German J spec nose badge

Started by MRMike, May 5, 2004, 13:08

Anonymous

This part is from David.a guy in Germany called "Layser" in the german Forum.
The material is stainless steel, high gloss polished, and chromed, on the backside isn`t adhesive.
english language would be understand in the german forum too

Anonymous

<Sorry-off-topic-but-it-annoyed-me-enough-to-post>

Why cant people take photos of cars without either them or their flipping shadow in them!.  That shot was SOOOO easy to do with out the bloody big shadow.

Maybe its not a shadow, maybe it laquer blemish though - nic e in white though. AND INCREDIBLE BADGE

</Sorry-off-topic-but-it-annoyed-me-enough-to-post>

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "cstevens"Maybe its not a shadow, maybe it laquer blemish though

Bloomin amateurs eh Craig    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

It is a shadow. Darken the picture and look toward the bottom right. You can see the camera strap dangling from his left hand. From this you can follow the picture and make out both arms and his head. This is confirmed by the reflections on the badge itself. My guess is he was only standing  no more than 2 foot away at the time.

I spend ages making sure I am not in shot. Zoom...a wonderfull thing.

There is nothing worse than trying to take a picture of one thing and ending up in the shot as well. Mind you at least it was just a shadow and slight reflection....not as bad as this one:

Tem

Quote from: "Peter Laborne"....not as bad as this one

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

...I think we should get back on the topic though  s;) ;) s;)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cstevens"Why cant people take photos of cars without either them or their flipping shadow in them!.  That shot was SOOOO easy to do with out the bloody big shadow.

<scooby doo mode>
Its a.......... GHOST!!!!!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  
</scooby doo mode>

Sundance   s8) 8) s8)

Slacey

<MOD> Back on topic guys or the thread will be locked... and as I am trying to arrange a GB out of it, that would be inconvenient!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  </MOD>
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

I would be interested in one as well, I had PMed lazer but got no reply.

EDIT: Im not in, for obvious reasons.

Anonymous

Count me in!! That badge is ice cold!!

Anonymous

Slacey

I've added your name to the above GB Jaymo.

Anonymous

Can I have one please...

Slacey

Quote from: "ROBMAXTOM"Can I have one please...
Yep, I'll put you down, but can further interested members please post directly to the GB thread, thanks.

MRMike

Its Friday night, wine induced question time..so here we go..  Does anyone know approximately how wide apart the OEM holes are for the front badge, if so I'll paypal you enough for a pint.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Layser how wide is the badge ??
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Slacey

I can tell you shortly as I have a spare J-Spec badge somewhere, when I dig it out I'll let you know.

MRMike

Cheers Sean,

Well might as well detail my idea..I'd really like this badge for the front of the car, but as we know it won't cover the holes the previous badge left.  So I thought why not mount the badge on some carbon fibre, cut the carbon fibre to suit.  If the badge is large enough, with backing it should hopefully cover the holes. And look completely awesome IMO! (Obviously if the holes are massively apart, I don't want a great slab of carbon fibre on the front of my Car!)    Having a look round for carbon sheets, Lee's link from ReVerie seems the best, as it is real Carbon fibre as opposed to plastic Foila Tec sheeting etc. Anyways it's pretty expensive, but as you can cut the Carbon fibre, I could buy a sheet @ £62 and divide it amongst us to make the backing for the badges?

m http://reverie.ltd.uk/shop/products.php ... 2d66e43e39 m

I did a very quick photo shop to see what the badge with carbon ReVerie backing would look like.  On this one I cut it to fit the 'Eagle' Logo. It would probably look better with a diamond of carbon behind the badge, to emphasise the eagle more.  Plus with a dark badge on the front it will look like a Porsche badge!  

I know its a lot for a badge..but it would look unbelievably good!

Anyways let me know what you reckon! And if anyone knows how big Layser's badge is that would be awesome.

[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

kanujunkie

why not just get the holes filled
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

MRMike

Could do..personally I don't want to put filler on my car.  And this way I can put it back to standard should I so desire!

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Slacey

Mike, the pins are unfortunately placed pretty much in the middle, so the eagle's 'wings' would go around them I reckon.
Crap pic, but see below...

Here's another pic of the badge on a car, so it will give you a rough idea of the size...

MRMike

Sean thanks for that..really helpful. I think your right, the pins will in effect be in the middle of the wings.  Based on that evidence I'm thinking a diamond of carbon with the badge on top will look pretty good..very JDM!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  I'm going to try it anyways! I'll post a pic when its done so you can see what you think.. if only to tell me to rip it off !

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

kanujunkie

i did have another idea. When we had our corrolla, it came with a repair patch for covering stone chips. it was a wafer thin sticker of material identical in colour to the car.

so can you get these patches for our car?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Tags: