side vents/spoilers/rear vents interested ?

Started by wotugonado, October 10, 2012, 19:06

simers

Quote from: "PaullyP2010"1. trevsmr2 , Soft top covers x 1
2. wotugonado, soft top covers x 1
3. Bernie11a soft top covers x 1
4. AckersMR2 soft top covers x 1
5. Rbuckingham soft top covers x 1
6. jonone C-ONE type side vents
8.Les. soft top covers x 1
9.Frogger. C-ONE type side vents
10.PaullyP2010. soft top covers x 1
Mr2 mk3 1.8vvti 01,93 mirage 1.5,94 pulsar 1.3, 00 306 2.0 hdi

If its not broke, don\'t fix it!!!!
The only way forward is sideways!!!! ;)

simers

1. trevsmr2 , Soft top covers x 1
7.Les. soft top covers x 1
8. Frogger. C-ONE type side vents
9.PaullyP2010. soft top covers x 1
Took myself off list as spoiler not available... Sorry for double post

trevsmr2

I spoke with the seller regarding a few other bits , he said if there was enough interest he could supply the centre consoles

Also these are work in progress ,and will be available soon

carlclarke

I am interested in the centre console if it is the same one that is sold on the popular auction site. Is the seller the original manufacturer?

vinp182

10. Vinp182. soft top covers x 1
2001 Nissan Silvia S15 SpecR
2000 MR-S...... Between engines
1993 Rev4 Turbo mk2 300whp
1994 Rev3 Turbo mk2
2004 Renaultsport Clio182

nathanMR2

10. Vinp182. soft top covers x 1
11. NathanMR2. Soft top cover x 1
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

simers

What kind of money are you looking at for the console and wide arches trev?

drayid

i would be intrested in the centre console without cup holders depending price.

Anonymous

Those arches look potentially epic for some serious alloy goodness! Bout bloody time a widearch kit maybe on the market without having to shell out four figured numbers just to buy it  s:D :D s:D

edit: looking agian i think your need an offset of about ET0 on a 8JJ alloy. do i hear 10JJ's on the back, would be rude not to!   s8) 8) s8)

trevsmr2

Quote from: "simers"What kind of money are you looking at for the console and wide arches trev?

hes not given a price yet ,until they are finished

trevsmr2

Quote from: "carlclarke"I am interested in the centre console if it is the same one that is sold on the popular auction site. Is the seller the original manufacturer?

it will be the same ,but he is not the original maker ,

simers

Quote from: "Carbon RX"Those arches look potentially epic for some serious alloy goodness! about bloody time a widearch kit maybe on the market without having to shell out four figured numbers just to buy it  s:D :D s:D

edit: looking agian i think your need an offset of about ET0 on a 8JJ alloy. do i hear 10JJ's on the back, would be rude not to!   s8) 8) s8)
9.5 rears and 8.5 fronts :-p

nathanMR2

Correct me if im wrong but isnt that going to destroy the handling of what is one of the best  affordable handling cars out there??  s:? :? s:?

simers

Quote from: "nathanMR2"Correct me if I'm wrong but isnt that going to destroy the handling of what is one of the best  affordable handling cars out there??  s:? :? s:?
Elaborate please as I'm only going 2 inches wider which should actually improve handling as the wheel will cover more ground... How do you think that will mess up handling???

nathanMR2

I dont wish to venture too much off topic but i felt a difference in handling with going for a slightly wider tyre on the rear than my previous rear tyres. Sure the back was more grippy but the turn in felt different. Ive got used to it now but i remember thinking i preferred the previous rears when i changed. My understanding is that theres a good chance spacers would be needed to accomodate most wheels of that nature, which in turn puts unnecessary stress on the hubs and suspension components. Steering is likely to become more heavy and going with an even wider offset as per carbons suggesting could increase understeer

JiMR2

Look good though  s;) ;) s;)
AKA Cinnamon Jim

loadswine

Not necessarily! especially if staring back at the road from a ditch. Increased rubber doesn't always mean more grip.
Anyway, back on topic, as this is essentially a group buy info thread and we are cluttering it a bit already.  s;) ;) s;)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

trevsmr2

Quote from: "MisterK"Just one point guys, I don't think that the soft top covers are going to fit if you have a style bar fitted.  I have the TTE bar & it looks like this:

From the pictures above, the cover looks as if it's too wide and will come up against the bar.

Shame. otherwise I'd have liked one.

Heres another pic of the covers fitted,from this pic it shouldn't be hard to trim round the style bar ?

Anonymous

Quote from: "nathanMR2"I dont wish to venture too much off topic but i felt a difference in handling with going for a slightly wider tyre on the rear than my previous rear tyres. Sure the back was more grippy but the turn in felt different. Ive got used to it now but i remember thinking i preferred the previous rears when i changed. My understanding is that theres a good chance spacers would be needed to accomodate most wheels of that nature, which in turn puts unnecessary stress on the hubs and suspension components. Steering is likely to become more heavy and going with an even wider offset as per carbons suggesting could increase understeer

If you buy the right wheels with correct offsets there is no need for spacers, thats for when you buy the wrong sizes or cant source some of the correct size.
Buying different tyres than before can make a difference on handling so where do you stop a comment like that? Each to their own on that basis i think personally like all car modifying.

If i was not saving every penny for my new wheels i would be all over them covers and spoiler! Looks from the images above that they must be 'chopable' around existing style bars, be brave    s:D :D s:D

nathanMR2

It was the same brand/make of tyre Carbon. Just slightly wider than before on the back.

Anyway back on topic  s;) ;) s;)

manchestermatt1986

Im very very interested in the center console and possibly c-one style vents too. But please keep me informed about the centre console!!   s:) :) s:)
Toyota/TRD Stage 2 Kit - C-one Wing - Hardtop - Injen Induction - Inner Vent LED\'s - Double Din JVC - Armrest - Painted Calipers - Custom Heatshileld - Two Active Subs In Bins - Blitz Nur Spec-S - Team Dynamic 16" - Twin Vocal Speakers On Bin Lids - JSpec Gear Knob - Che Manifold - Angel Eye Fogs -

trevsmr2

This cover is available ,but shipping costs are high apparently ,shame ,

AckersMR2

Quote from: "trevsmr2"This cover is available ,but shipping costs are high apparently ,shame ,

Does look nice, not sure what you do if it starts raining?
My only car is a Ducati 

trevsmr2

Quote from: "AckersMR2"
Quote from: "trevsmr2"This cover is available ,but shipping costs are high apparently ,shame ,

Does look nice, not sure what you do if it starts raining?

I think they are more suited for countries that dont get rain

Anonymous

Gotta say i quite like it! But agree with you both on use being very limited here :/

Tags: