Retrim color

Started by scottee, June 8, 2004, 13:18

scottee

The red leather on the 2 is looking a little age'd now, the previous keeper didnt really take much care of it and its started to crack quite badly on the bolsters of the seats. I've been using condioner on it, but it still looks bad.

I've decided to have a retrim done, my mate knows someone who can sort it out, and i've seen the work that he does and its quality. I dont know if I should keep the same color, I would love cream with black/navy piping, but Im not to sure if it would go with the silver. Dont get me wrong, I love the red, its a great contrast, but I want something different.

What you think? Has anyone seen cream leather with a silver car... does it go?

markiii

personally I'd say knoiw it won't it sounds like an MGF type combo though (sorry) so maybe an idea to look for some MGF pics.

how about yellow? actualy looks rather nice on silver, or a deep choclolate brown liek on teh Porshe Carerra GT?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

MRMike

Yeah I agree with Mark that that colour combo is very MGF like, IMO you need a darker colour to offset the Silver. Like Mark mentioned that chocolate Brown is very cool and different..

It was also fitted to the Boxter anniversary.

I know I want to go with Red and black, ideally with red aclantara on the sides and the big Audi stitching.  

A nice dark, or even light blue would look rather cool in a silver 2. Maybe something like the RS2 blue.. always loved that interior..in the centre sections..then blue stitching?

[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

I'd go with the silver and black. They work well together. Even better of you are an Oakland Raiders fan like me!

s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

if anybody has any pics of silver and red, it would be interesting to see that combi.(photshop wizards a task for you guys)

Darth Paul

Summink like this?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Pretty crappy PS work, but I think it would be too much. Bling-tastic!  s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

i think your right, it is a bit bling.
got to look for another colour now   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  .
i am gonna get flamed for this but could you try paradise blue darth as you are the ps king  s:D :D s:D

markiii

not with red surely?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

just gettin some ideas. dont know whether to go for a full change of colour or just change the side panels as i am out of warranty and the seatbelts are starting to rub the covers again.

markiii

while the pardise blue things isn't really my thing (how tactfuil was that  :-) :-) :-) ) the thing that really stops your car working is teh clash between teh blue and teh red. If your thinking of keeping the blue theme I'd ditch all teh red interior, and probably go for for blue door panels with blue seats but only teh centres, have teh bolsters done in black.

Darth Paul

Paradise Blue/Navy might be the way to go.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

I've got this file as a Photoshop file with the two colours isolated now, so it's a simple matter to change colours. Let me have 'em!

markiii

actually Paul that looks raher good.

Anonymous

that does look rather good.what about swapping the colours around,the paradise in the middle and darker blue on the edge.
wish i was that good with ps! darth you are a star.

Darth Paul

Done

Anonymous

now that i really like.what dark blue did u use on the first pic???
i was thinking of going cloth in the middle and leather around the edges got to find me a re-trimming place local to me now and get a quote.
cheers darth.

markiii

I think it works, but the armrest and gaiter are toomuch, Paul can you do those in Navy?

MRMike

Quote from: "jonboy"now that i really like.what dark blue did u use on the first pic???
i was thinking of going cloth in the middle and leather around the edges got to find me a re-trimming place local to me now and get a quote.
cheers darth.

If your going to go Cloth/suede anywhere personally I'd go for it on the side bolsters as thats where the leather takes most strain, climbing in and out.  The right side bolster can start to look quite abused through no fault of your own in leather..

Just my opinion but I think Paradise looks better round the outside, though it might be a little too much in the flesh
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

the only trouble with putting cloth/suede on the bolsters is the seatbelt wear. i was hoping that changing this to leather would stop this???

Bongo

I'm keeping an eye on this topic, i was thinking of making one exactly the same.

RE: Seatbelt wear:

My mum's Z3 has a plastic guide/holder on the shoulder of the seat to prevent wear - you could possibly get one of them built in if you're getting it custom made?

Either that or boy racer style shoulder pad things   s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

sad to say that the shoulder pad things dont stop this (i have a red pair fitted    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  )

Bongo

that saves me the trouble of trying them out then   s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

Leather scuffing on the side of the seat is always going to be a problem on cars that are hard to get in to. The Elise realy suffers from this.

How about silver in the middle and black on the outside of the seats?

Darth Paul

Silver and Black

Anonymous

your really busy today.what about red in the middle and paradise blue down the edges and red door trims and black everything else????  s:D :D s:D

markiii

for god sake man are you colour blind   s:D :D s:D    s:? :? s:?

Tags: