Fitting Chrome Tacho rings

Started by MRMike, May 29, 2004, 12:34

MRMike

Received my Chrome Tacho dials today..was just wondering if any of you other guys who ordered them had fitted them yet..or if Diemond had any ideas about the best way of fitting them?

I'm assuming I have to remove the instrument binnacle....

Cheers Guys
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

markiii

remove the binacle, dead easy put teh steering wheel in the lowest position and pull on teh binacle, voila it comes off.

there are 3 or 4 screws (all visible that hold teh perspex cover over teh tacho, remove and voila there you go.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

MRMike

Fantastic ! Thanks Mark!
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

markiii

no problem, i suggest you wear latex gloves when installing them as if you get fingermarks on teh rings themselves or the perspex inside it will be a pain.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

MRMike

Even better! Great stuff! Incidentally have you installed yours yet Mark? Are they a good fit?

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

how much are they out of interest? as i think they look really good. but i think you need to match ity with chrome heater control dials...

MRMike

m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=12227 m

Prices and pictures on there..34 Euro's for the rings

Speak to Dieamond, apparently he has an open order with the company now so can order parts ad hoc.

Incidentally these Dial rings are not the same as the TTE ones that fit on the outer edge of the binnacle, rather they sit inside the binnacle itself.

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

ah was wondering why it all had to come off! 34e sounds reasonable.

MRMike

Quote from: "Tomr2"ah was wondering why it all had to come off! 34e sounds reasonable.

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:D :D s:D  I've always been happy with my Girls more modest cup..but i guess some people have higher standards!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

I think they're on special offer at the mo..at 34 Euros.  I initially thought they were like the TTE ones..but if you want the TTE ones they cost an arm and a leg as you have to buy all the other items that go with it..

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

a bit undecided after seeing the pics, i think the tte ones look better but as u say, you have to buy all the other kit as well   s:( :( s:(

markiii

I may be selling My TTE ones soon, if your interested?

ref the heater rings, if you liek teh 03 ones they are approx £7 each and will fit pre03 with a little igenuity, thats what I have.

markiii

mine haven't arrived yet  s:-( :-( s:-(

Anonymous

i take it they glue straight on?

MRMike

I'm hoping you don't have to glue them...I prefer the TTE ones..but I'm not buying all the other stuff to get them.  

Mark do you prefer these to the TTE, is that why your selling?

Alternatively Tom you could go in on a group buy on the TTE parts and see if anyone else would be willing to have the other parts off you?

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

markiii

possibly, I need to see them in teh flesh soon, whichever I like less will be up for grabs.

MRMike

Ah i see.. I was buying these ones as a cheap alternative..if they're no good I''ll be getting some TTE so if anyone wants anything apart from the dial surrounds I might be in on a GB.

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

MRMike

Sean/Grant noticed you had fitted your chrome pieces..haven't fitted mine yet was just wondering what glue you used? Given your reponses i'm tempted to put them on Ebay.....any pictures?

Cheers,

Mike

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

GSB

No pictures, as I dont have the car with me today, but the look fine. I used the double sided trim and badge tape I seem to use for everything. Using a scalpel to cut four tiny slivers of the stuff on the back of the rings means you cant see the tape, and if you change your mind you can take them back out with no ill effects.

I think they look quite nice! Not perfect, but pretty good...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

MRMike

Cheers for the re-assurance Grant, I'll give them a go

Is this the stuff you'd recommend?

m http://www.bodyshopwarehouse.co.uk/defa ... rodid=2469 m

In-case anyone else wants some!

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

markiii

thats teh stuff but priceless, £1.88 for teh tape, £11 to deliver it.

find your local brown brothers, the 3M stuff will be cheaper and larger.

MRMike

Haha yeah ! I wasn't going to order it at that delivery price! Almost ordered some paint recently at that wsa £4 with delivery of £15.  

Bit like buying Ice on the internet...

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

GSB

Halfords sell slightly smaller reels of 3M stuff. Its what I use for more fiddley stuff. Make sure you have a very sharp scalpel though.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

MRMike

Cheers Grant, have various sizes of scalpel...  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:   from my Nitro car models I hasten to add!

Thanks again

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Tags: