My 01 MR-S PIC HEAVY!!!!

Started by simers, July 23, 2012, 18:01

simers

Quote from: "rbuckingham"love the women mod where do i sign up to get my own version. oh and the car looks tidy as well

They are my promo girls for the car site I run over here...
Mr2 mk3 1.8vvti 01,93 mirage 1.5,94 pulsar 1.3, 00 306 2.0 hdi

If its not broke, don\'t fix it!!!!
The only way forward is sideways!!!! ;)

chris3boro

Car looks really good, though I am a big fan of standard wheels being powdercoated, I think they suit allmcoours and black or anthracite would looks good on yours in my opinion. Front badge suits it

simers

Thanks Chris...I am changing my wheels again soon to the borbets or I'm looking at a set of XXr's....9" wide on the back wit a 5 inch dish and 8" on the front with a 3 inch dish

Wabbitkilla

Car's looking good, you've definitely restored it well so far   s:D :D s:D  
Like the ... err ... organic additions too   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

simers

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"Car's looking good, you've definitely restored it well so far   s:D :D s:D  
Was thinking you would like them hahaha...
That was the cars first car show but have another one in a few weeks in Mondello Park Naas Co. Kildare...Japfest 2012...should be a good day out and our girls will be on show again

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "simers"
Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"Car's looking good, you've definitely restored it well so far   s:D :D s:D  
Was thinking you would like them hahaha...
That was the cars first car show but have another one in a few weeks in Mondello Park Naas Co. Kildare...Japfest 2012...should be a good day out and our girls will be on show again

Just be careful, Spit had models sprawling over his car once and it ended up with a tan   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Infamous

Good job on restoring the car.
Looks well.
I seen a few pics of your car at heatwave and wondered who owned it, now I know!

simers

Quote from: "Infamous"Good job on restoring the car.
Looks well.
I seen a few pics of your car at heatwave and wondered who owned it, now I know!
Not finished restoring her yet mate... Have more work in the pipeline

Infamous

What else have you planned for?

simers

Quote from: "Infamous"What else have you planned for?
I am lowering it, full respray in Toyota 051 pearl white with a few purple touches and a new set of deep dish wheels lip kit too hopefully

Krissg

the wheels i goin for and the stance too

Anybody know what these wheels are called? Me likey!!
2003 MR2 Red....watch this space!
Ex- MR2, black MSD kit.

Pavett1990

Aren't they dished borbet A's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

simers

Quote from: "Pavett1990"Aren't they dished borbet A's?

Spot on Ash.... Borbet A's ftmfw!!!! 8.5 rears and 7.5 front

redcarblackhorse

was there a car in that shot?;-) Joking aside good work there - looking good. Bet you must look at her and have a real feeling of achievement:-)
1999 MR-S with a few tweaks!
Circuit de catalunya
24 Heures du Mans
Thruxton
Abingdon Track day

Pavett1990

Thought I was haha I would love a set for my '2 but at £400 plus they ain't cheap

Krissg

Quote from: "Pavett1990"Thought I was haha I would love a set for my '2 but at £400 plus they ain't cheap

Any ideas what size if get on the 2?
Also the ET?
I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to rims! Haha
Ex- MR2, black MSD kit.

Pavett1990

Normally if you go on any wheel comparison website and enter your car details they should tell you which wheels are available?

Anonymous

I always thought Borbets were a bit 'Dubby' for Jap motors? I have nothin agaist them though and they are readily available on the second hand market like everything else for VAG cars.

I would certainly be careful before dishing out your cash that the wheels will fit ok, the arches on these 2's dont allow for much play so i think unless you camber the wheels with a little stretch on the tyres you may achieve some poke with out rubbing.

It might be of use to you or not but when playing with J sizes and ET's i use this website to check the overall poke and inside clearence your'll end up with. This way you can compare the sizes to the standard alloys, measure in reality how far the wheel poke out and measure what is acceptable to come out by, then by playing with the ET values, your be able to find the correct sizes for you without the need for spacers later or even over cooking the poke rendering the new wheels useless and back up for sale again. I would aim for no more than 15-20mm of poke outside the arch based on a stretched tyre clearing to the inside of the arch on the rears and less so on the fronts. I hope this made sense as ive lost myself!   s:) :) s:)  

m http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp m

Anonymous

Oh and this site will help compare using different tyre sizes for the stretch if required;

m http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?wi ... mit=Submit m

Just beware that tyres differ quite allot so its not an exact science!

PS, cars looking good fella!

simers

Quote from: "Carbon RX"Oh and this site will help compare using different tyre sizes for the stretch if required;

m http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?wi ... mit=Submit m

Just beware that tyres differ quite allot so its not an exact science!

PS, cars looking good fella!
Ah I haven't got the borbets on it yet as I can't find the proper stagger for em... For a second hand set here you are lookin at €500+ which is mental money but I'm goin to do it one way or another... I want my car different which is not goin to be everyone's taste but sure it's my taste

Krissg

Quote from: "Carbon RX"I always thought Borbets were a bit 'Dubby' for Jap motors? I have nothin agaist them though and they are readily available on the second hand market like everything else for VAG cars.

I would certainly be careful before dishing out your cash that the wheels will fit ok, the arches on these 2's dont allow for much play so i think unless you camber the wheels with a little stretch on the tyres you may achieve some poke with out rubbing.

It might be of use to you or not but when playing with J sizes and ET's i use this website to check the overall poke and inside clearence your'll end up with. This way you can compare the sizes to the standard alloys, measure in reality how far the wheel poke out and measure what is acceptable to come out by, then by playing with the ET values, your be able to find the correct sizes for you without the need for spacers later or even over cooking the poke rendering the new wheels useless and back up for sale again. I would aim for no more than 15-20mm of poke outside the arch based on a stretched tyre clearing to the inside of the arch on the rears and less so on the fronts. I hope this made sense as ive lost myself!   s:) :) s:)  

well after several reads of that i think i finally got it! hahaha
ye they are dubby is suppose but like he says theyre a bit different, i was just thinking about picking up a set of 16's and having them with more of a standard fit than poked out but will try drop it as far as i can.
does seem steap money for them but you can pay that for some halfrauds specials without tyres and theyre more an investment as if you keep your stock wheels youll be sure to fetch the same money on re-sale.
 m http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp m
Ex- MR2, black MSD kit.

Anonymous

Well im going through it all with my other car as putting on a 50mm wider rear fender kit rendering my alloys useless and stupid looking without a 50mm spacer or like  s:( :( s:(  
Im looking for silly sizes with minus ET numbers to fit the rear yet a matching pair in normal sizes for the fronts!
Ive found a source for 2'nd hands as new each wheel is coming in at 800 per side with no rubber lol ive found some potential set in almost right sizes for half the money but still allot for me to dish out lol they are SSR professor SP1's i think worth the money.

simers

Quote from: "Carbon RX"Well I'm going through it all with my other car as putting on a 50mm wider rear fender kit rendering my alloys useless and stupid looking without a 50mm spacer or like  s:( :( s:(  
I'm looking for silly sizes with minus ET numbers to fit the rear yet a matching pair in normal sizes for the fronts!
Ive found a source for 2'nd hands as new each wheel is coming in at 800 per side with no rubber lol ive found some potential set in almost right sizes for half the money but still allot for me to dish out lol they are SSR professor SP1's i think worth the money.
They are definitely worth the money... I would love a set of genuine workmeisters but that's never gonna happen unless I win the lotto

Anonymous

Quote from: "Carbon RX"Well I'm going through it all with my other car as putting on a 50mm wider rear fender kit rendering my alloys useless and stupid looking without a 50mm spacer or like  s:( :( s:(  
I'm looking for silly sizes with minus ET numbers to fit the rear yet a matching pair in normal sizes for the fronts!
They are definitely worth the money... I would love a set of genuine workmeisters but that's never gonna happen unless I win the lotto

They are the only other real option, they look almost the same  s:) :) s:)  good taste of JDM goodness!

Ive actually found some serious rimage during my searchs in 4x100 fitment in 16's / 17's with nice offsets.

simers

Quote from: "Carbon RX"

They are the only other real option, they look almost the same  s:) :) s:)  good taste of JDM goodness!

Ive actually found some serious rimage during my searchs in 4x100 fitment in 16's / 17's with nice offsets.
I wouldn't go anymore than 16's as there would be no slide ways action... Can you post up pics and names of rims if you have time please as I'm open to options once I have stance and dish

Tags: