Canards

Started by Jap GT300, May 22, 2004, 20:38

Jap GT300

There is only one place I can find that sells them for our car.   w www.aprperformance.com w

I wonder if Envy can get these?  Does anyone know where to get them cheaper?

Thanks Adam

Jap GT300

Heres a better picture!  These Carbon Fibre ones are $185

Bongo

What do they do?

Anonymous

was wondering that myself mate, never seen tham before. dont look paritularly nice either...

Anonymous

If they aint just cosmetic then i guess they could increase front downforce (like on an F1 car)?

Anonymous

if it was for downforce then surely they would be better right at the bottom corners of the bumper? do they stick out at all, its hard to tell   s:? :? s:?

Jap GT300

Heres another picture, they usually come in pairs.  They are used in both GT300 and GT500 race class in Japan so they must perform a downforce benefit.

Anonymous

looks like giant razor blades stuck to the bumper!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Jap GT300

Quote from: "Tomr2"looks like giant razor blades stuck to the bumper!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

I was thinking it would help keep my stripped out front end down with the extra power provided from the 2ZZ!

Slacey

I think there may be legal issues on the road use of those leg slicers  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

MRMike

Could be wrong..but I think they may be to divert airflow away from the wheelarch, and create a low pressure area where hot air is drawn out off, thus cooling the brakes.  A bit like a system on the R34 GTR

Apart from that, they might direct airflow to the large rear spoiler? If they're not for that,  knee slashers seems the most obvious explanation.
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Jap GT300

They are definately for downforce.  I dont know if there would be a performance benefit for our cars though.

Also, they don't protroud out of the car they are designed not to pke out beyond the wheel arch.  I will try and find a front on picture.

MRMike

Ahh I see..they seemed to stick out more on the APR MR2
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

dieamond

just for your information

a "canard" is a duck in french :p

I'm leaving
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

Darth Paul

Quack.

Chris

Quote from: "dieamond"just for your information

a "canard" is a duck in french :p

That reminds of the only fools and horses episode - a chrimble spesh from a few years back iirc...  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Anyway.... the more I see the gt300 kit, the more i get to like it   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   plus it would solve the getting cold air problem!
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "Jap GT300"

Erm, why is it sporting a Lexus badge????

Chris

I believe that it's a yank thing to put lexus badges on, to make it that bit different - I guess in much the same way we put j-spec badges on ours...
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Tags: