sorry, i couldn't find both in black and orange   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   )

And any plans for the side intakes and brake calipers?!
Ex owner, but forever an enthusiast ;) ...Sold, but never forgotton \":)\"

uktotty

Bekatee

It's not a competition, Russ   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ...but the 2nd alloys do look great!!   s8) 8) s8)
Ex owner, but forever an enthusiast ;) ...Sold, but never forgotton \":)\"

woodman

love the second pic of the konig wheels, would look awesome on there!
shame they weigh about a ton a wheel  s:( :( s:(
when you tackle refurbing yours get plenty of pics up  s:) :) s:)

Mr X

I love those 5 spoke ones! Look quite like the OEM ones... like to keep the spokes orange and the rest black!
defno will take pics while I go  s;) ;) s;)

here is what I tried out on my lights. always thought stickers/painting was a bit cheap/naff but might be ok....

The sidelights are on in the pic, that's why the left one is a bit bright!

WillsSayers

Would have to see it with the rear bumper wrapped as well, but first thoughts are it's horrible!  s:( :( s:(

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::
Chassis: :: Front and Rear Strut Brace :: C-One Front and Rear Anti-roll Bar ::

Tags: