Holiday time again!

Started by Anonymous, June 8, 2004, 21:35

Anonymous

Got a better case this time!   s:D :D s:D  

Anonymous

BBWWWAAAAAA  HHHAAAAAA HHHAAAAAA   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Thats the funniest thing ive ever seen... makes your '2 look like a heap of crap!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"BBWWWAAAAAA  HHHAAAAAA HHHAAAAAA   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Thats the funniest thing ive ever seen... makes your '2 look like a heap of crap!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

We're all entitled to our oppinions, but I never thought outright insults by club members was the done thing.

I think my 2 is the best thing I have ever owned, maybe it looks like crap but at least I can still have the pleasure of driving it to the airport, crap looking or not!

Anonymous

Nothing personal mate, just i think those rear carriers look pants... if you search the forum you will find i make similar comments to anyone that puts one on their '2 so its not personal   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

How is that rack attached mate?  Can't quite tell in the pic.

Bloody handy if you ask me because there's no way in hell you can get a case like that anywhere else in the 2.

THEMOSS

Fair play mate, does the job you need it for. I take it it'll be coming off after the hols though? Doesn't do the old street cred any favours............  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Lotus Elise Sport 160

Anonymous

Ive got a bootey rack as well,
They are designed to do a job which is carry luggage from a to b
which you then can take off, so krisclarkuk you are getting very boring
when each time a boot rack pops up that you dont like,or shall we all leve the cars parked up in a garage cos there's no boot space just to please you.
Les
at least you get to drive your car and have all the luggage you need.
And talking about pants Kris can you get 2 adult luggage in the storage bins in your  2 or do you cut back on your smalls   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

He took the piss out of my focus too   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    That was my luggage rack.

On a more serious note, Kris didnt mean to offend by any means.

To be honest, i have NEVER actually seen a piccy of the luggage rack with luggage on it...it does look weird IMHO (but nothing photoshop couldnt remove to still look like the fab 2 that it is).   s8) 8) s8)

<Mod-hat-on>
Please DO NOT turn this thread in to a slanging match, noone means any offence, and I think feelings have been aired about it, back on topic please.
</Mod-hat-on>

markiii

Quote from: "THEMOSS"Fair play mate, does the job you need it for. I take it it'll be coming off after the hols though? Doesn't do the old street cred any favours............  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

I'd say it's great for street cred, it says my cars so good I'd rather drive it with a luggage rack than an old barge just to carry a suitcase  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

i could have done with one of these last year when i went on holiday.
just out of curiousity is the rack on the right way??? i thought the support bar was supposed to be at the rear of the car to stop the luggage from falling off????
car still looks mint with the rack on.  s:D :D s:D

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "jonboy"just out of curiousity is the rack on the right way??? i thought the support bar was supposed to be at the rear of the car to stop the luggage from falling off????

Well spotted Jon!!!!

Whilst it does ruin the lines, despirate times call for despirate measures. If I were going for a week away I think I could put up with my sitcase being in my rear-view mirror for the journey to the hotel and back. Afterall, when you get to the hotel you will be dumping the carrier in the room for the week.

If it were a choice of a 2 with a luggage rack or going in my g/f's Fiesta I know esser of two evils I would go for.

Darth Paul

Quote from: "jonboy"i thought the support bar was supposed to be at the rear of the car to stop the luggage from falling off????

Which would you rather have? Accelerating hard and your luggage going for a burton, or braking hard and getting a broken neck?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Chris

I seem to remember a big debate about the way they went on, over at SC...    s:) :) s:)  

The question has to be though, is it legal to not be able to see from the rear mirror??
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

markiii

I beleive it's legal not to have a rear mirror

the only one legally required is the driver side door/wing mirror
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

If it was illegal, then all the van drivers would be banged up.

However, if you fill a van with no rear view, you would be fine, if you fill your car up to the roof, then the police could stop you and do you for imparing rear view vision....go figure?

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "Chris"The question has to be though, is it legal to not be able to see from the rear mirror??

Oh if only that were true, then there would be no caravans on the road.

Anonymous

At least the case looks colour co-ordinated  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Haslamr2

Quote from: "Darth Paul"
Quote from: "jonboy"i thought the support bar was supposed to be at the rear of the car to stop the luggage from falling off????

Which would you rather have? Accelerating hard and your luggage going for a burton, or braking hard and getting a broken neck?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Hey there! so does anyone know which way around they're supposed to go?  s:P :P s:P
[size=75]05 MR2 1.8 VVT-i Roadster Red Spec Edit, TTE Dual exhaust TTE Lowering springs
Ali Larter in the passenger seat...lovin it!!! [/size]

roger

I read this thread a few weeks ago, and since then been watching out other cars. The vast majority have the stay at the front, though quite a lot have it the other way round.

I guess if you brake quicker than you can accelerate (any car under **20 years old), put it to the  front - if you accelerate quicker than you can brake (any car over 20 years old) put it to the back.

If you look at old Healeys, they always have it at  the back - but thats because of the slope of the boot. Its only in more modern cars that the boot has got flat, hence the debate.

** my guess when servos became standard.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

Either way around and I agree with Kris I am afraid.

I guess it serves a purpose and hopefully you would only ever have it on on the way to and back from the airport.

Get a cab  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Never had any problems under hard acceleration or severe braking with the stay facing forwards, in fact it will be getting fitted again for this Sunday.

It's holiday time!!!

So if you see a silver suicase between Hull and Manchester airport----

Let me know.

Tags: