Bodykits - pics if poss?

Started by Anonymous, May 18, 2004, 22:25

Anonymous

Hey,

Trying to decide on a kit, but lets face it there's not a huge choice out there! I like the Erebuni 840 kit- I think. To be honest the pics I've seen are too vague to make any firm decisions. Does the 840 kit look too much like a Roadster that wishes it was a Boxster? If anyone has any decent pics of this kit, or any suggestions on alternative kits, then I'd be most grateful!

Anonymous

a search for bodykit in the performance forum only will help you out.

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "Jaymo (Lincs)"Trying to decide on a kit, but lets face it there's not a huge choice out there!

Not a huge choice?   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Where have you been looking?

Here's a starter:
 m http://www.takakaira.com/aerokits/aerok ... .asp?cat=3 m

Tem

Quote from: "Jaymo (Lincs)"Trying to decide on a kit, but lets face it there's not a huge choice out there!

Don't look out there, look in here  s;) ;) s;)
 m http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1344 m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Jap GT300

I have 40 Kits on my page at the moment and need to update with another 10!

m http://www.angelfire.com/space/mr-s/kitspage.html m

Bongo

Some nice kit's there - I was thinking the front end of the C-One looked nice and a bit Elise-like - then i noticed Debut's effort at making an elise from an MR2...

Anonymous

Here is mine  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Darth Paul

Those my old repeaters?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  Have to say not too keen on the front – a bit too scoopy for my tastes. Each to their own though!  s:D :D s:D  

DP

Anonymous

Darth Paul ... you see you could have given those repeaters to a natural beauty like mine that is untouched .. if only I were witty enough to warrant them   s:x :x s:x

Anonymous

I agree about the front scoops, i didnt put them on, it came with the car (j-Spec Stage II)  s:P :P s:P  
The repeaters are great, but the bulbs didnt survive transit (the silver coating rubbed off and now they flash a yellowish colour rather than orange. I have had some difficulty getting replacements too, but hopefully it shouldnt be too long before they arrive.

You should see the Front bumper in anything other than black (i.e. yellow shown here UGH!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  )
 m http://www.tdi-plc.com/Toyota%20MRS.html m

Thanks Paul for the blinkers  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   They really do finish off the black and silver look nicely. One day i will send them on to another lucky winner  s:D :D s:D

Tem

Btw, anyone know what front bumper looks like it has similar upper hole as the TRD Stage2 bumper, but otherwise looks like stock..? I've been thinking that it would look great with the Stage1 kit...

I'm starting to think it was custom made  s:? :? s:?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Darth Paul

Quote from: "vibratingsky"You should see the Front bumper in anything other than black (i.e. yellow shown here UGH!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  )
 m http://www.tdi-plc.com/Toyota%20MRS.html m

Now I've seen that yellow monstrosity I have to say that it must be the worst MR2 front end ever! At least in black the 'holes' are hidden somewhat.

DP

*EDIT*

OMG, sorry! Didn't mean to diss your car.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Jap GT300

Quote from: "Tem"Btw, anyone know what front bumper looks like it has similar upper hole as the TRD Stage2 bumper, but otherwise looks like stock..? I've been thinking that it would look great with the Stage1 kit...

I'm starting to think it was custom made  s:? :? s:?

I think i've seen one

There is one down at Southampton, if it's the same.  I'll take some photos and post it.  On the rear it has a lip that juts out about 3 inches then curves under the bumper.

Anonymous

I like the one your takling about too. Much more subtle and much less ricey  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

Cheers chaps, fantastic feedback as ever. Those links have helped loads and I think my minds made up.

Wow! there are some real shitty bodykits out there, infact there are far more ugly ones than good ones! Tho when they're good, they're HOT!! Veilside, DAMD and Dangun all get the thumbs-up... and that Monocraft one? awesome! proper Robocop!

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "Jaymo (Lincs)"Wow! there are some real shitty bodykits out there

Yeah, I know what you mean.

Take the Power House Amuse kit. This was originally marketed as a Lotus Elise bodykit for the Roadster (note the badge in the publicity shots).

a) Why would I want to put an Elise bodykit on a Roadster?
b) Why would I want to buy a Roadster then spend £1200 (plus shipping etc) turning it into an Elise, when a real Elise would have cost less.

Oh yeah, and it looks nothing like an Elise!!!!!

markiii

maybe because in teh US you could,t buy an Elise?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

the DAMD Black X Metal Kit, oh my, that is a real beauty.
and surprised myself at actually really liking the veilside, specially as I'm generally a non-ricicle kinda chap
but that black DAMD, i heart it..alot

Anonymous

Anyone know where I can get hold of the West Coast Spoilers kit as seen in the previously mentioned links? Do they have a UK supplier? I cant find any using google etc

Tags: